PDA

View Full Version : Cardio and carbs while walking after weightlifting

Ken2010
06-26-2012, 04:18 AM
I workout 4 days per week i do slow cardio after my weightlifting for 30mins i last in the gym for 1 and half hour sometimes 1hour
My question is howmuch carbs should i eat after it ?
i usually burn 170 calories on my cardio (yes am cutting ) am 80kg with 11% 21 years old
what i usually do is i eat 2-3 small potatoes following with creatin mondohydrate and protein shake
i just wanted to knew do i need alot of carbs after my workout? on cutting?
am just confused cus when i burn the 170 calories and eat all those carbs didnt i just bring back back what i just burned ? am not that experience guy on nutrition :P but i wanna knew if u can explain would really help me alot from ur experience
thanks.

snorkelman
06-26-2012, 04:27 AM
i last in the game for 1 and half hour sometimes 1hour

What does that mean? Are you an athlete? It seems like you may be talking about 2 different things. 1. game day, and 2. non-game days when you lift and then do cardio.

Is that correct? Do you also lift/cardio on your game day?

Ken2010
06-26-2012, 04:33 AM
What does that mean? Are you an athlete? It seems like you may be talking about 2 different things. 1. game day, and 2. non-game days when you lift and then do cardio.

Is that correct? Do you also lift/cardio on your game day?

My mistake i meant gym
I do my cardio after my workout as i posted above

germaine07
06-26-2012, 04:46 AM
Read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

layarph
06-26-2012, 04:54 AM
Assuming you know your daily macros, eat whatever you want, whenever you want by the end of the day as long as it fits your macros.

Ken2010
06-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks for quick answer guys!

THElabCHIMP
06-26-2012, 05:27 AM
when i burn the 170 calories and eat all those carbs didnt i just bring back back what i just burned ?
thanks.

there's a lot more to food than just calories.
you've got things like fiber in most complex carb sources, helping you stay full and regulating bowel movements.

vitamins and minerals

plus very calorie restrictive diets are challenging mentally. chances are the extra food you're consuming is going to help you stay sane.

that's not to say you can eat as much as you want then exercise it off. create a balance

Ken2010
06-26-2012, 05:58 AM
there's a lot more to food than just calories.
you've got things like fiber in most complex carb sources, helping you stay full and regulating bowel movements.

vitamins and minerals

plus very calorie restrictive diets are challenging mentally. chances are the extra food you're consuming is going to help you stay sane.

that's not to say you can eat as much as you want then exercise it off. create a balance
I do take animal pak daily plus Xtend durn my workout for my macros i always hit my macros since cutting my carbs are only around 60gr and my calories around 1900
and it suck being hungry at 1900 calories when u eat 4-6 meals lol there isnt much energy and ur like always hungry so i just keep on water all day to feel fully
thanks for the answer ThelabChimp! always happy to hear what other ppl say and learn from their experience

layarph
06-26-2012, 06:00 AM
I do take animal pak daily plus Xtend durn my workout for my macros i always hit my macros since cutting my carbs are only around 60gr and my calories around 1900
and it suck being hungry at 1900 calories when u eat 4-6 meals lol there isnt much energy and ur like always hungry so i just keep on water all day to feel fully
thanks for the answer ThelabChimp! always happy to hear what other ppl say and learn from their experience

You don't need 4-6 meals a day. Look into Martin Berkhan's Intermittent Fasting; it helps many with their cutting diet in terms of satiety. meal timing and frequency is largely irrelevant!

chameleonism
06-26-2012, 06:08 AM
How tall are you? I'm imagine you don't need to be cutting at 1900 calories. Also, 60 carbs is quite low and could be the cause of your low energy levels.

Ken2010
06-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Am 177 tall 80kg 21years old i do have to eat 6 meals but i there is some shakes between them and chameleonism I do need 1900 i was 2400 since my cutting i went to 1900 i was cutting 200-400 calories per 1-2 weeks and for the carbs if i increase my carbs i wont lose weight i was eating before 80gr carbs daily with 2k calories i was stuk at 81kg but since i lowerd my carbs a lil bit i started to lose 1lbs a week sometimes less but in my workout i still push the weight at the max limit am never weak in the gym i still do 130kg squad for 4-5 reps and on my bench i usually do
95kg for 8-9 reps and am cutting i think its alright weight since cutting 1MR helped me alot in my training i believe cus of it it gives me alot of energy
i was reading http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871 and am doing almost the same must ppl lower weight while cutting but am still feeling in the gym i can push more
I keep my protein 1gr per lb so around 175 gr protein with 1900 calories and 50-70gr carbs and idunno about fats from Natural peanut butter i eat couple of tpsb at the morning and dinner
but i make sure am hitting my macros my cutting is going slowly on losing weight

germaine07
06-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Am 177 tall 80kg 21years old i do have to eat 6 meals but i there is some shakes between them and chameleonism I do need 1900 i was 2400 since my cutting i went to 1900 i was cutting 200-400 calories per 1-2 weeks and for the carbs if i increase my carbs i wont lose weight i was eating before 80gr carbs daily with 2k calories i was stuk at 81kg but since i lowerd my carbs a lil bit i started to lose 1lbs a week sometimes less but in my workout i still push the weight at the max limit am never weak in the gym i still do 130kg squad for 4-5 reps and on my bench i usually do
95kg for 8-9 reps and am cutting i think its alright weight since cutting 1MR helped me alot in my training i believe cus of it it gives me alot of energy
i was reading http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871 and am doing almost the same must ppl lower weight while cutting but am still feeling in the gym i can push more
I keep my protein 1gr per lb so around 175 gr protein with 1900 calories and 50-70gr carbs and idunno about fats from Natural peanut butter i eat couple of tpsb at the morning and dinner
but i make sure am hitting my macros my cutting is going slowly on losing weight
Read this instead: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

layarph
06-26-2012, 07:35 AM
i do have to eat 6 meals

Why?

Ken2010
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Why?

Cus am not skeleton simple as that ;P
Thanks for answers guys!

Flex500
06-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Cus am not skeleton simple as that ;P
Thanks for answers guys!

that's not what he is saying...he means you can eat less meals...but more food in each meal. I rarely eat 6 meals and I am not skeleton either...I'm eating around 4400 calories a day right now...3-5 meals a day...

Ken2010
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I posted above when i said 6 meals i meant 2 shakes with 3 meals that's 5 sometimes i eat more sometimes less but it's always 2-3 meals with twice protein shake and i eat around 30gr protein per meal atm taking Pro-Nos taste great been always on gold standr wanted to change it for a bit support other company's lol
Btw sory about offtopic dont wanna start another but have you ever toke nitro oxid products ? arent they waste of money its just what am hearing am saying it cus friend of mine sells supplements i get em very cheap half price and he wants me to try 1 hes giving me nitrix by BSN btw i never used an nitro products in my life always been whey protein creatin mondo thats it