PDA

View Full Version : Go Heat!

drudixon
06-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Woot!

Don't hate...

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 08:08 PM
The fat lady is stepping up to the mic...

DubfromGA
06-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Heat found their game in the 4th.

Much respect to the Celts....great work ethic & super coach.

so-tex
06-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Much respect for the Heat. I just wish the Spurs would have made it :(.

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 08:19 PM
My team lost. As a Boston fan, I am disappointed. On the flip side, I can at least appreciate what the Heat win will do for my city. The Heat really brought it and their win was deserved.

MiamiSpartan
06-09-2012, 08:19 PM
If the Bulls can't be there, then Go Heat!

drudixon
06-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Much respect for the Heat. I just wish the Spurs would have made it :(.

Agreed. Was hoping to see some stellar play calling and ball movement. Now we get to watch westbrook run around like a chicken with his head cut off chucking the ball any which way. He reminds me so much of Iverson...

llahhsoj
06-09-2012, 08:24 PM
My team lost. As a Boston fan, I am disappointed. On the flip side, I can at least appreciate what the Heat win will do for my city. The Heat really brought it and their win was deserved.

Are you a Canes fan by any chance?

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 08:26 PM

No.

llahhsoj
06-09-2012, 08:30 PM
No.

NEGGED!

(Not Srs.) I've been a fan since around 85.

fitnessfreak20
06-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Hell ya my team made it to the finals again! have a feeling they might get beat by OKC tho strong team all young

dbx
06-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Hell ya my team made it to the finals again! have a feeling they might get beat by OKC tho strong team all young

Are you....a reincarnation? I'm thinking so....

And IF so, welcome back, Debbie

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 08:35 PM
NEGGED!

(Not Srs.) I've been a fan since around 85.

Lulz.

As an Alabama grad, there is only one team (the Tide) and one conference (the SEC) which matters. ;) :)

fitnessfreak20
06-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Are you....a reincarnation? I'm thinking so....

And IF so, welcome back, Debbie

Just now realizing I'm posting in the Age 35 section?? haha and no I'm not who the eff is Debbie

IronCharles
06-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Better to see the Heat in the finals than the Celtics. Now, when OKC wins, people will know it was legit, and not just them beating up on a bunch of old dudes in green. :D

flairon
06-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Just got back from some friends house watching it. Lebron is a beast. He has massive shoulders compared to just about everyone else on the court

MiamiSpartan
06-10-2012, 07:12 AM

I am, tho....they're my adopted college team behind the Spartans....

BillReilly
06-10-2012, 07:35 AM
The tattooed nitwits for Miami struggled to beat a collection of old men and we're supposed to pretend they are a great team. No thanks. LeeeeBong is Dominique Wilkins.

flairon
06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Does Bawston have a long time honored tradition of recruiting the goofiest/lanky whiteboys they can possibly find?

BillReilly
06-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Does Bawston have a long time honored tradition of recruiting the goofiest/lanky whiteboys they can possibly find?

You tell me?

I watched a team with a room temperature IQ beat a bunch of old guys last night. Barkley was right. The NBA is a bad product right now. When we are asked to pretend that Leebong is a great player, on the level of Magic, Bird and Jordan, there's no doubt he is right. Leebong would have been a bench player on the great Celtic or Laker teams of the 80's.

flairon
06-10-2012, 08:19 AM
You tell me?

I watched a team with a room temperature IQ beat a bunch of old guys last night. Barkley was right. The NBA is a bad product right now. When we are asked to pretend that Leebong is a great player, on the level of Magic, Bird and Jordan, there's no doubt he is right. Leebong would have been a bench player on the great Celtic or Laker teams of the 80's.

yeah..but this isn't the 80's.

and if you go actually look at the stats....yeah, he's pretty similar

BillReilly
06-10-2012, 08:26 AM
and if you go actually look at the stats....yeah, he's pretty similar

Yes, he is black and wears shorts to work. That's where the comparisons to Jordan and Magic end.

flairon
06-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes, he is black and wears shorts to work. That's where the comparisons to Jordan and Magic end.

