PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Massing - Meal Plan Question

jdubbz11
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
I am new to muscle building and trying to gain mass. I am 22 years old 6' weigh 155 lbs. with 6% Body Fat. I workout for 1 hour daily. I am looking for a meal plan to follow. I found a page that gave me these numbers and not sure what type of food or meals to consume. 50%Protein/40%Carbs/10%Fat. Any help with providing specific meals is appreciated.

Dino Pierce ~ Anabolic Nutrient Timing Factor:

Daily Total - 2200 Calories 276 g. Protein 220 g. Carbs 24 g. Fat
Per Meal - 273 Calories 34 g. Protein 27g. Carbs 3g. Fat for each meal
1. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
2. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
3. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
4. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
Workout
5. Post Work Out meal immediately - High GI & Whey Protein (Suggested Gatorade & Whey Protein)
6. 30 minutes later meal - Lean Protein, Complex Carbs
7. 1 hour later meal - Lean Protein, Complex Carbs
8. 1 hour later meal - Lean Protein, Complex Carbs

AlwaysTryin
06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
I am new to muscle building and trying to gain mass. I am 22 years old 6' weigh 155 lbs. with 6% Body Fat. I workout for 1 hour daily. I am looking for a meal plan to follow. I found a page that gave me these numbers and not sure what type of food or meals to consume. 50%Protein/40%Carbs/10%Fat. Any help with providing specific meals is appreciated.

Dino Pierce ~ Anabolic Nutrient Timing Factor:

Daily Total - 2200 Calories 276 g. Protein 220 g. Carbs 24 g. Fat
Per Meal - 273 Calories 34 g. Protein 27g. Carbs 3g. Fat for each meal
1. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
2. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
3. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
4. Meal - Lean Protein, High Fiber Vegetables
Workout
5. Post Work Out meal immediately - High GI & Whey Protein (Suggested Gatorade & Whey Protein)
6. 30 minutes later meal - Lean Protein, Complex Carbs
7. 1 hour later meal - Lean Protein, Complex Carbs
8. 1 hour later meal - Lean Protein, Complex Carbs

How are you "bulking" on 2200 calories at that height??? Don't think you realise. Also doubt you are actually 6%

Don't use ratios, requirements are based on bodyweight

Your fat intake is HORRENDOUS

You don't need to divide meals up exactly

You don't need high GI immediately

Either you are a troll or a huge BROOOOOO who will end up with f'd up hormones and basically be a female

layarph
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Recalculate your macros, because you have seriously misunderstood the requirements for bulking.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

And learn the basics on meal timing etc with the threads in here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

As long as you hit your macros by the end of the day, you don't need high GI post workout, complex carbs at this time, etc... that's all down to personal preference and has little to no effect on your body composition.

jdubbz11
06-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Recalculate your macros, because you have seriously misunderstood the requirements for bulking.

And learn the basics on meal timing etc with the threads in here

As long as you hit your macros by the end of the day, you don't need high GI post workout, complex carbs at this time, etc... that's all down to personal preference and has little to no effect on your body composition.

Thanks for your help. Could you look at this and tell me if I did this correctly and what changes you would make. Thank you again!

Height:6' Weight:155 lbs. Age:22 Sex:Male
Daily Activity: Desk job with little walking
Strength Training: 6 Days/week 1 hour each day
Cardio: 2-3 Days at 30 minutes/Day

18 Calories/ x 155 lbs = 2790 Calories
2790 Calories x .20 to gain = 558 Calories
2790 Calories + 558 Calories = 3348 Calories/Day

1.3 g. Protein x 155 lbs. = 201.5 g. Protein
.75 g. Fat x 155 lbs. = 116 g. Fat
6.5 g. Carbs + 155 lbs. = 465 g. Carbs

Daily Requirements:
3348 Calories
202 g. Protein
116 g. Fat
465 g. Carbs

snuffs
06-23-2012, 02:27 AM
The calories you have posted seem to be in somewhat of sensible range - though do note these formulas are simple estimating methods. There are many other factors that they simply cannot account for - therefore the general consensus is to use them as a guide and monitor your weight over the next few weeks to see if it increases (assuming you are bulking) or decreases (assuming you are cutting) - thereby you can get a feel whether your calories are in the right range for your goals.

As for your training - this is far too much for someone who I presume is a beginner. I would suggest looking at a full body workout x 3 times a week and learning about the basics of lifting (form, tension etc). Dont worry about the weight you are lifting - focus on doing the exercises correctly. Last thing you want to do if you are new is attempt exercises you are unfamiliar with, with weights too heavy for you - best case scenario is little to no growth, worst case scenario is injury.

Good Luck.