PDA

View Full Version : Religious circumcision of kids a crime - German court

VaughnTrue
06-26-2012, 12:11 PM
A German court has ruled that parents canít have their sons circumcised on religious grounds in a move which has angered Muslim and Jewish groups in the country.

*The court in Cologne decided that a legal guardianís authority over a child does not allow them to subject them to the procedure, which the court called minor bodily harm, reports The Financial Times Deutschland.

Neither does religious freedom, which is protected by law in Germany, give grounds for such decisions to be taken for the children, the ruling says.

The court was considering a case against a Muslim doctor, who performed circumcision on a four-year-old boy at his parentsí request. Two days after the procedure bleeding started, after which the boy had to be taken to hospital.

German authorities learned about the incident and launched a criminal investigation against the doctor. The initial court trial ruled that there was no violation of the law, but the prosecutorís office took the case to the Cologne district court.

The decision sets a precedent, which may affect medical practice across the country.

The possible ban on circumcision provoked outrage among Jewish and Muslim organizations in Germany, where every year thousands of boys are circumcised in their early years at the request of parents. They regard the ban as a "serious interference in the right to freedom of religion." But none of the organizations so far has commented on the verdict, explaining they first need to study thoroughly the reasoning of the judges.

Some experts however donít rule out that the right for religiously motivated circumcision will be considered by the Federal Constitutional Court.

http://www.rt.com/news/germany-religious-circumcision-ban-772/

Being raised Jewish(and circumcised), I have had a hard time with the discussion of banning this religious practice. However, I have to admit that the more I think about why I actually have a hard time with people banning circumcision, the more I realize it's simply because that is what I was taught as a child to be "right", and it is still deeply ingrained in my mind.

I am circumcised, and my son(if I should ever be lucky enough to have one) will be as well, however for health reasons as I am an atheist and not a practicing Jew.

Curious to everyones thoughts.

Xenic
06-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Atheist checking in.

Happily circumcised. Had my son circumcised, he will thank me later...

cphustla
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Your reasoning is some of the dumbest shet I have ever heard.

BRB I was born and raised religious and taught that what was done to me is right. But now I am atheist but still believe it was right... you just admitted religious brainwashing after admitting to it.

I am not going to argue whether or not it is "healthy" because to me what someone does I could careless, but people who tirelessly defend religious "rituals" really sets me the wrong way.

Personally I think that 80% of things that are done simply because of religiously motivated arguments are stupid. This whole ordeal is so simple yet so complex.
The worst part is that the people who perform these things for "religious" reasons have it done not by a doctor. Which is the conflict in this article.

Simple solution, If the jews and muslims don't agree with it, then gtfo of Germany.

BEATINGU
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
It's been scientifically proven that people with circumcised penises are superior to people who are uncut. Lol @ all of you guys with turtle necks being sad

amtharin
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Your reasoning is some of the dumbest shet I have ever heard.

BRB I was born and raised religious and taught that what was done to me is right. But now I am atheist but still believe it was right... you just admitted religious brainwashing after admitting to it.

I am not going to argue whether or not it is "healthy" because to me what someone does I could careless, but people who tirelessly defend religious "rituals" really sets me the wrong way.

Personally I think that 80% of things that are done simply because of religiously motivated arguments are stupid. This whole ordeal is so simple yet so complex.
The worst part is that the people who perform these things for "religious" reasons have it done not by a doctor. Which is the conflict in this article.

Simple solution, If the jews and muslims don't agree with it, then gtfo of Germany.

Ive got a better idea, Germany should gtfo of people's business.

UThinkImCute
06-26-2012, 12:41 PM
It's been scientifically proven that people with circumcised penises are superior to people who are uncut. Lol @ all of you guys with turtle necks being sad

Religion... and science... great mix :rolleyes:

IAmBatman
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Good stuff going on Germany.. if they want to be circumcised for religious purposes they can do so as adults..

cphustla
06-26-2012, 12:44 PM

Are you going to make a logical argument?

It becomes Germany's business when kids show up at the government hospitals with messed up penis.

amtharin
06-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Are you going to make a logical argument?

It becomes Germany's business when kids show up at the government hospitals with messed up penis.

That is not an argument, its a statement. Germany should gtfo of people's business.

With regards to you second point, WTF?!?! was that suppose to be "logical"??

cphustla
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
That is not an argument, its a statement. Germany should gtfo of people's business.

With regards to you second point, WTF?!?! was that suppose to be "logical"??

Are you going to back up your statement? You seem to be 32 years of age with little to no reading comprehension. I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and knowing how to read is not one.

amtharin
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Are you going to back up your statement? You seem to be 32 years of age with little to no reading comprehension. I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and knowing how to read is not one.

Did you really just claim I was making an argument, when I wasn't, and your defense is to come at me about reading comprehension problems?? I am not surprised that you have a lot of problems, and Id be willing to bet that you have more than 99 of them.

And my statement does not really need any "backing up". Its just simply a personal preference of many people to have the government gtfo of their business.