Not really. James is practically equal to bird, almost equal to Jordan and just under Johnson in # of games played an FG %

But he is nowhere near the showman of johnson and jordan in my opinion. I don't know that anyone can match jordan just for pure # of poster shots he made per game. taking flight from the top of the key and just pure skill. Johnson was practically a basketball PR ambassador...and a damn good one. But when it comes down to hard numbers, he's just as skilled of a player.

BillReilly
06-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Not really. James is practically equal to bird, almost equal to Jordan and just under Johnson in # of games played an FG %

That's another way of saying he does not belong in the same conversation. You cannot compare stats as the game is totally different today. LeeBrong would have never got off the bench in the 80's simply because they did not permit traveling. He takes three steps to the hoop on almost every play. Even in the Jordan years only one guy was allowed to do that and it was Jordan.

Even for his era, James is not the greatest player. In the NBA, that's defined as carrying a team to a title. He cannot do it. He has said he cannot do it. He would be at home right now if not for the return of Chris Bosh and Joey Crawford's help in game two. James is a very good player, on the level of Patrick Ewing or Karl Malone or Charles Barkley. ESPN wants everyone to pretend otherwise because that's how they make their money.

flairon
06-10-2012, 09:03 AM
That's another way of saying he does not belong in the same conversation. You cannot compare stats as the game is totally different today. LeeBrong would have never got off the bench in the 80's simply because they did not permit traveling. He takes three steps to the hoop on almost every play. Even in the Jordan years only one guy was allowed to do that and it was Jordan.

Even for his era, James is not the greatest player. In the NBA, that's defined as carrying a team to a title. He cannot do it. He has said he cannot do it. He would be at home right now if not for the return of Chris Bosh and Joey Crawford's help in game two. James is a very good player, on the level of Patrick Ewing or Karl Malone or Charles Barkley. ESPN wants everyone to pretend otherwise because that's how they make their money.

You're right...you can't compare stats...because in their day jordan, bird and johnson didn't have the level of competition today. But when it comes right down to it...all bs'ing and fish stories aside...stats tell the story. Numbers don't lie.

Likely they wouldn't be the superstars they were if they had the players of today who are bigger, stronger and faster. Even the stars from a few years ago. Johnson was a big guy during his day, thats part of the reason he dominated. Would he have been so dominating if he faced a guy like Shaq for instance? Probably not. Would Jordan have been such a god on the court if he faced Kobe? debatable.

He has carried every team he has been on. People keep talking about how he has no rings....well no crap. I don't think god himself could get a ring if he was on a team like the cavaliers. one man can only do so much

Iceman1800
06-10-2012, 09:09 AM
I keep hearing a loud booming noise from the sky. Can you hear the Thunder? Yeah baby. OKC will hang the banner

tmonkey
06-10-2012, 09:22 AM
may neg everyone in this thread

<---------lives in cleveland :(

llahhsoj
06-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I keep hearing a loud booming noise from the sky. Can you hear the Thunder? Yeah baby. OKC will hang the banner

I kinda hear that myself. I really don't watch the NBA, but I was rooting against Lebron. He did well this series, but he has choked in the past when it really counts.

llahhsoj
06-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I am, tho....they're my adopted college team behind the Spartans....

Ehh, that will work. I lived out in Hollywood for a couple of years, but I didn't adopt the Trojans. I think the Canes will be good again because of Golden, but I think they are going to suck this year. Too many true-freshman will have to make a big impact, like Sammy Watkins did last year.

BillReilly
06-10-2012, 09:42 AM
You're right...you can't compare stats...because in their day jordan, bird and johnson didn't have the level of competition today. But when it comes right down to it...all bs'ing and fish stories aside...stats tell the story. Numbers don't lie.

Ok, now I see you never watched the NBA until last week. Enjoy the upcoming basket ball shows.

flairon
06-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Ok, now I see you never watched the NBA until last week. Enjoy the upcoming basket ball shows.

I can see you've never actually looked at stats either. Enjoy your rose colored view of the 'good ol days'

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2005/06/02/inside2-2005-06-02-mikan.jpg

here was the first basketball 'superstar'...surely he could be brought forward in time and match up against the NBA players of today right? Sure he could.

