PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason to be an atheist? give 1 good reason

Sargamatha
06-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Because i cant think of any

jedi786
06-09-2012, 04:34 PM
self exaltation if ur fat,ugly,broke etc.

J1n
06-09-2012, 04:37 PM
how about you give me one good reason to believe/join a religion.

musicmaker
06-09-2012, 04:39 PM
because at best you can only be a deist and that is because even if you could prove the existence of a god/entity there is no conclusive evidence or rational reason to assume that the entity would be of a specific human religion or endorse christianity/islam/etc, or even give two chits about humans. It is entire possible that a "god" could exist and not care about humans or even wish them harm. When I contemplate people who claim that not only is there a god, but that they know that god's mind in regards to what I should eat, do, or how I should live my life, I laugh inside.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
The lack of evidence for a God. Which is really the absence of a reason to be a theist. The onus is on the believer to give reasons for asserting the existence of something.

Even if God is plausible... is there any reason to believe my socks, right now, are grey?

basoon12345
06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Nobody is convinced to be atheist. Its not some sort of social club people just join but something logical people are

Redstyx
06-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Does OP understand how stupid that question sounds?

OnlyOnlyOnly
06-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Don't have to go to church every Sunday

BENNAYBOY
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Its the truth.

Acknowledging a deity is lying to yourself out of desperation.

roflobster
06-09-2012, 04:49 PM
the burden of proof lies upon the person making the extraordinary claim.

webbey1994
06-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Because u see that religion is the cause of almost every war..

bballbrett5
06-09-2012, 04:50 PM
you're not a slave to a supernatural force with no evidence of its existence

musicmaker
06-09-2012, 04:50 PM
also atheism is simply not believing in a supernatural god, it does not imply one has to be "against" god because that in a sense establishes the existence of a god lol. Atheists have nothing in common (yes there are some retarded ones) but there are also retarded people who don't believe in the moon landing or who don't believe the earth is round. A good reason to be an atheist is that you don't have to believe and do what some man-made book tells you and you can actually think for yourself.

Archetupon
06-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Religion enables an egocentric lifestyle

theninthplanet
06-09-2012, 04:51 PM
because at best you can only be a deist and that is because even if you could prove the existence of a god/entity there is no conclusive evidence or rational reason to assume that the entity would be of a specific human religion or endorse christianity/islam/etc, or even give two chits about humans. It is entire possible that a "god" could exist and not care about humans or even wish them harm. When I contemplate people who claim that not only is there a god, but that they know that god's mind in regards to what I should eat, do, or how I should live my life, I laugh inside.

Buddhsits aren't deist's..

Fail.

The answer is: there's nothing good about athiest or extreme religion (like christianity). They're on both ends of the moron spectrum, but there is a middlegrounds.

Google 'the middle path'

BossMadOne
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
In my opinion Atheist in it self is a religion with a faith of not believing there is a god.

Now what I find interesting is the notion of the "we as a race of beings no longer need to believe in a god but to see how far we have come and have faith in our own future development" .. so the "I don't think we need a god any more" is a much better side to be on than "I think you are dumb cause you have faith in something "

jigarooni
06-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Give me a good reason to be a christian.

I cant think of any.

And as far being an atheist it gives me opportunity to explore things without the simple answer that god did it. I don't even have to try I'll just watch you get negged and shat on phaggot.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 04:54 PM

Fail.

The answer is: there's nothing good about athiest or extreme religion (like christianity). They're on both ends of the moron spectrum, but there is a middlegrounds.

Google 'the middle path'

Not believing in God doesn't make someone a moron, neither does being a Christian. But it's nice to see you've found a way to feel superior to both.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 04:54 PM
In my opinion Atheist in it self is a religion with a faith of not believing there is a god.

Do you BELIEVE that I'm wearing grey socks right now?

TheAdlerian
06-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Clarity.

The ancient Chinese general Sun Tzu said that you have to "know your ground" which mean be realistic about where you are and how to adapt to that place. In addition, knowing yourself is very important because when the crisis hits you will be realistic about how you will respond.

Believing is fantasies contradicts all of that, thus putting you in danger.

webbey1994

Now what I find interesting is the notion of the "we as a race of beings no longer need to believe in a god but to see how far we have come and have faith in our own future development" .. so the "I don't think we need a god any more" is a much better side to be on than "I think you are dumb cause you have faith in something "

But how is atheism a religion when there's nothing to worship ect. No place of prayer or figure head.. Most people just couldn't give to turds and waste there time beleiving there is some almighty power or whatever and just get on with their life..

sydneyalysse
not being an atheist does not mean joining a teligion.
another angry dumb man posts.

sydneyalysse
06-09-2012, 04:56 PM
But how is atheism a religion when there's nothing to worship ect. No place of prayer or figure head.. Most people just couldn't give to turds and waste there time beleiving there is some almighty power or whatever and just get on with their life..
plenty of religions exist and have existed with nothing to worship.

basoon12345
06-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Being atheist is not a religion because we dont even THINK about god.. being atheist affects us very little as opposed to a religion where every action you make has to be thought out because of a god. We dont believe that there is no god, we simply DONT GIVE A SHT IF THERE IS ONE (which is highly unlikely there is a god)

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 04:57 PM

p

You sound pretty angry yourself brah...

sydneyalysse
06-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Give me a good reason to be a christian.

