PDA

View Full Version : New chicken dish tonight

Kraken
06-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Just thought I would share. This turned out REALLY good. It's a mix of several recipes I found and couldn't decide, so I made up my own recipe. great for people who need a low carb meal.

Chicken breast tenders
Fire roasted peppers
Asparagus tips
Roma Tomatoes
black pepper
Garlic
Goat cheese
cooked in a small amount of chicken broth

Heated up the broth to make sure chicken got done. Topped the chicken with everything except for the cheese. Baked for 22 mins at 425 degrees, covered, then topped with goat cheese and covered again and let stand for 5 mins to let cheese melt a bit

Turned out REALLY good. My wife and I love goat cheese, so I got a little crazy with it. She loved it too. Very unique flavors in this dish

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/Troponin/IMG_2394.jpg

fn257
06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Looks really good, making me hungry. Thanks for posting this I need some new ideas and I will definitely try this.

TooSlow
06-20-2012, 10:06 PM
With a suitable substitute for goat's cheese, I'm game. Looks tasty.

UnaChispita
06-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Maybe feta? It might be too pungent, though.

Kraken
06-21-2012, 05:49 AM

THe other option is Parm cheese. I just chose goat cheese becase it's a family favorite. Parm is a great sub for it. If you wanted more of a smokey flavor (peppers already add a nice amount, but to each their own), you could use provolone too. That would be a more traditional chicken asparagus "roll" type dish.

tobymax123
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
That is a very visually appealing dish, and sounds really good. I think I'll try it. I might have to add some sliced onion. I love onion.

I make a similar dish using slices of red & green peppers, onions, and mushrooms to smother the chicken. I use a little salt & pepper and a lot of salt-free Greek seasoning on the veggies and the chicken. It's not as photogenic as your dish, but when it's cooked with all those veggies on top, the flavors seep into the chicken and keep it moist. I'll have to try tweaking it with your idea of using a little broth and roasting the red peppers. I've just started roasting my red peppers to use in recipes. So much flavor. Yum, I'm getting hungry now.

LisaSkinnoble
06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
That looks and sounds delicious!

I like goat cheese - I put it in salad and top the whole salad with grilled steak or roast beef slices.

-=FLEX=-
06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I like goat cheese - I put it in salad and top the whole salad with grilled steak or roast beef slices.

Roast beef in a salad?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No wonder I love you so much. :)

paolo59
06-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I have never liked goats milk, but goat cheese is to die for! Ha ha Lots of excellent choices in Mexico. You throw some fire-roasted chili peppers on anything, and it just tastes better! LOL And I agree with another poster, onion...lots of onion, and garlic too! :)

Kraken
06-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I have never liked goats milk, but goat cheese is to die for! Ha ha Lots of excellent choices in Mexico. You throw some fire-roasted chili peppers on anything, and it just tastes better! LOL And I agree with another poster, onion...lots of onion, and garlic too! :)

Oh damn, I forgot the garlic in the ingredient list. It had two cloves of garlic.

whatevergirl
06-22-2012, 09:46 AM
That looks really scrumptious, and the best part, sounds relatively easy to make. :) Thanks for sharing!

thepowerwithin
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
I ♥ goat cheese. Looks delish.

JPN42
06-23-2012, 10:43 PM
too much damn work. you got fancy plates though.