PDA

View Full Version : For No Particular Reason - Deep Purple

eomrat
06-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Please note that the selection I chose is completely free of any stain of David ( I am a pompous jackass, douchebag, fake ass wanna be, clown who has spent the last 39 years wishing that I was man enough to lick the sweat off Ian Gillans nutsack) Coverdale.

g7n3ABzopHU&feature=related

SP1966
06-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Please note that the selection I chose is completely free of any stain of David ( I am a pompous jackass, douchebag, fake ass wanna be, clown who has spent the last 39 years wishing that I was man enough to lick the sweat off Ian Gillans nutsack) Coverdale.

lHBxlJMhh2g

He is all those things, he is also phenomenal in his own right. I love all eras of Purple, but Coverdale brought the blues which when mixed with Hughes funk was spectacular even in the shadow of MKII!

pE8fYd0FevI

Edit: changed the video the the studio version as I couldn't find a decent quality live version.

eomrat
06-17-2012, 12:12 AM
I will try to remain open minded about this but it will be a struggle. I think DP was lost post Gillan and the clip you posted makes me feel like Coverdale (or someone) was listening to a little too much Uriah Heep.

SP1966
06-17-2012, 12:15 AM
I will try to remain open minded about this but it will be a struggle. I think DP was lost post Gillan and the clip you posted makes me feel like Coverdale (or someone) was listening to a little too much Uriah Heep.

The beauty of Purple was that they didn't try to remain the same throughout the lineup changes. MKI and MKII couldn't be more different, same for MKII and MKIII. The only one I turn my nose up at is whatever MK it was when Joe Lynn Turner showed up, it was time to call it a day, just prior.

You have to enjoy each for what they were individually. We all tend to get caught up in the original which ironically for Purple didn't include Gillan.

eomrat
06-17-2012, 12:21 AM
The beauty of Purple was that they didn't try to remain the same throughout the lineup changes. MKI and MKII couldn't be more different, same for MKII and MKIII. The only one I turn my nose up at is whatever MK it was when Joe Lynn Turner showed up, it was time to call it a day, just prior.

You have to enjoy each for what they were individually. We all tend to get caught up in the original which ironically for Purple didn't include Gillan.

Granted.

But are you feeling the Uriah Heep in the clip you posted?

SP1966
06-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Granted.

But are you feeling the Uriah Heep in the clip you posted?

I changed the video to the studio version, its a great song, but that live version sucked. And no, I don't hear Heep in it, more the other way around in my mind, and more because of the similarity of the organ sound.

h-sIKX227Yk

I love this song, and yet no way does it fit the Purple mold but still great!

eomrat
06-17-2012, 12:29 AM
no, I don't hear Heep in it, more the other way around in my mind, and more because of the similarity of the organ sound.

I can see that.

robosphere
06-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Jon Lord 4ever

flairon
06-17-2012, 06:48 AM
I like Deep Purple. I liked their little resurgence in the 80s
gZ_kez7WVUU

G7GERh0sQzY&