I cant think of any.

And as far being an atheist it gives me opportunity to explore things without the simple answer that god did it. I don't even have to try I'll just watch you get negged and shat on phaggot.
Nothing to do with atheism.

You sound pretty angry yourself brah...
That's the trick. I'm always angry.

Shahin
It's not a club you join. If you don't believe in God you don't really have a choice.

Penile_Dementia
Being atheist is not a religion because we dont even THINK about god.. being atheist affects us very little as opposed to a religion where every action you make has to be thought out because of a god. We dont believe that there is no god, we simply DONT GIVE A SHT IF THERE IS ONE

Some think about God. Some believe there is none. Many give a sht if there is one.

Being an atheist simply means not believing in God. It doesn't necessitate/always include all that other stuff you claim.

roflobster

there is literally 0 evidence or proof of a god. so, in your opinion, a lack of belief in a god (due to a complete lack of any evidence) is just as bad as religious extremists who use their faith to justify hatred, intolerance, bigotry, and ignorance? urine idiot

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png

^this is you^

100% incorrect. this is an argument used by theists to attempt to dismantle atheism. atheism is the LACK OF BELIEF IN GODS. it requires no faith because there is NO EVIDENCE OF GODS

Woodyy
06-09-2012, 04:59 PM

http://www.nerdnirvana.org/autopost/uploads/2012/05/can%20count%20to%20potato.jpg

sydneyalysse
Being atheist is not a religion because we dont even THINK about god.. being atheist affects us very little as opposed to a religion where every action you make has to be thought out because of a god. We dont believe that there is no god, we simply DONT GIVE A SHT IF THERE IS ONE (which is highly unlikely there is a god)
Do you even know what atheism is? Clearly not.

musicmaker

Fail.

Google 'the middle path'

I didn't mention Buddhism, why do you, and what about it?

The correct answer should be: atheism is simply not believing in a god that tells me how to live, it is directed more or less against the idea that humans posses knowledge from god on how to live a.k.a organized religion. Atheism is not and does not have to be against spirituality. It is entirely possible to be an atheist and believe in spiritual human experiences or take an interest in spirituality, we just refuse to put a name on it and tell you that missionary is the only acceptable position to have sex in.

Penile_Dementia
That's the trick. I'm always angry.

Well played.

MATulley
06-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Agnosticism is the way to go, your favourite drink then becomes Dr Pepper. Because what flavour is it? It is neither root beer, or cola: Nobody is sure what flavour it is, and nobody can be sure.

sydneyalysse
there is literally 0 evidence or proof of a god. so, in your opinion, a lack of belief in a god (due to a complete lack of any evidence) is just as bad as religious extremists who use their faith to justify hatred, intolerance, bigotry, and ignorance? urine idiot

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/atheists.png

^this is you^

100% incorrect. this is an argument used by theists to attempt to dismantle atheism. atheism is the LACK OF BELIEF IN GODS. it requires no faith because there is NO EVIDENCE OF GODS
Funny, as you've yourself found a way to feel superior to all 3.

higuain
You can live free of the belief in a celestial dictator who coddles and watches over you for your entire life, who owns you and who will punish you for eternity if you do not love or believe in him.

That said, Dawkins-esque atheists come off almost as badly as theists, with their poor argumentation and forcefullness.

TimmyRustle
06-09-2012, 05:01 PM

do tell ?

sydneyalysse

The correct answer should be: atheism is simply not believing in a god that tells me how to live, it is directed more or less against the idea that humans posses knowledge from god on how to live a.k.a organized religion. Atheism is not and does not have to be against spirituality. It is entirely possible to be an atheist and believe in spiritual human experiences or take an interest in spirituality, we just refuse to put a name on it and tell you that missionary is the only acceptable position to have sex in.plenty of non religious people believe that. I don't see what atheism has to do with that.

TrustMeBrahs
Yes there is.

By being an athiest you won't need to attend church and pay tithes and worship.

Instead you can used that time and money to do something productive like volunteering, improving skills, saving for retirement.

orangetide
06-09-2012, 05:02 PM
not wasting money on churches/ more free time.

roflobster
06-09-2012, 05:03 PM

uhhhh no. it's no wonder you're red, you couldn't formulate an argument to save your life. i don't feel superior. i consider myself an atheist, how exactly would i feel superior to other atheists?

