PDA

View Full Version : What should I do now?

Jabbar
06-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Well it's been about two weeks and my weight is still 210 lbs since upping my calories to 3,000 daily. I was losing 2-3lbs a week with 2,000 calories and all the exercise and it just didn't feel right anymore. I don't want to lose any lean tissue. My macros are 200g protein and I try to get 100g fat everyday, the rest carbs, and I'm eating fairly nutritous and my diet is healthy overall. Being 5'10" and over 30% BF should I just eat at maintenance and continue with Allpro beginners routine? I'm going to start adding in HIIT cardio 2-3 days a week also. What kind of changes can I expect following this plan? I want to gain muscle but also want to shed this fat off. Advise please! What should I do now that I know my maintenance?

Rog447
06-26-2012, 12:34 PM
I would keep cutting and get your bodyfat down first. Then up your calories and slowly gain lean body mass.

Jabbar
06-26-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm worried that if I cut right now I won't gain as much muscle on all pros program. So I was thinking to keep it a maintenance if that makes sense.

texicus
06-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm worried that if I cut right now I won't gain as much muscle on all pros program. So I was thinking to keep it a maintenance if that makes sense.

if you are really at 30% BF you can lose significant amounts of body fat on a deficit and still gain a moderate amount of muscle.

Jabbar
06-26-2012, 03:55 PM
if you are really at 30% BF you can lose significant amounts of body fat on a deficit and still gain a moderate amount of muscle.

I'm definitely in that area of BF I've posted my pic before and got guestimates on here. So should I start a caloric deficit? I intened to do HIIT sessions 3 days a week. Would the cardio be enough for the extra fat loss by itself?

gbullock32
06-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Cardio will indeed help with fat loss, and it has other benefits towards overall health. If you are worried about lean body mass loss then aim for a slower cut, 500 calorie deficit aiming for ~1 pound loss per week.