PDA

View Full Version : Interesting and Busy Father's Day Weekend....

JOHN GARGANI
06-17-2012, 06:41 PM
what a whirlwind....can't believe it is over.....

well: although I had to work SAT morn, the missus and I took off Sat afternoon for the old original Woodstock location, as we had a Ringo Starr concert in Bethel Woods.....

not a fun drive, especially in those twisty country roads, but we stayed at a resort for one night, the VILLA ROMA..they had a concert special, where you get a room for the night, a shuttle bus to and from the event and breakfast the next morning...

Ringo, as usual, was exceptional and he had some real interesting "Starrs" in this one: the bass player from Mr. Mister, lead guitarist from TOTO, keyboard player from SANTANA, and TODD RUNGREN....as usual, they all did their signature songs, so, my wife finally got to see why I always raved about Ringo concerts, where, you don't expect hear Yellow Submarine, Broken Wing, and Evil Ways all in the same concert! lol....

next morning, after breakfast, back on the road to BEAR MOUNTAIN, to meet my middle Son and his family: haven't been to that place, seriously, since I was a very little kid.....it is just beautiful and there are many things to do there......

Then on to TARRYTOWN to meet up with my youngest Son and his wife and the gang, at an excellent pub called HORSE FEATHERS.....

after a great dinner, a walk to an ice cream store for the Granddaughters, and then back on the road again up here to Danbury....

250 miles in all, but a lot of fun and a good way to spend Fathers day weekend.....my Oldest was in Seaside Heights with his family, so, didn't get to see them....no fishing or lifting either.....but just a nice family and missus oriented time......

so-tex
06-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a you had a great weekend. Mine wasn't nearly exciting as yours was, but satisfying none of the less.