PDA

View Full Version : Way too hung over to be at work right now

frozensparky
06-15-2012, 07:44 AM
OMG, friends threw a BBQ for myself and my girlfriend last night to celebrate our very first competition. Girlfriend won short fitness and overall fitness and is heading to provincials in 3 weeks, I had a pretty good showing although I didn't qualify I thought it was pretty good for my first show (need to bulk up a bit more for next year. I wanted to make the BBQ a bit more special so I gave my girlfriend a ring and asked her to marry me (she did say yes). Anyways I polished off a bottle of spiced rum and a case of rootbeer both of which I haven't had any of in months and now I am sitting at my desk wanting to die. Oh well, last day and then we fly out to Cancun for a week where I'm sure I will have many more hangovers.

DubfromGA
06-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Well done!

Great reason to celebrate.

paolo59
06-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Congratulations on your engagement! A bottle of spiced rum, eh? LMAO Enjoy your time in Cancun. Be careful with those mojitos! Ha ha They can sneak up on you! :)

SasaAndWendy
06-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Congratulations! Gatorade and grease might help a hangover, or so I hear ;)

mixbwoy
06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
You should have used a sick day.

frozensparky
06-15-2012, 07:57 AM
You should have used a sick day.

I actually only use sick days when I'm feeling great. I'd rather suffer through a day at work sick and take the time off when the suns shining and I can do something.

eomrat
06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
You drank an entire case of Rootbeer????

mixbwoy
06-15-2012, 08:00 AM
I actually only use sick days when I'm feeling great. I'd rather suffer through a day at work sick and take the time off when the suns shining and I can do something.

HAHA, I usually do also, since I don't actually get sick often. But hangover days, I feel worse than being sick.

frozensparky
06-15-2012, 08:06 AM
You drank an entire case of Rootbeer????

Ya its my favorite mix with spiced rum or cheap whiskey. The expensive stuff I just go straight.

Brackneyc
06-15-2012, 08:06 AM
How about a nice greasy porkchop served in a dirty ashtray. :D

frozensparky
06-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Here is a few pics of the GF.

SasaAndWendy
06-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Here is a few pics of the GF.

Ahem, fiancé now. :)

Very pretty fiancé, btw.

StressMonkey
06-15-2012, 08:29 AM

So when you're most contagious you're around a lot of innocent people at the office who could get it. Great.

DubfromGA
06-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Well done. Great looking fiancée & fun times ahead.

FWIW, the root beer alone would make me feel worse than the spiced rum.

frozensparky
06-15-2012, 08:52 AM
So when you're most contagious you're around a lot of innocent people at the office who could get it. Great.

I'm lucky I have a job where I'm both an office and field guy. When I'm sick I usually head out to the field where it's just me. I'm a dick, just not that much of a dick.

StressMonkey
06-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm lucky I have a job where I'm both an office and field guy. When I'm sick I usually head out to the field where it's just me. I'm a dick, just not that much of a dick.

Thank you for doing that. Sorry to unload on you but that's still a sore subject for me. I was working in the office with a compromised immune system (thanks to chemo) not long ago.

frozensparky
06-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Thank you for doing that. Sorry to unload on you but that's still a sore subject for me. I was working in the office with a compromised immune system (thanks to chemo) not long ago.

Didn't think you were unloading on me lol. It's a valid point, like I say I'm lucky with my job

latebloomingmom
06-15-2012, 10:31 AM
congratulations on your upcoming marriage:)

Gary89
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Back when I occasionally drank enough to get a hangover, the doc on the boat recommended this - set a Mountain Dew and 2 aspirin next to the bunk, set an alarm for 2 hours from now, go to sleep, when alarm rings take the aspirin with the Dew, reset alarm so as to not be late for "work".

Every time I practiced this, no hang over.

Congratulations on the engagement!

frozensparky
06-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Back when I occasionally drank enough to get a hangover, the doc on the boat recommended this - set a Mountain Dew and 2 aspirin next to the bunk, set an alarm for 2 hours from now, go to sleep, when alarm rings take the aspirin with the Dew, reset alarm so as to not be late for "work".

Every time I practiced this, no hang over.

Congratulations on the engagement!

I will have to try that for sure. Thanks everyone for the kind words, thats why I like the O35ers seems to be a way friendlier crowd