BillReilly
06-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I can see you've never actually looked at stats either. Enjoy your rose colored view of the 'good ol days'

here was the first basketball 'superstar'...surely he could be brought forward in time and match up against the NBA players of today right? Sure he could.

You may want to get someone to explain to you "straw man argument."

Look, you are on the verge of claiming gravity is stronger today than last decade. That's how ridiculous your claim about the level of competition today versus the 80's. Everyone who follows the game knows the NBA has been watered down with expansion and the admission of high school age boys who lack basic skills. It is why the game has changed to emphasize raw physical skills over developed basketball skill. If not, we'd have games where both teams fouled out.

Basketball is not alone in this. Baseball had a steroid era. You cannot compare Bonds to Ruth just on stats. Jim Brown is considered the greatest running back ever, but others have better stats because they played in different eras. David Beckham is not the gayest soccer player of all time, despite being the gayest player of his era. The fact that this has to be explained to you strongly suggests you don't follow sports. Otherwise, you would not make such ridiculous claims.

flairon
06-10-2012, 11:28 AM
You may want to get someone to explain to you "straw man argument."

Look, you are on the verge of claiming gravity is stronger today than last decade. That's how ridiculous your claim about the level of competition today versus the 80's. Everyone who follows the game knows the NBA has been watered down with expansion and the admission of high school age boys who lack basic skills. It is why the game has changed to emphasize raw physical skills over developed basketball skill. If not, we'd have games where both teams fouled out.

Basketball is not alone in this. Baseball had a steroid era. You cannot compare Bonds to Ruth just on stats. Jim Brown is considered the greatest running back ever, but others have better stats because they played in different eras. David Beckham is not the gayest soccer player of all time, despite being the gayest player of his era. The fact that this has to be explained to you strongly suggests you don't follow sports. Otherwise, you would not make such ridiculous claims.

so basically you're saying that while these players you're talking about were considered the greatest of their time, this isn't their time any longer?

Welcome to post #21 of this thread. Thanks for stopping by.

BillReilly
06-10-2012, 11:37 AM
so basically you're saying that while these players you're talking about were considered the greatest of their time, this isn't their time any longer?

OK, I see you have some sort of learning disability and I'm starting to feel weird about continuing this. Enjoy the games and make sure to listen your guardians.

DubfromGA
06-10-2012, 08:16 PM
David Beckham is not the gayest soccer player of all time, despite being the gayest player of his era. The fact that this has to be explained to you strongly suggests you don't follow sports. Otherwise, you would not make such ridiculous claims.

Now I'm sure I don't care for soccer.

pharmamarketer
06-11-2012, 04:02 AM

Is your goal to try and bring down every thread in here or just the ones that get you menstruating early? You are such a douche. I'm negging you only because I can't punch you in the face. It will help me feel better. Shallow, yes, I know, but it's the morning and you're a snarky prick.

Edit-iceman quoted me early. I hate auto correct. Changed "enjoy basketball" to Basil. Wtf?

Iceman1800
06-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Is your goal to try and bring down every thread in here or just the ones that get you menstruating early. You are such a douche. I'm negging you only because I can't punch you in the face and the fact that you said Basie all "shows". It will help me feel betterYeah, he's a troll. I don't even acknowledge his posts anymore. Not worth any effort at all

BillReilly
06-11-2012, 04:08 AM
Is your goal to try and bring down every thread in here or just the ones that get you menstruating early? You are such a douche. I'm negging you only because I can't punch you in the face. It will help me feel better. Shallow, yes, I know, but it's the morning and you're a snarky prick.

http://villagethinker.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/internet_tough_guy_-_because_its_easy_to_be_a_6_foot_4_olympic_powerli fter_and_streetfighting_god_from_behind_the_confin es_of_a_keyboard.jpg

x-trainer ben
06-11-2012, 07:42 AM

Edit-iceman quoted me early. I hate auto correct. Changed "enjoy basketball" to Basil. Wtf?

The "face" line stretches around the block, i took a number. :)