PDA

View Full Version : I am a blessed man..

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Today for fathers day, my wife and all of my kids (except for my daughter she had surgery the other day) took me to the 7 lakes. Each with their SO and all of my grandchildren and we spent half the day, playing in the water, relaxing, talking, playing some football, volleyball, frisbee, and laying out in the sun (although it was not as sunny as we'd hope) and just having a family moment. They also chipped in a bought me some nice expensive shirts.

I am blessed to have such a close knit family..

Feelsgoodman...

To all you dads who did the right thing by your children

Any man can make a child, it takes a real man to be a father..

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

SP1966
06-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Wait, who's ass did you kick? :confused:

Happy fathers day ya old fart! :)

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Wait, who's ass did you kick? :confused:

Happy fathers day ya old fart! :)

LOL I kicked my sons ass in football :D :D

Right back at ya!

pharmamarketer
06-17-2012, 07:10 PM
You are blessed. Sounds like a great day. I went fishing with the kids. Caught nothing but we had fun anyways

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:12 PM
You are blessed. Sounds like a great day. I went fishing with the kids. Caught nothing but we had fun anyways

I took my grandson and my two granddaughters deep in the water, they loved it. The confidence and trust they had with me was priceless..

latebloomingmom
06-17-2012, 07:12 PM
sounds like you had a wonderful day BH
remember to kiss that woman who helped make ya a daddy:)

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:13 PM
sounds like you had a wonderful day BH
remember to kiss that woman who helped make ya a daddy:)

Without her I am nothing..

Brackneyc
06-17-2012, 07:14 PM
I mowed the grass, shirtless (take that neighborhood), detailed my wife's car, and then my car, and she cooked dinner (grilled chicken and asparagus). I called my dad, and my daughter called me.

So far, ad pretty good day.

Oh, I did work back before I did all the other stuff. :)

latebloomingmom
06-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I mowed the grass, shirtless (take that neighborhood), detailed my wife's car, and then my car, and she cooked dinner (grilled chicken and asparagus). I called my dad, and my daughter called me.

Oh, I did work back before I did all the other stuff. :)do you wear dress socks when ya mow C?

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Oh, I did work back before I did all the other stuff. :)

My wife and kids did not let me do anything, I didn't even drive!

Was a great day man, I was pampered..:)

so-tex
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Today for fathers day, my wife and all of my kids (except for my daughter she had surgery the other day) took me to the 7 lakes. Each with their SO and all of my grandchildren and we spent half the day, playing in the water, relaxing, talking, playing some football, volleyball, frisbee, and laying out in the sun (although it was not as sunny as we'd hope) and just having a family moment. They also chipped in a bought me some nice expensive shirts.

Feelsgoodman...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

You are blessed. Sounds like a great day. I went fishing with the kids. Caught nothing but we had fun anywaysSounds like you both had a blessed Father's day. I did as well.

latebloomingmom
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Without her I am nothing..oh sure..choke me up why dont ya..pretty nice answer BH:)

Brackneyc
06-17-2012, 07:19 PM
do you wear dress socks when ya mow C?

Nope, just my lawn mowin' shoes. :D

My wife and kids did not let me do anything, I didn't even drive!

Was a great day man, I was pampered..:)

My wife let me do all of the fun things I love to do (srs)..... training, washing the cars and cutting the grass. :D

Might stoke up a fire later on the patio. :)

latebloomingmom
06-17-2012, 07:21 PM
thought it "stoke up a fire in the bedroom later" but ok...;)

Bando
06-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Today for fathers day, my wife and all of my kids (except for my daughter she had surgery the other day) took me to the 7 lakes.

The Bronx has lakes? :eek:

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:22 PM
The Bronx has lakes? :eek:

LOL hell no we went upstate :D

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Nope, just my lawn mowin' shoes. :D

My wife let me do all of the fun things I love to do (srs)..... training, washing the cars and cutting the grass. :D

Might stoke up a fire later on the patio. :)

lets you????

Brackneyc
06-17-2012, 07:29 PM
lets you????

In other words, she asked me what I'd like to do today (as in, whatever you want to do is what we will do), and I elected to do those things. She sat with me for 7 hours at a car show yesterday with our 67 Camaro, so I really had a Fathers day weekend, not just a Fathers day Sunday. :D

bodyhard
06-17-2012, 07:34 PM
In other words, she asked me what I'd like to do today (as in, whatever you want to do is what we will do), and I elected to do those things. She sat with me for 7 hours at a car show yesterday with our 67 Camaro, so I really had a Fathers day weekend, not just a Fathers day Sunday. :D

Ahhh OK much much better :D :D

flairon
06-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Sounds like a pretty good day.

JOHN GARGANI
06-18-2012, 03:40 AM

Feelsgoodman...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

JOHN: we were very close to each other! I had to drive through Harriman on my way to Bear Mountain ( check out my post on here)...

did you stay near Lake Welch??

StressMonkey
06-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Sounds like a great day!

Firminator4
06-18-2012, 07:38 AM

Feelsgoodman...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

Life doesn't get any better than that - you are blessed John.

bodyhard
06-18-2012, 08:48 AM
JOHN: we were very close to each other! I had to drive through Harriman on my way to Bear Mountain ( check out my post on here)...

did you stay near Lake Welch??

We were at Lake Welch, wow we were very close. We thought about going to Bear mountain, but we had the babies with us and thought it might get a little too cold. I will check out your post.

tmonkey
06-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Spent most of the day with a away game with my son. It rained the whole time. wouldn't have changed a thing

beachguy498
06-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Sounds like you had a good time. I got breakfast made for me, the kids cleaned up and I did a few things with the pool. Dug my hand in my pocket a bit much... but only showing off one of my dad-skills as an ATM.

Rob

Bando
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I see the one star bandit found this thread

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/8/2/A/d/a.aaa-Haters-gonna-hate.jpg

so-tex
06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I see the one star bandit found this thread

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/8/2/A/d/a.aaa-Haters-gonna-hate.jpgYes they did, and it is ashame. I know there are some people who do not like the OP, but c'mon man. This is a thread about fathers day, and BH being a blessed man. Oh well, I guess immaturity exists even in the over 35 section.

JOHN GARGANI
06-19-2012, 06:10 AM
We were at Lake Welch, wow we were very close. We thought about going to Bear mountain, but we had the babies with us and thought it might get a little too cold. I will check out your post.

there was overcast and a breeze early on, but once the sun poked through, as you know, it was warm and comfortable....

I have fished Lake Welch a lot in the past when I used to car top a boat, and had some great days there.....

all of that area is beautiful and a nice place to have a family picnic/BBQ....