PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron loses, is he considered a worse failure than the Buffalo Bills?

ajn
06-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Discuss

GooBaaa
06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
hey man

Bills Fans > Heat Fans

ImJJames
06-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Nah, he will get atleast one ring sooner or later.

jimbogr
06-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Nah, he will get atleast one ring sooner or later.

Vince Young will lead the bulls to the superbowl

mark my words

StanDarsh
06-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I never understood the logic that losing in the championship round is considered "failing". Given that only one team can win, I guess that makes for a whole lot of failures each year.

GooBaaa
06-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Vince Young will lead the bulls to the superbowl

mark my words

Bulls?

StanDarsh
06-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Bulls?

You live in Buffalo and you've never heard of the Buffalo Bulls? Serious?

Lionology
06-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Thunder in 5

ajn
06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
I never understood the logic that losing in the championship round is considered "failing". Given that only one team can win, I guess that makes for a whole lot of failures each year.
It's considered a failure when a team is expected to win but doesn't. Just about everyone expected the Heat to have at least 1 championship, if not 2, by the end of Lebron's second season there.

GooBaaa
06-11-2012, 07:00 PM
You live in Buffalo and you've never heard of the Buffalo Bulls? Serious?

UB is College, unless I missed the joke

J2BDifferent
06-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't think it gets much worse then losing 4 superbowls in a row. I feel bad for the fans who had to witness that

StanDarsh
06-11-2012, 07:05 PM
It's considered a failure when a team is expected to win but doesn't. Just about everyone expected the Heat to have at least 1 championship, if not 2, by the end of Lebron's second season there.

So maybe people had unrealistic expectations. I'm not sure that necessarily makes him a failure just because he didn't live up to your expectations.

problemz
06-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Not sure how 4 = 2..but this is sports misc

ClevageGobbler
06-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Jerry West lost 9 times in the NBA Finals before he earned a ring.

CurryTech777
06-11-2012, 07:24 PM
no1 on the misc understands what you mean OP. 99x are bandwagon trolls. If they honestly believe eli manning is elite then you can bet they don't know jim jelly. Arguably the better passer than elway, he never could get past the broncos juggernaut and win a ring. As for the question, yes, lebron will be a bigger failure because he lost to a variety of teams not one juggernaut team packed with hall of famers.

ajn
06-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Not sure how 4 = 2..but this is sports misc
4=4.. Lebron had the #1 team in the NBA and home court advantage for his last two years in Cleveland. He didn't even make the Finals either year.

StanDarsh
06-11-2012, 07:28 PM
4=4.. Lebron had the #1 team in the NBA and home court advantage for his last two years in Cleveland. He didn't even make the Finals either year.

Lebron had the #1 team? LOL wut?

ajn
06-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Lebron had the #1 team? LOL wut?
Umm yes? Since you clearly just started watching basketball in 2010, here's some "ancient history" for you..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html

Brb win almost 70 games, lose in conference finals. Brb win 61 games, lose in second round.

jimbogr
06-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Umm yes? Since you clearly just started watching basketball in 2010, here's some "ancient history" for you..

Brb win almost 70 games, lose in conference finals. Brb win 61 games, lose in second round.

This is why people thought it was possible for the Heat to go 72-10

AirCanada
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
So maybe people had unrealistic expectations. I'm not sure that necessarily makes him a failure just because he didn't live up to your expectations.

pT-I8jQDQ7c

"It's going to be easy."

jimbogr
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
pT-I8jQDQ7c

"It's going to be easy."

lol at quoting someone from a pep rally, he's trying to pump up the crowd not pander to random people in canada

SRSmiscerIZsrs
06-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I cant wait for him to fail this year.

AirCanada
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
lol at quoting someone from a pep rally, he's trying to pump up the crowd not pander to random people in canada

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

It's nothing new. He promises championships every year and never delivers. I don't know why people were expecting any different.

Gator286
06-11-2012, 08:56 PM
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

It's nothing new. He promises championships every year and never delivers. I don't know why people were expecting any different.

well next time you have a chance to promise a title, you can show him how it's done

AirCanada
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
well next time you have a chance to promise a title, you can show him how it's done

Maybe after I fail after the first promise, I don't promise 8 championships and claim it'll be easy without playing a single game with my team?

grizz101
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
no. losing 4 SB's in a row is about as painful as it gets

problemz
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Thank you for bringing the Cavs up. Now we are comparing The Cavs to the Bills? You're seriously going there? You're really going to compare an NFL team with multiple HOFers to an NBA team with ONE I repeat ONE HOF player (don't you fukin even bring up Shaq).

Now if the Heat lose this year and continue to do well in the regular season and make the finals over and over. Then yes make this thread again.

Until then get off LBJs nuts.

StanDarsh
06-11-2012, 09:27 PM

Look at those rosters. Here's some ancient history for you. Just because you have the best record during the regular season doesn't mean you're the best team. If anything, you could say the Cavaliers were overachieving as it was.

duece49
06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
no1 on the misc understands what you mean OP. 99x are bandwagon trolls. If they honestly believe eli manning is elite then you can bet they don't know jim jelly. Arguably the better passer than elway, he never could get past the broncos juggernaut and win a ring. As for the question, yes, lebron will be a bigger failure because he lost to a variety of teams not one juggernaut team packed with hall of famers.

