PDA

View Full Version : Probably the most famous child death

pvsampson
06-12-2012, 03:38 AM
This story is most likely the most discussed in this country over the years.

http://www.news.com.au/national/dingo-took-azaria-coroner-finds/story-e6frfkvr-1226392715293

Lindy Chamberlain was just interviewed on a national current affairs program.It will probably be available soon,but it was riveting.

The debate on whether she is innocent or not is now officially moot,but will not stop people verbalizing their view on the subject.

FWIW,we have a dingo problem on the property where I live.They have been to the house yard and growled at us before I have chased them away.I see them regularly and am always watching when my girls are in the yard.They are a dangerous animal,and there has been deaths of children,and attacks causing injury,since the incident that made headlines 32 yrs ago.The Aboriginal peoples have been talking about attacks for thousands of years.

beachguy498
06-12-2012, 05:14 AM
"The dingo ate my baby..", a standard line around my house when one of my kids was out of sight for a few seconds.

Rob

flairon
06-12-2012, 05:17 AM
i remember seeing a really badly made movie about this

beachguy498
06-12-2012, 07:09 AM
i remember seeing a really badly made movie about this

It was bad... we all expected to see the dog eat the baby... big disappoint. Like Ice Road Truckers where a truck doesn't fall thru the ice...

Rob

StressMonkey
06-12-2012, 07:31 AM
"was convicted in 1982 and sentenced to life in prison with hard labor. She was released in 1986 after evidence was found that backed up her version of events: the baby's jacket, found near a dingo den, which helped explain the condition of the rest of the baby's clothing."

That is just unbelievably awful. First your child dies and then you go to prison being blamed for it when your claims of innocence fall on deaf ears. I cannot imagine.

itsagoodday
06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
That is just unbelievably awful. First your child dies and then you go to prison being blamed for it when your claims of innocence fall on deaf ears. I cannot imagine.

^^^ This. It's very sad.

I don't understand how people could ever think a wild animal would be incapable of something like this. Uh, it's a wild animal. I wouldn't trust a squirrel around a 2 month old baby, much less some large type of carnivore.

2nd_chance
06-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Resisting strong urge to post Seinfeld clip...

Sad story

crupiea
06-12-2012, 09:29 AM
ghCTZF61ey0

flairon
06-12-2012, 09:54 AM
^^^ This. It's very sad.

I don't understand how people could ever think a wild animal would be incapable of something like this. Uh, it's a wild animal. I wouldn't trust a squirrel around a 2 month old baby, much less some large type of carnivore.

True, but at the same time, many people have a hard time believe a mother would kill her children..yet it happens all the time.

StressMonkey
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Resisting strong urge to post Seinfeld clip...

Sad story

Back in the day I had no idea what they were referencing when I saw that episode.

paolo59
06-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Interesting news 'tidbit.' I would never have known of the situation in Australia had it not been for the movie made. Was it Merril Streepe who played the part of the mother? I don't remember well. I could be 'all wet' on that one. I would think that a 'dingo,' or any other wild dog could do some damage. How many old lady's have been mauled by pit bulls over the years? It is interesting to me that the whole situation had Australia split down the middle, so to speak, as far as folks' perceptions.