PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Way To Tell You're Old

Marius_Ursus
06-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Sitting at Burger King last night...eating a salad as I mentioned in another thread...having fun with my wife and youngest kid...

It's a small town, so the place is clean, and the staff actually brings the food out to your table, so you don't have to stand there like a mook and wait for it. I mention this only to set up that they actually pipe in music to listen to while you're eating.

So I'm sitting there eating a chunk of grilled chicken, and the Ramones starts playing.

I look up at my wife and say, "I'm getting old. They're playing punk in BK."

Then they played Ozzy.

Nice to hear the music of my youth, but the fact that now it's being used as muzak once was...well...damn.

-=FLEX=-
06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
That happened to me last year in a store they had a muzak version of "Killing Moon" by Echo and The Bunnymen. I said to Lisa, "do I ever feel old as hell right now".

bodyhard
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Glad that sh! will never happen to me,,,

<----This boy is never gonna get old.

Sami76
06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
What's next? Metallica as elevator music? Oh well, at least our generation can enjoy the music.

Marius_Ursus
06-15-2012, 11:58 AM

Some day you're going to be standing on an elevator, and you're going to hear a song that sounds familiar to you...then it will dawn on you.

They're playing KRS-One.

Brackneyc
06-15-2012, 11:59 AM

Only because you know Edward. :D

bodyhard
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Some day you're going to be standing on an elevator, and you're going to hear a song that sounds familiar to you...then it will dawn on you.

They're playing KRS-One.

The day that sh!t happens I would be shocked :) Straight up hip hop is not elevator music.

I can just imagine a mom and her daughter in the elevator and The words, "To the wall to the wall till the sweat drips down my balls" :D :D

mixbwoy
06-15-2012, 12:05 PM
The day that sh!t happens I would be shocked :) Straight up hip hop is not elevator music.

This.

But I would love to hear Sound of da Police while waiting to go to the 9th floor.

Marius_Ursus
06-15-2012, 12:16 PM

I can just imagine a mom and her daughter in the elevator and The words, "To the wall to the wall till the sweat drips down my balls" :D :D

That's just it, man. It wasn't the muzak versions of the songs. It was being used as muzak used to be used. That stuff used to be shocking, but I guess now it's just run of the mill...just like "Blade" will be some day.

crupiea
06-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I know how you feel. i headr a black sabbath muzak song on my last trip to vegas.

bodyhard
06-15-2012, 12:56 PM
That's just it, man. It wasn't the muzak versions of the songs. It was being used as muzak used to be used. That stuff used to be shocking, but I guess now it's just run of the mill...just like "Blade" will be some day.

Dude what the f'ck is Muzak?

Also Blade??

Marius_Ursus
06-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Dude what the f'ck is Muzak?

Also Blade??

"Blade" is the song KRS One did on the soundtrack for the movie, Blade.

I think you'd like it.