PDA

View Full Version : Leaning out my son's cat a little...

beachguy498
06-13-2012, 09:16 AM
My son comes home with a cat that he adopted from some people that were moving and couldn't take the cat. A pretty cat, 4 years old, sort of a white/striped/calico mix. Anyway, the cat was pretty chubby and also an indoor cat which means she doesn't get enough exercise.

I don't know what she was eating in the other house, which also had other cats, but it was probably too much. She now gets a 1/2 can of wet food in the morning and a bowl of dry food to get her through the day. We also brush her frequently and now she looks shinier and slimmer. I'll post up some pix of her soon.

Rob

SP1966
06-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Teach her to fly!!

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01521/CAT-532_1521652a.jpg

;)

Frnkd
06-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Teach her to fly!!

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01521/CAT-532_1521652a.jpg

;)

ROFL :D
Where do you come up with these?

another Caturday spill over.

:D

broad.stance
06-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Go to the vet for a checkup and request a diet and feeding schedule so you won't underfeed the cat.

As for exercise, you can take her out for short walks. Look up information for how to leash-train a cat - it is often necessary to walk high-energy cats so they don't destroy things while you're gone, but it's also good for kitty weight loss.

bodyhard
06-13-2012, 11:38 AM
My son comes home with a cat that he adopted from some people that were moving and couldn't take the cat. A pretty cat, 4 years old, sort of a white/striped/calico mix. Anyway, the cat was pretty chubby and also an indoor cat which means she doesn't get enough exercise.

I don't know what she was eating in the other house, which also had other cats, but it was probably too much. She now gets a 1/2 can of wet food in the morning and a bowl of dry food to get her through the day. We also brush her frequently and now she looks shinier and slimmer. I'll post up some pix of her soon.

Rob

The cats I normally find I keep them fat, otherwise TyRoc would have less meat to eat.

Oceanside
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
The cats I normally find I keep them fat, otherwise TyRoc would have less meat to eat.

y. u. sumbich !

mtpockets
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Teach her to fly!!

It's summer. Teach it to swim, a wet pussy is a happy pussy.

beachguy498
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Go to the vet for a checkup and request a diet and feeding schedule so you won't underfeed the cat.

As for exercise, you can take her out for short walks. Look up information for how to leash-train a cat - it is often necessary to walk high-energy cats so they don't destroy things while you're gone, but it's also good for kitty weight loss.

The cat just came from the vet before we got here, got all the records for her too. She's by no means underfed, always has some dry food left over from the day before. Which gets chucked out. She gets a few treats now and then.... mostly in the morning to shut her up until my son gets up.

We were just talking about getting her a suitable collar and leash so she can go outside with us. Inside, few problems so far.

Had to laugh a couple weeks back. When my wife comes down for work and is wearing dark pants, she leaves them over a dining room chair and puts them on at the last second before leaving... so they won't have cat hair on them. The front bell rings... the guy was there to turn on the lawn sprinklers. My wife lets him in and he goes to the basement... then she realizes her pants are on the chair! Good one...

Rob

beachguy498
06-13-2012, 12:24 PM

Good luck.. that would be the hairball from hell... She does get lost when we get a delivery of Chinese food for some reason. Figure she's worth a few less egg rolls lately.

Rob

cowboybiker
06-13-2012, 01:02 PM
The cats I normally find I keep them fat, otherwise TyRoc would have less meat to eat.http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/jonfizel/Meme/7dc009bb.gif