PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Fasting Question

oofzdaniel
06-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Recently Started IF, read through leangains but I still have a question

Am I supposed to eat at a deficit on rest days and eat maintenance on training days, or do I eat at a deficit all week?

vismal
06-19-2012, 08:13 PM
This is entirely up to you. Your weekly totals are all that matters. I did +10 on workout days -35 on rest at first but didn't like how little I was eating on rest days. I now do more of a -10 workout -25 rest. You actually don't have to cycle at all if you don't want to. The macro and carb cycling only makes a signicant difference if you are already very lean and trying to lose that last 1 or 2 % of BF. I still like to calorie and carb cycle some though because I am more hungry on workout days. Leangains is all about flexibility so do what works best for you!

hooahfries
06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Depends on your goals and your body.

oofzdaniel
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
so its still the general rule of dieting? I am on a cut right now, meaning I should be eating at a deficit no matter the situation?
I mean, IF makes my day go by alot easier with the large meals that I get to eat

tden99
06-19-2012, 08:44 PM
IF is mostly for satiety so just make sure you are in a 10-20% deficit, it isn't a way to magically lose more weight.

Crhonos
06-19-2012, 08:51 PM
I haven't been keeping track of what or how much I've been eating, just trying to gauge my appetite to be full or eat more on training days and just eat less on non training days. Losing BF slowly still while slowly gaining/maintaining strength

vismal
06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
so its still the general rule of dieting? I am on a cut right now, meaning I should be eating at a deficit no matter the situation?
I mean, IF makes my day go by alot easier with the large meals that I get to eat

There is no "no matter what the situation" If you really want to eat 10% above maintanance on a workout day and -35% on a rest day (And lots of leangainers do) you can, and you will lose weight. You will also lose weight if you eat -20% every day. Or +5 -25 or any other combo that puts you in the negative for the week. Do what you like and what you are most likely to stick too.