PDA

View Full Version : I had a realization today

chodan9
06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
My wife has type 2 diabetes that she treats with diet and meds.
a few years ago my older cat "Rusty" got diabetes so we started him on insulin.
today I took my younger cat "Sasha" to the vet because she was not feeling well and losing a lot of weight.
She now also has diabetes.
here is the realization.
the only common denominator for all of them is me.
I think I am just too sweet and am causing those around me to contract diabetes ;)

I told my wife that but I don't think she is buying it.

djflex
06-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Lolz

Whatanejit
06-14-2012, 06:31 PM
If it makes you feel better just you keep on thinking that :)

gray73
06-14-2012, 06:31 PM
My wife has type 2 diabetes that she treats with diet and meds.
a few years ago my older cat "Rusty" got diabetes so we started him on insulin.
today I took my younger cat "Sasha" to the vet because she was not feeling well and losing a lot of weight.
She now also has diabetes.
here is the realization.
the only common denominator for all of them is me.
I think I am just too sweet and am causing those around me to contract diabetes ;)

I told my wife that but I don't think she is buying it.
My wife is also diabetic and I have said the same thing. LOL!

chodan9
06-14-2012, 06:37 PM
kinda weird though having 2 diabetic cats, but at least its something treatable that we know how to treat for our other cat.

Forge3
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Lol you silly rabbit.

Whatanejit
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
It is weird. Are they insured? It must be costly keeping them.

chodan9
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
It is weird. Are they insured? It must be costly keeping them.
nope
insulin is kind of high, the lantus that we use costs 135 bucks but lasts quite a while.
I guess it wont last quite so long now.
the vet visit for something like this is a few hundred bucks.
nothing out of the way financially but if we were strapped for cash like some families I don't know.
In this area pet insurance isn't something generally considered, but I am beginning to think its a good idea. Especially as they age.
Doubt I could get affordable insurance now since they both have pre-existing conditions now.

Whatanejit
06-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, I think you have missed the boat. Given your track record I'd insure the next one if I were you :)

I've insured all of my animals and I've well and truly got my monies worth and some.

One of my horses' bill is up to $4,500.00 at the moment and we havn't finished yet :eek:

The insurance company is winning at the moment with Basil, the new dog but I'm sure I'll get my money back at some point :)

Brackneyc
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I am the only diabetic in my family. Not sure what it means, but on a scale of 1-10 of sweetness, I am at -5...

Bloomberg will only make me available in medium now. :D

dbx
06-14-2012, 07:06 PM
This is obvious animal abuse. You are either feeding them too much, causing them to be obese and more prone to this disease, and/or.... you are letting them drink sugary drinks in massive quantities, causing this condition.

Consider yourself reported to the government. They will solve this problem with swift legislation and law enactment.

:)

GuyJin
06-14-2012, 07:14 PM
This is obvious animal abuse. You are either feeding them too much, causing them to be obese and more prone to this disease, and/or.... you are letting them drink sugary drinks in massive quantities, causing this condition.

Consider yourself reported to the government. They will solve this problem with swift legislation and law enactment.
:)

---

This would be true only if he lived in New York....

:D

SP1966
06-14-2012, 07:18 PM
---

New York this month. But its only a matter of time before California gets irritated at them easterners usurping their nanny leadership role!

dbx
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
---

You, my friend, are a quick one! :cool:

GuyJin
06-14-2012, 07:31 PM
You, my friend, are a quick one! :cool:

---

Carpe diem, Kevin, carpe diem....:)

dbx
06-14-2012, 07:33 PM
---

Carpe diem, Kevin, carpe diem....:)

Wut did you call me? :confused: :mad:

SP1966
06-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Wut did you call me? :confused: :mad:

http://www.macalester.edu/environmentalstudies/threerivers/studentprojects/envi_133_spr_08/invasive_species/Invasive%20Pictures/carp_two.jpg

dbx
06-14-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.macalester.edu/environmentalstudies/threerivers/studentprojects/envi_133_spr_08/invasive_species/Invasive%20Pictures/carp_two.jpg

That's exactly what I thought! :mad: :mad:!

But, tempus fugit, and I've gotta work tomorrow...........

GuyJin
06-14-2012, 07:44 PM
That's exactly what I thought! :mad: :mad:!

But, tempus fugit, and I've gotta work tomorrow...........

---

I don't like fugu and won't post pics!

Oh, wait, wrong thread....

ChloeRobinson
06-15-2012, 12:05 PM
nope
insulin is kind of high, the lantus that we use costs 135 bucks but lasts quite a while.
I guess it wont last quite so long now.
the vet visit for something like this is a few hundred bucks.
nothing out of the way financially but if we were strapped for cash like some families I don't know.
In this area pet insurance isn't something generally considered, but I am beginning to think its a good idea. Especially as they age.
Doubt I could get affordable insurance now since they both have pre-existing conditions now.

I saw something on Groupon for some sort of pet insurance deal, I think it was $39 for the year?

chodan9
06-15-2012, 02:54 PM

nah man
I told those cats no sodas after 6 pm

but if they don't listen its not on me!!!

DocHoss
06-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Now if you were in France or the UK or even Canada the guv'ment would pay for your medical bills :D

j/k - I don't think animal family members are covered....