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:03 PM

how funny, now you've found a way to feel superior to all 4

Also, OP has a point. If you believe in god and there is no god, worst thing that will happen is that you will live a life full of hope and faith, and seeing loved ones die wont be as bad because you have hopes of seeing them again. If you are correct, welcome to paradise son.

Yet, if you dont believe in god and you are correct, well you die and then you go to ****, nothing happens. Yet if you are incorrect and a god does exist, welcome to hell son. Lose/lose situation if you are an atheist.

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
uhhhh no. it's no wonder you're red, you couldn't formulate an argument to save your life. i don't feel superior. i consider myself an atheist, how exactly would i feel superior to other atheists?

brb im mexican, so i cant feel superior to any other mexican.

Your lack of intelect amazes me.

TerrorAP2
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I just find being an atheist the most logical route.

kooldude
06-09-2012, 05:06 PM
We're all born atheists so why change things?

basoon12345
Tbh, i feel that being atheist and agnostic is very similar and basically kind of the same thing because there will never be a sure way to prove there isnt a god but atheists might just be a bit more stubborn about it. Atheists tend to try to prove to Religious people as much as Religious people try to prove to atheists.

Im more of a i dont give a damn if there is or not

Penile_Dementia

Also, OP has a point. If you believe in god and there is no god, worst thing that will happen is that you will live a life full of hope and faith, and seeing loved ones die wont be as bad because you have hopes of seeing them again. If you are correct, welcome to paradise son.

Yet, if you dont believe in god and you are correct, well you die and then you go to ****, nothing happens. Yet if you are incorrect and a god does exist, welcome to hell son. Lose/lose situation if you are an atheist.

That's Pascal's Wager. Sounds like a good way to increase my chances of eternal punishment.

If there is a God, and if there is a Hell, Pascal's Wager seems a good way to increase my chances of going to that hell in at least two ways (if God is jealous of worship of other Gods - and there would be a LOT more wrong Gods to believe in, and perhaps more reasonably on God's part - for gaming the system)

musicmaker
06-09-2012, 05:08 PM
plenty of non religious people believe that. I don't see what atheism has to do with that.

Explain the difference between nonreligious and atheism please. Again, most atheist's don't consider themselves as part of any anti-god group or that they even have anything in common with other people who don't believe in a god (atheism). You missed my point that you can be an atheist and still be open to the possibility of spiritual experiences. Also nonreligious people don't believe in organized religion and can also be opened to spiritual experience, there is not much of a difference. Atheism just has a negative connotation because or bad PR and attacks by the christian right to make it seem organized specifically against christianity. Most atheists are not that way... Why would I commit myself to proving something does not exist? At best I can explain to you why I don't believe and why your reasons may not be as good as you think, but then again if 80% of the population believed that a magic pink teapot orbited the earth I would also be a nonbeliever of magic pink teapots in space. Catch my drift?

TimmyRustle
06-09-2012, 05:09 PM

i never had religion drummed into me as a kid and i believe in a higher power, what is your point

roflobster

why do people attempt to engage in debates when they have obviously not done any research? what you just posted is called Pascal's Wager (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager) and is a logical fallacy which was debunked hundreds of years ago. if you believe in the christian god (or jewish god, or muslim god, or whatever, it doesn't matter which god you choose) the odds are against YOU, because you believe your god is the one true god out of the thousands of gods that have existed throughout history.

so if you believe in yahweh, but the one true god is thor, then you're fcked.

6mmskXXetcg

Ace28
Free's up a couple hours on Sunday /thread.

thehypocrit
06-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Well one benefit is knowing that you are one of the few people in the world that has a brain.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Well one benefit is knowing that you are one of the few people in the world that has a brain.

If you conclude that you are intelligent because you are an atheist, then you are a moron.

Birdy69
06-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Because faith replaces logical thinking.

Also because according to the bible, the Abrahamic god (that of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) killed over 2.5 million people including innocents.

Not only is he a mass murderer, he sends 99% of humans that ever existed to eternal torture.

Have we established the Abrahamic god is evil yet?

kooldude
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
i never had religion drummed into me as a kid and i believe in a higher power, what is your point

I smoked for 60 yrs and I never had lung cancer, what is your point?

The vast majority of theists are through indoctrination in their youth. In addition, also through self-rationalization as adults. Welcome to the latter, friend.

musicmaker
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

When a god starts growing back the limps of amputees I will consider believing in him. Until then, the best of evidence adds up to the statistical equivalent of rolling a dice.

MAXXv
06-09-2012, 05:15 PM
I am not an atheist for benefits. I'm just an atheist because i think religion is clearly stupid.

inb4red

thehypocrit
06-09-2012, 05:15 PM
If you conclude that you are intelligent because you are an atheist, then you are a moron.