And please go on about this supposed "messed up penis" problem, and the logic behind it....

lasher
06-26-2012, 01:06 PM

You sound like you're suffering from angry manlet syndrome.

nschell69
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
I hope a ban on feeding your kids fast/junk food and also soda is next. This is a lot more of a health risk then an aesthetic penis(no homo)

http://www.childhoodobesity.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/childhood-obesity-pictures-31.png

BenZowman
06-26-2012, 02:18 PM

lol, If someone was holding you down and slicing the skin off your cock I doubt you'd feel inclined to tell the people with the power to stop it to gtfo of your business. Children are entitled to protection under the law, just like everyone else. They shouldn't have elective surgery done to their genitals without giving consent, which they can't give until they're adults.

Shirohige
06-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Atheist checking in.

Happily circumcised. Had my son circumcised, he will thank me later...

lol, my friend was uncircumcised and then got circumcised.
he said it was the worst decision he had made in his life, brb losing some sensitivity and making it harder to fap and have sex without lube and ****.
and it was because of religion he had done it and then he turned into an atheist.

thank you later yeah?

edit: and yeah your perfect god created you with an imperfection which you have to cut off when you are born. okay.

illriginalized
06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Let the fascism flow through you.

jmonty
06-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Barb create man perfectly--except the foreskin

AirForceV
06-26-2012, 03:08 PM
German Atheist wearing a sweater crew checking in.

IAmBatman
06-26-2012, 04:04 PM

Says danny while he takes a picture of himself with his face covered and a gun pointed at his camera...

mistercollie
06-26-2012, 04:10 PM
This decision will be overturned in the future. Muslims will not stand for it, and they are slowing taking over the demographic there via immigration.

IAmBatman
06-26-2012, 04:14 PM
This decision will be overturned in the future. Muslims will not stand for it, and they are slowing taking over the demographic there via immigration.

If they don't like it they can leave.

ace_gauntlit
06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
If they don't like it they can leave.

I lol'd hard. you are one funny guy.

LankedOut
06-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Next those crazy Germans will be banning female circumcision at birth as well!

SheHadMANHands
06-26-2012, 05:26 PM
http://www.rt.com/news/germany-religious-circumcision-ban-772/

Being raised Jewish(and circumcised), I have had a hard time with the discussion of banning this religious practice. However, I have to admit that the more I think about why I actually have a hard time with people banning circumcision, the more I realize it's simply because that is what I was taught as a child to be "right", and it is still deeply ingrained in my mind.

I am circumcised, and my son(if I should ever be lucky enough to have one) will be as well, however for health reasons as I am an atheist and not a practicing Jew.

Curious to everyones thoughts.

What's your stance on female genital mutilation?

I thought the health reasoning has been disproven..? 2/3 of newborns are left natural in US now (if I recall correctly).

lasher
06-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Strong terrorist avi.

SheHadMANHands
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Barb create man perfectly--except the foreskin

Intelligent Design, anyone?

illriginalized
06-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Says danny while he takes a picture of himself with his face covered and a gun pointed at his camera...

LOL This is new and exciting.

First I'm a terrorist according to my avi, now I'm a fascist.

I love it. You guys bring in the lulz

Maiar
06-26-2012, 06:32 PM
LOL This is new and exciting.

First I'm a terrorist according to my avi, now I'm a fascist.

I love it. You guys bring in the lulz
You're also an idiot, according to your posts.

illriginalized
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM
You're also an idiot, according to your posts.

Says the guy asking for relationship help from the MISC.

http://i.imgur.com/CTZXI.gif

Jimmies rustled, not even once.

Fatmax1
06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
How can people chant "Germany should keep themselves outside of peoples business", and even go so far as to call this ban fascism.

No this is not fascism, in fact true fascism is being so much more clearly demonstrated by these religious parents, when they take away all the rights of their infant son as they call for a procedure that can never be reversed.

IAmBatman
06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
How can people chant "Germany should keep themselves outside of peoples business", and even go so far as to call this ban fascism.

No this is not fascism, in fact true fascism is being so much more clearly demonstrated by these religious parents, when they take away all the rights of their infant son as they call for a procedure that can never be reversed.

That's too logical..

Infants don't have rights.. the state shouldn't infringe on a parents right to make permanent physical alterations to a child.

ElMariachi
06-26-2012, 10:36 PM
What's your stance on female genital mutilation?

I thought the health reasoning has been disproven..? 2/3 of newborns are left natural in US now (if I recall correctly).

It has. Other than a few sketchy studies with questionable methodology, circumcision for medical reasons isn't recommended by pretty much any mainline medical organization. There is no conclusive proof that circumcision serves any real health-related benefit. Just about every study that has shown a possible health-related benefit to circumcision has been statistically too low to be significant.

"Be right back, slicing off a chunk of my kid's penis because someday it'll give him a 0.0001% better chance of not catching herpes............"

The Royal Dutch Medical Association stated in 2010: "There is currently not a single doctors' organisation that recommends routine circumcision for medical reasons."

MiKey4
06-26-2012, 10:46 PM

This

Use your brains and stop resorting to emotional arguments. Calling this decision "facism" is pathetic.