PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds used to deliver school lunches when I was a kid

crupiea
06-17-2012, 05:06 PM
It was once per week on Fridays and everyone looked forward to it including our parents because they didnt have to make a lunch.

You could just get hamburgers, fries and milk.

You would order it and pay a couple days ahead of time and on friday the McDonalds guy would show up with trays and trays of hamburgers and fries. Cool part was you could get as many as you had money for. I would get 4 burgers and fries and they said nothing about it. Of course we got milk to drink.

so-tex
06-17-2012, 05:23 PM
I see nothing wrong with that. It was probably the few times the kids in that era were treated to McDonalds.

pharmamarketer
06-17-2012, 05:29 PM
I see nothing wrong with that. It was probably the few times the kids in that era were treated to McDonalds.

Agreed. It was a different time. Now you would be dragged to the square, your nuts would be cut off and hung upside down for a good bleeding

Bando
06-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Agreed. It was a different time. Now you would be dragged to the square, your nuts would be cut off and hung upside down for a good bleeding

But would you get a commemorative plastic cup?

V-240
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I remember that. Usually a teacher or even the principal would make the burger run. It was only on Fridays, and not every Friday. It was McD's for us only after the local indy burger place we used to get it from a block from the school went away.

edit: It was burgers and fries only, no soft drinks. We got our subsidized milk for 12 cents per half pint, delivered by the local dairy, not from McD's.