I would bet my life that on average people who believe in any specific religion are less intelligent than people who don't.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I would bet my life that on average people who believe in any specific religion are less intelligent than people who don't.

Sure, but that doesn't affect the point I actually made.

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:17 PM
why do people attempt to engage in debates when they have obviously not done any research? what you just posted is called Pascal's Wager (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager) and is a logical fallacy which was debunked hundreds of years ago. if you believe in the christian god (or jewish god, or muslim god, or whatever, it doesn't matter which god you choose) the odds are against YOU, because you believe your god is the one true god out of the thousands of gods that have existed throughout history.

so if you believe in yahweh, but the one true god is thor, then you're fcked.

Im aware of the Pascal's Wager. Surprinsingly, some miscers are too. I just brough it up because i just had seen it in my statistic class lol, somehow you took it seriously.

The truth is whether you are a hardcore atheist or a hardcore religious you are incredibly naive and simple minded. Agnosticism son, think outside the box for a minute.

andy2020

Actually, we're not.

theninthplanet

The correct answer should be: atheism is simply not believing in a god that tells me how to live, it is directed more or less against the idea that humans posses knowledge from god on how to live a.k.a organized religion. Atheism is not and does not have to be against spirituality. It is entirely possible to be an atheist and believe in spiritual human experiences or take an interest in spirituality, we just refuse to put a name on it and tell you that missionary is the only acceptable position to have sex in.

Would that make you agnostic or something?

I mention buddhism because there's so much misunderstanding such as 'I hate religion because christianity failed me as a child!'. People don't even bother to explore other religions or spiritual paths..

Everyone on the misc believes in the benefits of meditation, believe's that there is no god, etc etc, yet they call themselves Atheist, when all those beliefs line up perfectly well with buddhism.

thehypocrit
06-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Sure, but that doesn't affect the point I actually made.

It actually does. If anyone can use their brain to think about religion and its history and come to the conclusion that religion is something that is man made then they are already intelligent.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Im aware of the Pascal's Wager. Surprinsingly, some miscers are too. I just brough it up because i just had seen it in my statistic class lol, somehow you took it seriously.

You presented it pretty seriously.

tk217
The reasoning behind most atheism is the need for empiricism.

Ken-O
Personally, i think the real smart ones are the ones that admit they dont know **** about such complex subjects like this one.

tk217
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Actually, we're not.

Go on....

Improve573
because religion is just one big hoax and there is no proof, people devote themselves and use it as an excuse for everything and aren't capable of thinking for themselves.

Ken-O
You presented it pretty seriously.

I like to mess with hardcore atheists as much as i like to mess with hardcore religious.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 05:21 PM
It actually does. If anyone can use their brain to think about religion and its history and come to the conclusion that religion is something that is man made then they are already intelligent.

That's fuking moronic.

That the average atheist is smarter than the average religious person - does NOT = if one is atheist, one is smart. It takes utter idiocy to come to that conclusion.

And there are plenty of stupid atheists.

kooldude
Actually, we're not.

Atheist means a- "without" theist. Without a belief in a god(s). If you were born as a neonate with a belief in a god, then you're quite extraordinary.

tk217
Personally, i think the real smart ones are the ones that admit they dont know **** about such complex subjects like this one.

How is that smart?

Penile_Dementia
I like to mess with hardcore atheists as much as i like to mess with hardcore religious.

And ITT you messed with agnostics.

tk217
06-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Atheist means a- "without" theist. Without a belief in a god(s). If you were born as a neonate with a belief in a god, then you're quite extraordinary.

You're describing adeism.

roflobster
06-09-2012, 05:23 PM

The truth is whether you are a hardcore atheist or a hardcore religious you are incredibly naive and simple minded. Agnosticism son, think outside the box for a minute.

>attempts to use pascal's wager to dismantle atheism
>gets shown that pascal's wager is not a valid argument
>"lol i trol u"

i will remain an atheist until there is solid proof otherwise that a god actually exists. i think that agnostics are being intellectually dishonest with themselves and don't have the balls to admit that they don't really believe in god due to influence of their peers, family, society, etc.

Birdy69
06-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Tbh, i feel that being atheist and agnostic is very similar and basically kind of the same thing because there will never be a sure way to prove there isnt a god but atheists might just be a bit more stubborn about it. Atheists tend to try to prove to Religious people as much as Religious people try to prove to atheists.

Im more of a i dont give a damn if there is or not

You don't know what an atheist or an agnostic is.

Atheism is about what you believe. You lack a belief in a god.

A=without
theism=a belief in a deity

Agnosticism is about what you know. You don't believe you can disprove a deistic god.

A=without
gnosticism= a belief in knowing

That means there are 4 types of people and you must fall into one category.

agnostic atheists
gnostic atheists
agnostic theists
gnostic theists

If you still don't understand, just take notice they answer different questions.

