PDA

View Full Version : nutritionists say most people should drink milk yet

T150
06-10-2012, 03:12 PM
most people in the world are lactose intolerance.

Someone pls square this circle.

dirtyram
06-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Lactose free milk

WonderPug
06-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Milk is for babies.

Icicle
06-10-2012, 03:16 PM
It's mainly to fulfill calcium and vitamin D requirement and because of it's great source of protein. But you can get those from other foods

But it's not necessary

texicus
06-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Milk is for babies.

x2

Notice humans are one of the few (the only?) animals on earth that drink milk after the first few years of life. Also we drink other animals milk.

WonderPug
06-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Notice humans are one of the few (the only?) animals on earth that drink milk after the first few years of life. Also we drink other animals milk.I was being mocking those who hold the silly belief that milk products should be avoided by adults.

T150
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I was being mocking those who hold the silly belief that milk products should be avoided by adults.

But you're both right, no? Since most of us lose the ability to adequately digest lactose after the frist 5-10 years of life.

I get the nutritional benefits of milk, I just don't understand why it's recommended to so many people, most of whom cannot digest it.

texicus
06-10-2012, 03:43 PM
But you're both right, no? Since most of us lose the ability to adequately digest lactose after the frist 5-10 years of life.

I get the nutritional benefits of milk, I just don't understand why it's recommended to so many people, most of whom cannot digest it.

Sorry for the misinterpretation Wonderpug. Where did you get that fact from T? Not trying to be an ass I've just never heard that we actually lose our ability to digest it.

graffiti36
06-10-2012, 03:44 PM

"The prevalence of primary lactose intolerance is estimated to be 7 to 20% for people of Caucasian descent, 65 to 75% for African descent, over 90% in some Asian populations and approximately 70% in Australian Aboriginal populations."

quoted from http://www.virtualmedicalcentre.com/diseases/lactose-intolerance/843#Statistics

There's a large number of americans who are lactose intolerant but most europeans are tolerant. Which means, that a considerable % of world population can fully take advantage of milk accessibility and nutritional value.
Why its recommended? Its a good addition , if possible, to any diet.

graffiti36
06-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Sorry for the misinterpretation Wonderpug. Where did you get that fact from T? Not trying to be an ass I've just never heard that we actually lose our ability to digest it.

Perhaps you should google it
Hold on, ive done it for you. Here you go (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lactose+intolerance+age)

adrenaline99
06-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Milk taste like Sh*t, therefore it should definitely be avoided.

XaLeX9
06-10-2012, 04:10 PM
nutritionists say most people should drink milk yet most people in the world are lactose intolerant.Nutritionists say all people in the world can eat cereals, but some people have a coeliac disease.

Ever heard of common sense?

Oh, by the way, I'm perfectly fine with human beings drinking milk. We also cook our foods: now, do lions cook their prey? I don't think so.