PDA

View Full Version : Question about cutting/creatine/glycogen

musclemermao
06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
So i started my cutting today, and im planning to stay on creatine during it because i think it helps, but here is the question:

im going to use 200-250g carbs a day for the first few weeks, nothing special about the choice. Just like my last fail-cutting im going to be water/glycogen depleted probably, even with 200g carbs. So there is a conection between creatine stores and glycogen? CAuse i wont waste my creatine for like 3-4 months

uvawahoowa
06-14-2012, 11:17 AM
So i started my cutting today, and im planning to stay on creatine during it because i think it helps, but here is the question:

im going to use 200-250g carbs a day for the first few weeks, nothing special about the choice. Just like my last fail-cutting im going to be water/glycogen depleted probably, even with 200g carbs. So there is a conection between creatine stores and glycogen? CAuse i wont waste my creatine for like 3-4 months

Why in the world would you be water depleted??? You almost certainly won't be glycogen depleted when eating at more than 1g/lb bodyweight. Is this a joke?

k9pit
06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
You seem pretty serious about the question so I'm not gonna rip on you.

Unless your lifestyle is very physically demanding, I think it's a non-issue. With 200-250g of Carbs you should be okay and don't believe you'll ever actually go glycogen depleted, let alone water depleted. Just drink more water, lol.

Nothing wrong with quality creatine while on a cut. I find it most efficient and satisfying to eat the bulk of my carbs in the first meal of my day, and the first meal after lifting. Again, unless your lifestyle is very physically demanding that strategy should cover your glycogen concerns as well.

If you're still interested between any links regarding creatine and glycogen, just google "ATP Creatine and Glycogen"

musclemermao
06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Why in the world would you be water depleted??? You almost certainly won't be glycogen depleted when eating at more than 1g/lb bodyweight. Is this a joke?

Not a joke. water depleted i meant flat btw, not dehydrated

Actually my concern was about the lower carbs days im going to do in the next few weeks and others strategies, i dont even know why i said that rly lol.

Right k9pit.. So i wont be wasting my creatine in the future glycogen depleted weeks? i just want know that :P. Lui marco said something about creatine on cutting and glycogen and it stills in my mind. Would be a waste because this depleted state, something like that.. these bros talk s*** sometimes but who knows

i will do this search today, biology isnt my thing you know lol

thank you both