PDA

View Full Version : What's the Spanish word(s) for "spot me"?

sojomojo
06-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I've been traveling throughout Latin America and I sometimes go to the local gyms. I can usually communicate with my limited Spanish and hand gestures (not the middle finger); but, I am hoping someone can help me expand my Spanish vocabulary with how to ask someone in Spanish to "spot me."

Thanks . . .

hammer92
06-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Puede usted me in situ- Can you spot me?

Me in situ- Spot me.

Obvi add por favor for that

so-tex
06-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Me puedes ayudar? It means can you help me. They won't understand can you spot me.

dbx
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Donde esta spot? :D

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Nah.

Just say, "Oye, por favor..."

Then point to whatever station you're at, motioning like you're lifting.

They'll probably get the idea.

;)

Or you can probably just say "Vigila me por favor." and they'll know what you mean.

Of course, "Vigila" (which means watch) is pronounced "vee-hee-la" and "me" would be pronounced "may," not the "me" as it sounds in English.

IronCharles
06-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I usually just say, "Ayudame, guey!" But these are guys I know. I wouldn't go calling a stranger "guey". Maybe, "Ayudame, por favor."

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 07:13 PM
I usually just say, "Ayudame, guey!" But these are guys I know. I wouldn't go calling a stranger "guey". Maybe, "Ayudame, por favor."

This might work as well, but just be aware that (i.e., ayudar) essentially means "help" or "assist," so it may invite more questions that you'll have to answer and/or explain.

so-tex
06-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Donde esta spot? :DA pesar de que soy un hombre gingo, que tendría un problema con eso. :D.

so-tex
06-09-2012, 07:20 PM
I usually just say, "Ayudame, guey!" But these are guys I know. I wouldn't go calling a stranger "guey". Maybe, "Ayudame, por favor."That would get your ass killed in South Texas. :D.

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 07:25 PM
That would get your ass killed in South Texas. :D.

You wouldn't fare much better in Miami.

dbx
06-09-2012, 07:25 PM
A pesar de que soy un hombre gingo, que tendría un problema con eso. :D.

LOL, sorry for the gender fck up. I always forget that $hit! :mad:

Eleazar18
06-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Its "oiga meh puede ayudar con las pesas" its can you help me with the weights sir

IronCharles
06-09-2012, 07:31 PM
That would get your ass killed in South Texas. :D.

You wouldn't fare much better in Miami.Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIdtwKgjLPY

so-tex
06-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Its "oiga meh puede ayudar con las pesas" its can you help me with the weights sirExactly. I forgot to add." con las pesas."

FlaIronMind
06-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Lulz. I remember that IC.

Spanish can be kind of funny. Here in Miami, I'll say "coño" routinely. It is perfectly acceptable.

If I said that back home in California...

Also, one time my wife and I were at a Christmas party at a family friend's house. This guy kept calling his wife "cabron." Finally, when we were talking with he and his wife, I asked her, "do you know what he is calling you?" She laughed and responded, "Well, he says it means 'my little goat.'" I looked at the guy, knowingly. I told her, "Well, it kind of does, but really..."

so-tex
06-09-2012, 07:56 PM
LOL, sorry for the gender fck up. I always forget that $hit! :mad:Sugerencia. No es el género. :).

dbx
06-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Sugerencia. No es el género. :).

See, I told you I was rusty :D :o. I thought it was gender related....enlighten me...please.

so-tex
06-09-2012, 08:10 PM
See, I told you I was rusty :D :o. I thought it was gender related....enlighten me...please.Lol my first post was not gender related. It meant in my broken Spanish was " I would have a problem as to what you were trying to convey". Now if you said Donde Esta el Banjo, I would be down with that, because I have to go to the bathroom. :D.

dbx
06-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Lol my first post was not gender related. It meant in my broken Spanish was " I would have a problem as to what you were trying to convey". Now if you said Donde Esta el Banjo, I would be down with that, because I have to go to the bathroom. :D.

LOL, I know the word for bathroom...but would have spelled it "Banyo". I can name almost all body parts, count, name clothing, etc., but....I guess I should just STFU, seriously :D.

cowboybiker
06-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I guess Ive been doing it wrong.

All this time I thought it was "Besa mi culo".

Learn something new everyday.

IronCharles
06-09-2012, 09:57 PM
I guess Ive been doing it wrong.

All this time I thought it was "Besa mi culo".

Learn something new everyday.Cayate cabron! Vete a la verga! :D

paolo59
06-14-2012, 11:21 PM
"Hechame un ojo, por fa!"

sojomojo
06-17-2012, 09:00 PM
"Hechame un ojo, por fa!"

I'll give this one a try since it makes sense to me and it's easy for me to remember and say. THANKS!

dnb
06-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIdtwKgjLPY

Where's Dave.... maaannnnnn.....?