PDA

View Full Version : Speed bags sure have come a long ways!

IronCharles
06-25-2012, 12:57 AM
This looks interesting for the fight/fitness crowd. I don't know anything about it....other than what I saw on the infomercial on TV..... but it looks like a technologically advanced (and probably expensive as hell) set of punching bags:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoNfZf1vsDU

pvsampson
06-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Pretty cool.

Soon,based on this type of technology,maybe machines will be developed that will be able to hit back.

That would be fun.

Blackjack68
06-25-2012, 02:55 AM
Never seen that before.
$2,495 coat rack.

It's a cool idea, but I think a $150 heavy bag is a lot better. I can't really see it holding up very well either. Did you notice how shaky the thing was even from the "girlie" punches? Some of the excercises they were doing with it were hilarious.

so-tex
06-25-2012, 04:14 AM
Meh, I think I will stick with my regular speed bag and heavy bag.

pvsampson
06-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Never seen that before.
$2,495 coat rack.

It's a cool idea, but I think a $150 heavy bag is a lot better. I can't really see it holding up very well either. Did you notice how shaky the thing was even from the "girlie" punches? Some of the excercises they were doing with it were hilarious.

Thinking about this.

Maybe the "lack" of resistance is designed in.I feel that any company that is ready to release a machine such as this,surely would have researched enough to ensure the strength capabilities of the item,regardless of whether they be male or female using it.

It did not seem as if any thing was going to fall and hurt someone.

EDIT: Or break off

Nikonguy
06-25-2012, 07:02 AM
big machine no hit back? :(

StressMonkey
06-25-2012, 09:05 AM
The guy in the red was already annoying me in the video. I can't imagine seeing those clips over and over and over.

mslman71
06-25-2012, 09:06 AM
On the upside, it's probably easier to hang coats and laundry off of than a treadmill.

flairon
06-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Looks like something that has a lot of parts that are going to break after getting hit on and then cost a lot to repair

exbuffstuff
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Anyone with some time and decent punch power is going to tear through that thing faster then the cardio junkies that run on the treadmills without turning on the treadmill for that 'extra burn'.

I think though it would be fun...till I broke it. :( because I know I'd break it.

FlaIronMind
06-26-2012, 07:13 AM
I'll take my "old-fashioned" speed and heavy bags any day.