PDA

View Full Version : Budget deficit to surplus, how do we do it?

SP1966
06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
I propose we simply get rid of the IRS and start taxing stupid. Of course the problem then becomes how would we distribute the surplus?

Brackneyc
06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I propose we simply get rid of the IRS and start taxing stupid. Of course the problem then becomes how would we distribute the surplus?

Surplus is as bad as a deficit. Both suggest poor budgeting practices. The goal of the government (imo) is to break even.

djflex
06-18-2012, 03:07 PM

Arent you worried that in your case taxes would go way up?

:D

SP1966
06-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Arent you worried that in your case taxes would go way up?

D'oh! Guess we all have to do our part! :D

crupiea
06-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I guess finally the libs would pay their fair share.

SP1966
06-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I guess finally the libs would pay their fair share.

bcYppAs6ZdI

djflex
06-18-2012, 04:07 PM
One good way to savr money is for our goverment to save money: quit bringing charges against athletes for steroids. We spent a fortune, who cares what a waste....clemons found not guilty today btw...

Frnkd
06-18-2012, 05:04 PM
SP you have a great way of bringing out the Stupid. Its usually the ones that call out the libs. Unfortunately, if you were the king of the world they would be taxed.

:D Just saying....LOL

SP1966
06-18-2012, 05:08 PM
SP you have a great way of bringing out the Stupid.

You're always welcome in my threads! :)

crupiea
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
One good way to savr money is for our goverment to save money: quit bringing charges against athletes for steroids. We spent a fortune, who cares what a waste....clemons found not guilty today btw...

funny how congress seems to not have ever watched football.

so-tex
06-18-2012, 05:19 PM
I am so-tex, and I approve this thread.

philipj
06-18-2012, 06:02 PM
There are so many ways to accomplish this, it is silly. A. For years illegal citizens have received hospital and medical care and never paid for it the extent that some hospitals have closed. Yes, went bankrupt. And someone's president just put a plan into effect give you 800,000 new competitors for your jobs.

Some of us remember when President John F Kenney ordered that only American made goods be sold in the BX/PX at armed forces bases. As soon as he died, that order was rescinded???????

Some of us remember Ross Perot campaigning for President and demonstrating with his charts the hole we were being put into by ruthless congrsssmen. You failed to listen or vote.

When the Arkansas Governor talked about the federal Fair Tax replacing all other US taxes, fools cried "another sales tax will kill us" Wrong, but you did not listen nor learn.

For years news services bad mouthed Ron Paul, the only VETERAN running for President, after 16? wins at being elected to Congress, you screamed foolishness, rather than listen to facts. Go to youtube and listen to his interviews and speeches.

For years YOU have not listened, You have not voted right, and now ask "what do we do". And I ask why most of the peole who got us here are calling others 'libs"?

We listen to talk about the Great Generation, that's is when almost every man joned an Armed Force, came back a trained man in various jobs, as well as able to defend a country. Now look arround you, notice the men who do not serve, and say they back/support the Vets. BS. You are the men who missed the boat to accomplishing something good.

crupiea
06-18-2012, 06:35 PM
There are so many ways to accomplish this, it is silly. A. For years illegal citizens have received hospital and medical care and never paid for it the extent that some hospitals have closed. Yes, went bankrupt. And someone's president just put a plan into effect give you 800,000 new competitors for your jobs.

Some of us remember when President John F Kenney ordered that only American made goods be sold in the BX/PX at armed forces bases. As soon as he died, that order was rescinded???????

Some of us remember Ross Perot campaigning for President and demonstrating with his charts the hole we were being put into by ruthless congrsssmen. You failed to listen or vote.

When the Arkansas Governor talked about the federal Fair Tax replacing all other US taxes, fools cried "another sales tax will kill us" Wrong, but you did not listen nor learn.

For years news services bad mouthed Ron Paul, the only VETERAN running for President, after 16? wins at being elected to Congress, you screamed foolishness, rather than listen to facts. Go to youtube and listen to his interviews and speeches.

For years YOU have not listened, You have not voted right, and now ask "what do we do". And I ask why most of the peole who got us here are calling others 'libs"?

We listen to talk about the Great Generation, that's is when almost every man joned an Armed Force, came back a trained man in various jobs, as well as able to defend a country. Now look arround you, notice the men who do not serve, and say they back/support the Vets. BS. You are the men who missed the boat to accomplishing something good.

Good post but now look at the young people who do serve now.

When I was a kid I didnt have any of my friends dying in wars or having their limbs amputated and i joined the navy when I was 18 and retired at 38.

My kids know a number of young guys who have felt this fate.

i say these young kids today in the military desreve more respect then we give them. I damn sure would have full confidence in them taking omaha beach or any other battle field in ww2.

This kids are way more bad ass then alot of us give them credit for.

hochspeyer
06-19-2012, 01:43 AM
If the government could properly manage the money it took in, a small surplus would be acceptable. Afrer all, things do need to be paid for, like salaries and new equipment.

But not snail darters.

Tyrbolift
06-19-2012, 02:42 AM
If the government could properly manage the money it took in, a small surplus would be acceptable. Afrer all, things do need to be paid for, like salaries and new equipment.