If someone asked you what you were and you said an agnostic, an intelligent person would say, "Of course none of us know for sure. This isn't philosophy 101. Now answer my question."

If someone asked you what you were and you said an atheist, an intelligent person would say, "Oh I see, you lack a belief in a god. Soft or hard? Agnostic or gnostic?"

I always include agnostic in front when I call myself an atheist because gnostics are dicks/retards and I don't wish to be mistaken for one by the uneducated masses.

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:25 PM
How is that smart?

Because a mere human being will never be able to understand and truly know the secrets of the universe. Its like a deer trying to understand the human civilization, it will never happen, even if you try to explain it to the deer everyday till the day he dies.

Atheists are as clueless as religious people, the difference is that the latter ones have something to hold on to.

And ITT you messed with agnostics.

A true agnostic wouldnt be phased by any of the comments ITT.

musicmaker
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Would that make you agnostic or something?

I mention buddhism because there's so much misunderstanding such as 'I hate religion because christianity failed me as a child!'. People don't even bother to explore other religions or spiritual paths..

Everyone on the misc believes in the benefits of meditation, believe's that there is no god, etc etc, yet they call themselves Atheist, when all those beliefs line up perfectly well with buddhism.

Ok, I see where you're coming from but don't Buddhists believe in specific entities and follow specific rules established by gods?

I am an atheist yeah, but also an agnostic. I think most atheists are also agnostic because at the end of the day we don't know that something we've never established the existence of doesn't truly exist. To refer back to my earlier example, is there a chance that a magic teapot is orbiting our earth? Maybe, but there is little reason to believe so... I am all at once a teapot atheist and an agnostic.

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:27 PM
>"lol i trol u"

i will remain an atheist until there is solid proof otherwise that a god actually exists. i think that agnostics are being intellectually dishonest with themselves and don't have the balls to admit that they don't really believe in god due to influence of their peers, family, society, etc.

no one over the age of 8 would actually believe the pascal wagers to be a true way of beating the system. Dont be as simple minded son, think your comments trough ;).

tk217

A=without

Agnosticism is about what you know. You don't believe you can disprove a deistic god.

A=without

That means there are 4 types of people and you must fall ito one category.

agnostic atheists
gnostic atheists
agnostic theists
gnostic theists

If you still don't understand, just take notice they answer different questions.

If someone asked you what you were and you said an agnostic, an intelligent person would say, "Of course none of us know for sure. This isn't philosophy 101. Now answer my question."

If someone asked you what you were and you said an atheist, an intelligent person would say, "Oh I see, you lack a belief in a god. Soft or hard? Agnostic or gnostic?"

I always include agnostic in front when I call myself an atheist because gnostics are dicks/retards and I don't wish to be mistaken for one by the uneducated masses.

Not exactly.

You've left out deism and adeism.

Brahrker
because you don't have to do anything. i like not having to do anything.

basoon12345
06-09-2012, 05:28 PM
>"lol i trol u"

Theres nothing intellectually dishonest about being agnostic because most non-god believers have decided due to gut feeling.

Penile_Dementia
>"lol i trol u"

OH BS. I'm agnostic because I do not think a broad conception of God, is known or knowable (at least at the moment). Unlike, say, Dawkins, I do not have a position on the improbability of a conscious first cause.

Maybe it's because I don't grasp the philosophy enough, but that's my failing despite the best of my abilities, and it's far better than pretending I do. I have no problem saying I don't believe in God.

tk217
Because a mere human being will never be able to understand and truly know the secrets of the universe. Its like a deer trying to understand the human civilization, it will never happen, even if you try to explain it to the deer everyday till the day he dies.

Atheists are as clueless as religious people, the difference is that the latter ones have something to hold on to.

LOL. Trollolololol.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 05:29 PM

That makes no sense. Trollin' up to 11.

Ken-O

A=without

A=without

That means there are 4 types of people and you must fall into one category.

agnostic atheists
gnostic atheists
agnostic theists
gnostic theists

lol, if only it were that simple.

I wouldnt put you in any of those categories, i would put you in the 5th one: "clueless guy who is full of himself but dont really knows ****"

roflobster
no one over the age of 8 would actually believe the pascal wagers to be a true way of beating the system. Dont be as simple minded son, think your comments trough ;).

oh you thought i was serious when i was saying that you were serious about using pascal's wager as a legitimate argument? lol bruh i trol u don't be such a idiot lol

tk217
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
oh you thought i was serious when i was saying that you were serious about using pascal's wager as a legitimate argument? lol bruh i trol u don't be such a idiot lol

He doesn't appear to understand Pascal's wager judging his comments.

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
LOL. Trollolololol.

You must be really naive if you think you have a clue of our origins.

That makes no sense.

You are just too young to get it.