Broncos? you do know that the broncos didn't win a championship in any of those seasons.

jimbogr
06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Maybe after I fail after the first promise, I don't promise 8 championships and claim it'll be easy without playing a single game with my team?

He didn't promise the second time. It's a pep rally, I don't know what you don't understand about that. Have you never been to one? We still did our pep rally at Texas during our 2010 season and I didn't complain about us not actually beating A&M or doing well at all. It's just to get people pumped.

And how can you blame Lebron for leaving when the Cavs wouldn't trade JJ Hickson for Amare (later not even starting him and then trading him for Omri Caspi/1st round pick). The best they could do was make Lebron a Family Guy cartoon while Miami offered Bosh/Wade. You'd have to be a moron to keep your "promise" in that case.

sydneyalysse
06-11-2012, 09:44 PM
he just becomes te greatest eagle of all time

LittleLexodus
06-11-2012, 09:49 PM
no. losing 4 SB's in a row is about as painful as it gets

What about 2 world series in a row?

Second world series you have two chances to win the series in Game 6 with 2 outs/2 strikes.

AirCanada
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
He didn't promise the second time. It's a pep rally, I don't know what you don't understand about that. Have you never been to one? We still did our pep rally at Texas during our 2010 season and I didn't complain about us not actually beating A&M or doing well at all. It's just to get people pumped.

And how can you blame Lebron for leaving when the Cavs wouldn't trade JJ Hickson for Amare (later not even starting him and then trading him for Omri Caspi/1st round pick). The best they could do was make Lebron a Family Guy cartoon while Miami offered Bosh/Wade. You'd have to be a moron to keep your "promise" in that case.

If you can't think of a way to pep up people without saying you're going to win 8 championships, you're an idiot. But it's not even the 8 championship part that annoys me. It's the "It's going to be easy" comment. Saying that is an insult to every single player who worked their ass off to get a championship, and even worse, every legend and hall of famer that worked their ass off and never got one. That's the main reason I want him to retire ringless (maybe a little extreme, but at least go through a few years of hardship before winning one), so he understands just how "easy" it is.

jimbogr
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
If you can't think of a way to pep up people without saying you're going to win 8 championships, you're an idiot. But it's not even the 8 championship part that annoys me. It's the "It's going to be easy" comment. Saying that is an insult to every single player who worked their ass off to get a championship, and even worse, every legend and hall of famer that worked their ass off and never got one. That's the main reason I want him to retire ringless (maybe a little extreme, but at least go through a few years of hardship before winning one), so he understands just how "easy" it is.

The point is, it doesn't matter what you think about what he says. You're not a Heat fan, those comments were directed at Heat fans only. They weren't meant to be taken at face value like you drama queens like to do.

In conclusion

http://i.imgur.com/yLTPH.jpg

SmokinOnDatGas
06-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you for bringing the Cavs up. Now we are comparing The Cavs to the Bills? You're seriously going there? You're really going to compare an NFL team with multiple HOFers to an NBA team with ONE I repeat ONE HOF player (don't you fukin even bring up Shaq).

Now if the Heat lose this year and continue to do well in the regular season and make the finals over and over. Then yes make this thread again.

Until then get off LBJs nuts.

Damon Jones wasnt that good bro

AirCanada
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
The point is, it doesn't matter what you think about what he says. You're not a Heat fan, those comments were directed at Heat fans only. They weren't meant to be taken at face value like you drama queens like to do.

In conclusion

http://i.imgur.com/yLTPH.jpg

Yes, they didn't notice any of the ESPN cameras covering that event.

In conclusion

http://i.qkme.me/36b2tw.jpg

jimbogr
06-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes, they didn't notice any of the ESPN cameras covering that event.

In conclusion

So? My school's pep rally was covered by ESPN cameras (Longhorn Network) and I'm not being a little bitch about us not going to a BCS bowl.

Haters gonna hate. That's all there is to it.

dtbrehm
06-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Not sure if the Bills were favorites all those years, but the Heat definitely aren't this year.

yungbreezy
06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
It's not so much his losing that makes him a failure, it's the sh*tty performances he's put up in the Finals.

spirit3530
06-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Lebron is 28 years old

LostOne287
06-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Lebron is 28 years old

http://i.imgur.com/Ms7h9.jpg

yungbreezy
06-12-2012, 12:17 AM

This. Not to mention he won't be dominating in his 30's like MJ and Kobe. He relies to heavily on his athleticism.

jimbogr
06-12-2012, 12:45 AM

Lebron: 1 finals appearance without a legit 2nd option
Jordan: 1 playoffs win before Scottie Pippen

truth

yungbreezy
06-12-2012, 12:49 AM

truth

Lets not try to compare the Eastern Conference of Jordan's era to the Leastern Conference of modern day NBA.

sydneyalysse
06-12-2012, 12:57 AM

truth
rofl this.

jimbogr
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Lets not try to compare the Eastern Conference of Jordan's era to the Leastern Conference of modern day NBA.

Son, if we were talking about the difference between 1 series or even a couple of games I'd take your point seriously. But Jordan got a single win against the 1984-1985 Bucks. That's it.

The GOAT should have been able to get a high enough seed to make it out of the first round tbh.