But not snail darters.What is a "snail darter"?

tmonkey
06-19-2012, 07:27 AM
What is a "snail darter"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snail_darter_controversy

graybeard
06-19-2012, 11:59 AM

Let me fix that for you:

I propose we simply get rid of the IRS, Dept of Energy, HUD, Dept of Education, etc and increase tax to 50% for all members of congress (aka stupid), including cutting back their pensions and making them take Obamacare and also making them serve on the front lines. Of course the problem then becomes how would we distribute the surplus?

jasnija
06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Surplus is as bad as a deficit. Both suggest poor budgeting practices. The goal of the government (imo) is to break even.

In following along with that first the gov build a surplus to put a quantity on the waste. Then that money is is used where it should have been used to begin with and the amount left over should keep the numbers "in the black" without a huge surplus. It should work the same as personal income taxes....break as close to even as possible.

Frnkd
06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
You're always welcome in my threads! :)

there is always something to be said........and you always seem to be the first to say it.

on spread. thx for the rep anyway SP

pharmamarketer
06-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Agreed. Although being a marketing guy I love when my brands have a surplus of $. Better Bonus:)

eomrat
06-20-2012, 11:32 AM
In following along with that first the gov build a surplus to put a quantity on the waste. .

Is that you BBitsum?

Then that money is is used where it should have been used to begin with .

And where is that?

BillReilly
06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
My simple plan:

1) Repeal the 19th Amendment.

2) Repeal all of the other amendments other than the Bill of Rights.

3) Pass an amendment requiring each new bonds to be signed by the president in ink with a quill pen.

4) Pass an amendment that sunsets all federal laws after 12 months.

5) Pass an amendment requiring all bills from Congress to be written by hand with a quill pen.

That should get us another two centuries of peace and prosperity.

SP1966
06-20-2012, 02:36 PM
My simple plan:

1) Repeal the 19th Amendment.

LMAO!!

3) Pass an amendment requiring each new bonds to be signed by the president in ink with a quill pen.

4) Pass an amendment that sunsets all federal laws after 12 months.

5) Pass an amendment requiring all bills from Congress to be written by hand with a quill pen.

One modification, the writing by hand must be done by the elected official, not an assistant!

That should get us another two centuries of peace and prosperity.

I like these ideas!

BillReilly
06-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I like these ideas!

The only thing the hippies got right is, "Simplify man! Simplify!"

We've built a a machine that is too complex to operate. On the other side, the focus will be on making it impossible to replicate the complexity.

auriga
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
one simple solution - tax penalties for companies that outsource overseas and increased tax on imported goods until it becomes more cost effective for american companies to hire in america and manufacture in america.

America wins.

Brackneyc
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM

We've built a a machine that is too complex to operate. On the other side, the focus will be on making it impossible to replicate the complexity.

The corps will just raise prices for the end user.

SP1966
06-20-2012, 07:11 PM
one simple solution - tax penalties for companies that outsource overseas and increased tax on imported goods until it becomes more cost effective for american companies to hire in america and manufacture in america.

America wins.

Sounds simple, its not. Its a worldwide economy, trying to pull everything back home will fail miserably. The end results are higher prices for all Americans no matter the product, great plan.

Tyrbolift
06-21-2012, 02:55 AM

We've built a a machine that is too complex to operate. On the other side, the focus will be on making it impossible to replicate the complexity.That was Thoreau.

IronCharles
06-21-2012, 04:00 AM
That was Landru.Fixed! You are not of the body!

Landru! Help us!

Tyrbolift
06-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Fixed! You are not of the body!

Landru! Help us!

:DGo in peace my children.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/4/40/LandruProjection.jpg

I have this new device called Archonbook.

eomrat
06-21-2012, 07:02 AM

America wins.

This is the worst idea I have ever heard for fixing anything,.....almost.

BillReilly
06-21-2012, 09:37 AM
The corps will just raise prices for the end user.

Ok, I give up. What is this supposed to mean?

Brackneyc
06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Ok, I give up. What is this supposed to mean?

Companies (corporations) will not suffer a revenue loss, period. They will (as they always have) pass the extra cost onto the end user. Econ 101.

As a business owner, I have done this on several occasions. That is how it works.

trev71
06-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Spend our way out !

Hope and Change Baby.. hope and change..

Personal note, I am having a really hard time doing this in my personal finances, maybe I am not spending enough, maybe I should max the cred cards out and hope they give me more...

Ahh well... this was fun.. gotta run.

BillReilly
06-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Companies (corporations) will not suffer a revenue loss, period. They will (as they always have) pass the extra cost onto the end user. Econ 101.

As a business owner, I have done this on several occasions. That is how it works.

Ok, now what does this have to do with my post?

Brackneyc
06-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Ok, now what does this have to do with my post?

Sorry Bill, I mis quoted. Once in every 10,000 posts I do that. You were the lucky winner today. :) I meant to quote that other guy who talked about taxing businesses who outsource jobs.

Again, I apologize.

thomashenry
06-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Spend our way out !

Hope and Change Baby.. hope and change..

Personal note, I am having a really hard time doing this in my personal finances, maybe I am not spending enough, maybe I should max the cred cards out and hope they give me more...

Ahh well... this was fun.. gotta run. I`m of the mindset 4 more years of this Man and his minions & were Hopelessly Changed as in Footnote

BillReilly
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Sorry Bill, I mis quoted. Once in every 10,000 posts I do that. You were the lucky winner today. :) I meant to quote that other guy who talked about taxing businesses who outsource jobs.

Again, I apologize.

Ha! I totally missed it. I was sitting here wondering what in the world you were referring to with that. Too funny.