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:32 PM

He doesn't appear to understand Pascal's wager judging his comments.

look, 2 atheists thinking they are superior to those who think different. How surprising :rolleyes:.

tk217
06-09-2012, 05:32 PM
You must be really naive if you think you have a clue of our origins.

You are just too young to get it.

Our Origins? Meaning human life on this planet? Abiogensis?

tk217
06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
look, 2 atheists thinking they are superior to those who think different. How surprising :rolleyes:.

I suppose in your world ignorance is a superior quality. :)

jtraininsane
06-09-2012, 05:35 PM
OP is a troll, so I'll just reply with a "yes, yes there is a good reason."

roflobster

lol don't be so mad that i trold the hell outta u brah im a master trol

Ken-O
Our Origins? Meaning human life on this planet? Abiogensis?

No, not humans. Religion is not restricted to humans is it? Go a little further.

tk217
06-09-2012, 05:36 PM
No, not humans. Religion is not restricted to humans is it? Go a little further.trololololol

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I suppose in your world ignorance is a superior quality. :)

Not at all. Everyone is ignorant about some things tho, and the few that aknowledge this are usually smarter.

Ken-O
06-09-2012, 05:37 PM
lol don't be so mad that i trold the hell outta u brah im a master trol

trololololol

Should had realized i was being trolled by internet kids at least a couple of pages back -__-

touché

tk217
06-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Not at all. Everyone is ignorant about some things tho, and the few that aknowledge this are usually smarter.

And, masquerading as a falsified answer that lacks substance, pragmatism, creativity through discovery, curiosity, and empiricism is even worse.

Harbinger
06-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Because i cant think

fixed

anotheruser
06-09-2012, 05:40 PM
because you believe that there is no god/deity.

/thread

kooldude
06-09-2012, 06:39 PM
You're describing adeism.

Is that even a word?

RelentlessChaos
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
ITT: OP is an idiot like most religious nuts who say "why not believe? If god is real and you believe in him you have everything to gain. If you don't you have everything to lose."

Brb can't force myself to believe in something.

OP: unicorns exists and they will take over jebus and if you don't believe in them you will go to hell. Believe!!!! You have nothing to lose right? Can't believe in something you don't find to be rational and logical can ya?

There isn't a good reason to be an atheist. Who says there has to be? This shows you guys believe in fear and ****. There is no reason but there is a difference. Atheists think intelligently.

tk217
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Is that even a word?

Is deism a word?

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Is deism a word?

What about eism? Is that a word?

Rune
06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't really have a reason aside from being unimpressed by other people's bull****.

tk217
06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
What about eism? Is that a word?

I know of EISM -- Enterpise Integration (and) Service Management.

Penile_Dementia
06-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I know of EISM -- Enterpise Integration (and) Service Management.

This brings us to ism.

tk217
06-09-2012, 08:07 PM
This brings us to ism.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-ism

Ultimately from either Ancient Greek -ισμός (-ismos), a suffix that forms abstract nouns of action, state, condition, doctrine;from stem of verbs in -ιζειν (-izein) (whence English -ize), or from the related suffix was Ancient Greek -ισμα (-isma), which more specifically expressed a finished act or thing done.

Many English nouns in -ism are loans of Greek nouns in -ισμός (mostly via Latin and French), such as baptism from βαπτισμός (loaned from Old French ca. 1300), or Judaism from Ἰουδαισμός (a learned English formation based on Latin, coined ca. 1500). In Late Latin, the -ismus suffix became the ordinary ending for names of religions and ecclesiastical or philosophical systems or schools of thought, thus chrīstiānismus (whence 16th c. Christianism) in Tertullian, a trend continued in Medieval Latin, with e.g. pāgānismus attested by the 8th century. From the 16th century, such formations became very common in English, until the early 18th century mostly restricted to either root words of Greek or Latin origin (heroism, patriotism) or proper names (Calvinism, Lutheranism). Productivity from root words with evidently non-Latin and non-Greek origin dates to the late 18th century (e.g. blackguardism). Reflecting this productivity, use of ism as a standalone noun is attested by Edward Pettit (1680) and becomes common from the mid 18th century. The narrowed sense of forming terms for ideologies based on the belief of superiority is a "draft addition" submitted to OED in 2004, based on coinages such as racism (1932) or sexism (1936) and productive since the 1970s.

DrTorpedo
06-09-2012, 08:09 PM

Do you realize why this statement just collapses on itself?

You wouldn't call non stamp collecting a hobby, would you?

Gameover89
06-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Google 'the middle path'

Considering atheism is a rejection of absurd ideas it doesnt even belong on the moron spectrum you humbly place yourself.

A-GAME
06-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Fail.

Some are.

illriginalized
06-09-2012, 10:44 PM
That's an easy answer.

No accountability.
Do what thou wilt.

That shall be the whole of the Law.

MegaPump
06-09-2012, 11:04 PM

There isnt one good reason.

