PDA

View Full Version : Am I on the right track losing last 5 lbs as an ectomorph?

bdecomar
06-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Hey everyone,

For a few months I've been leaning down going for the ripped look. I have lost a good amount of fat but now I'm down to the last 5-7 lbs that are around my lower stomach, love handles, and back.

Before anyone says "read articles on here to learn how to lose the fat," please know that I've read a ton of articles and posts on here about the subject and I've learned that if I read 100 articles, I get a 100 different opinions. Any specific advice or just approval of my strategy would be appreciated if you feel it's a good plan especially coming from someone that was in the same situation but broke through the plateau. Here's a bit about me:

My body type is the skinny fat guy. My arms and legs are very ripped but any and all weight go to my midsection. People are surprised I don't have a ridiculous 6 pack when I lift up my shirt.

My diet has been high protein (250 g/day) low carb (under 50/day) and moderate to low fats (60 g/day) for about 2 months. Now, I'm carb cycling where I do

Sunday - 100 g carbs, moderate fat, bi's/tri's, 20 min cardio

Monday - 200 g carbs, little to no fat, back workout

Tuesday - 50 g carbs, high fat, abs workout, 20 min cardio

wednesday - 50 g carbs, high fat, off day with 30 min cardio

Thursday - 100 g carbs, moderate fat, Shoulders/ Chest workout

Friday - 200 g carbs, little to no fat, Legs

Saturday - 50 g carbs, high fat, cardio or off

*(carbs are brown rice, oatmeal, tag along carbs from whey, veggies, fruit (only post workout),and non fat milk(only post workout),

**Also, everyday, I try and do a 20 min brisk walk or elliptical before breakfast.

*** Total calories are around 2100

My stack:

Body Fortress Whey Isolate

Fish Oil

CLA

Men's Multivitamin

ON Creatine post workout

C4 pre workout

BCAA's pre and post workout

I was taking Tribulus and ZMA for about 6 weeks, but am off now. I feel like my Testosterone is pretty low right now. I haven't felt horny in a while and have been feeling tired and cranky but I've been stressed lately so I'm thinking that could be the reason. (Also doesn't help fat loss)

I ordered applied nutriceuticals igf-2 and plan on taking that as well to burn the extra fat and increase muscle.

Thank you for reading my life story. Here are my questions:

1) Should I cycle off CLA? I've been taking it for about 8 weeks.
2) Would taking tribulus and ZMA IN ADDITION to IGF-2 be worthwhile or a waste?
3) What do you think about my diet and stack?

gticknor
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
The problem is you are estimating what you are eating. Statements like "around 2100 calories", "high fat" or "little to no fat" don't work. If you truly only do have 5lbs to lose to be 10% bf, you are going to have to do a lot better than estimates. You will need to know to the gram, and the calorie what you are consuming.

ScSc0rP
06-14-2012, 08:41 AM
cycle off cla? lol? just stay in a calorie deficit and the weight comes off, not all that compicated

beckistar
06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
The problem is you are estimating what you are eating. Statements like "around 2100 calories", "high fat" or "little to no fat" don't work. If you truly only do have 5lbs to lose to be 10% bf, you are going to have to do a lot better than estimates. You will need to know to the gram, and the calorie what you are consuming.

I agree 100%. There's no room for estimations when you've got such a small amount left to lose.

bdecomar
06-14-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree 100%. There's no room for estimations when you've got such a small amount left to lose.

Ok calories range from 1950 - 2100. Low fat days = 20g moderate fat days = 50 g high fat = 70 g