Maybe they want to masturbate and look at other women sexually or have sexual relations. Its not so bad, but not so good either.

There is great strength and power in a power/energy above your own self limiting beliefs. There is great power in faith and belief. Sure you could try believe in yourself, but like I said, you wont get the results like you would if you put it in God, the infinite power.

I'm kind of on the fence and I wont dismiss Jesus until I learn the Jesus story properly. I do know believing is much better than not believing. I don't think atheism is for me, but each to your own. I KNOW A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER.

Gameover89
06-09-2012, 11:21 PM
There isnt one good reason.

Maybe they want to masturbate and look at other women sexually or have sexual relations. Its not so bad, but not so good either.

There is great strength and power in a power/energy above your own self limiting beliefs. There is great power in faith and belief. Sure you could try believe in yourself, but like I said, you wont get the results like you would if you put it in God, the infinite power.

I'm kind of on the fence and I wont dismiss Jesus until I learn the Jesus story properly. I do know believing is much better than not believing. I don't think atheism is for me, but each to your own. I KNOW A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER.

Why would i want a relationship with god like you have? Look at how delusional you have become.

Mr Beer
06-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Is there any reason to be an atheist? give 1 good reason

Being an adult and therefore accepting reality as it is and not what we would like it to be.

Mr Beer
06-10-2012, 12:22 AM
That's an easy answer.

No accountability.
Do what thou wilt.

That shall be the whole of the Law.

Even if theists were right when they claim removing religion would cause them to become crazy raping murder machines, which of course they are not, there are actual laws which people obey. You can't just do whatever you merely by suspending belief in a sadistic sky being that will torture you for being naughty.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Even if theists were right when they claim removing religion would cause them to become crazy raping murder machines, which of course they are not, there are actual laws which people obey. You can't just do whatever you merely by suspending belief in a sadistic sky being that will torture you for being naughty.

That's fine. But then you'll have the, "laws are meant to be broken" generations.

It's not just about doing whatever. It is the strict laws that we follow... for example, no pre-marital sex. To you that's insane or to anyone outside of religion for that matter... sex is great, it's awesome, if feels great, you're a loser if you're virgin etc... to us we see it as using and abusing one another which in the long run will cause (to an extent) the destruction of humanity. An example of the destruction of humanity? Go to the misc. Cheating, one night stands (yes I know, they're adults they both agreed to it and understand it's just a one night stand), emotionally damaged people, stds/hivs, loss of trust, loss of respect to others and self..

But it doesn't even end there, this "culture" that lacks religious guidance is starting to work its way down to the youth.. forget teens, we're talking pre-teens, kids in elementary school having sex.. and in some cases (Florida has this problem) in the class room. I personally find it funny yet ironic that a lot of the people that complain about humanity tend to be non-religious/atheist and claim that it's the fault of religions.. when in reality a lot of the problems we have in the world is simply a lack of guidance. The Misc is my #1 evidence of what is happening in the secular world.

I mean honestly bro.. lol it's a mess. Such a mess that I cannot even fathom how I'm going to raise a child unless I isolate them from the world and that alone isn't right. I think the main problem we have is that a lot of people who are secular, are short-sighted. They don't see that in the long run, when a civilization becomes demoralized, the civilization self destructs. They only see these rules/laws as a form of oppression as if there's no wisdom behind these rules/laws.

Anyways, I'm probably rambling on.. its almost 1AM lol

Tom117
06-10-2012, 12:50 AM
That's like asking if there's no reason not go skiiing, I don't like skiing why should I? Also the simple answer would be to be free and choose the right morals without some bull**** forced upon us.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
That's fine. But then you'll have the, "laws are meant to be broken" generations.

It's not just about doing whatever. It is the strict laws that we follow... for example, no pre-marital sex. To you that's insane or to anyone outside of religion for that matter... sex is great, it's awesome, if feels great, you're a loser if you're virgin etc... to us we see it as using and abusing one another which in the long run will cause (to an extent) the destruction of humanity. An example of the destruction of humanity? Go to the misc. Cheating, one night stands (yes I know, they're adults they both agreed to it and understand it's just a one night stand), emotionally damaged people, stds/hivs, loss of trust, loss of respect to others and self..

But it doesn't even end there, this "culture" that lacks religious guidance is starting to work its way down to the youth.. forget teens, we're talking pre-teens, kids in elementary school having sex.. and in some cases (Florida has this problem) in the class room. I personally find it funny yet ironic that a lot of the people that complain about humanity tend to be non-religious/atheist and claim that it's the fault of religions.. when in reality a lot of the problems we have in the world is simply a lack of guidance. The Misc is my #1 evidence of what is happening in the secular world.

I mean honestly bro.. lol it's a mess. Such a mess that I cannot even fathom how I'm going to raise a child unless I isolate them from the world and that alone isn't right. I think the main problem we have is that a lot of people who are secular, are short-sighted. They don't see that in the long run, when a civilization becomes demoralized, the civilization self destructs. They only see these rules/laws as a form of oppression as if there's no wisdom behind these rules/laws.

Anyways, I'm probably rambling on.. its almost 1AM lol

Bunch of buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulsheit right here. Yeah dude religious countries are faring sooo well, fk look at Iran life is awesome there! Also no one has been killed for disagreeing with atheism, can you say the same?

MegaPump
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Why would i want a relationship with god like you have? Look at how delusional you have become.

What God is that ?? :confused:

And arnt you Muslim ? :confused:

I have no idea what your talking about. And here you go calling me delusional. My gosh..

Tom117
06-10-2012, 01:04 AM

Wrong there are thousands of religions, the chances of yours being the right one are so minuscule that being an atheist doesn't change anything. Also don't see why god would send people to hell cause they were born with a different religion, that type of god sounds more like a devil.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 01:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xR56x.jpg

Gameover89
06-10-2012, 01:10 AM
And arnt you Muslim ? :confused:

No lol

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Bunch of buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulsheit right here. Yeah dude religious countries are faring sooo well, fk look at Iran life is awesome there! Also no one has been killed for disagreeing with atheism, can you say the same?
Right you're talking about violence committed by government against its people. I'm talking about society within itself.

Wrong there are thousands of religions, the chances of yours being the right one are so minuscule that being an atheist doesn't change anything. Also don't see why god would send people to hell cause they were born with a different religion, that type of god sounds more like a devil.

Wrong. They have to withstand the test of time. There isn't thousands of religions today because they're dead and have failed against the test of time.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Right you're talking about violence committed by government against its people. I'm talking about society within itself.

Wrong. They have to withstand the test of time. There isn't thousands of religions today because they're dead and have failed against the test of time.

Wrong, who says they have to withstand the test of time? Did god tell you this because for all you know one of the earlier religions was his and now hes pissed off at all humans for abandoning it. Don't assume you know what god wants, very arrogant. Also even then: Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Bahai and all the hundreds of variants of those. Also wrong about the first part too, the dark ages were a time where religion was most powerful, the crusades were tons of people dieing over religion, it's not about govt committing against it's people its mostly about believers committing violence against those who argue against them, if religion is so great for morality then why has it caused an infinite amount more of death and pain then atheism ever has or will cause?

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Wrong, who says they have to withstand the test of time? Did god tell you this because for all you know one of the earlier religions was his and now hes pissed off at all humans for abandoning it. Don't assume you know what god wants, very arrogant. Also even then: Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Bahai and all the hundreds of variants of those.

lol I don't think you understand. It's like science. You come up with a theory, over time if you just lack any real empirical evidence to support your theory.. it gets throw back into the shelves. And all the religions you mentioned all have a common ground in morality. So the jakes on you.

That's like asking if there's no reason not go skiiing, I don't like skiing why should I? Also the simple answer would be to be free and choose the right morals without some bull**** forced upon us.

But how do you.. in your limited knowledge, know what is right?

If we were cannibals on an Island away from the developed world... you and even I would think being cannibals is morally right.. even though there's plenty of nutrition elsewhere. lol

Cronoh
06-10-2012, 01:47 AM

(This is also kind of responding to your longer post above)

The problem is you are associating morals with religion, which is wrong. You are basically saying you cannot be against pre-martial sex if you are an athiest, but we both know that is wrong. The difference is religions give you a set of morals that never change, no matter the situation or length of time. The moral compass of society as a whole has changed for many many reasons, not because of athiests. A very strong majority of America would claim to be religious, with only I believe 15% claiming athiest, so how do you explain the widespread "destruction of society"? Inb4 they aren't "true christians" and other excuses. The truth is, we are human, we crave short term satisfaction. Religion only attempts to take credit for the goodness of mankind, when the truth is good people will be good people. A fear of a supernatural being sending them to hell is only a deterrant to the stupid.

Also, it is not religions who have not stood the test of time, it is their cultures. No amount of time makes any religion more true though, and Christianity is not even the oldest active religion. Saying that evidence keeps them alive is kind of silly coming from a religious person whos religion after 2000+ years has yet to put together any shred of real evidence. Maybe the real question should be, how do religions last so long without ANY proof at all?

Tom117
06-10-2012, 01:57 AM
lol I don't think you understand. It's like science. You come up with a theory, over time if you just lack any real empirical evidence to support your theory.. it gets throw back into the shelves. And all the religions you mentioned all have a common ground in morality. So the jakes on you.

But how do you.. in your limited knowledge, know what is right?

If we were cannibals on an Island away from the developed world... you and even I would think being cannibals is morally right.. even though there's plenty of nutrition elsewhere. lol

Not sure if srs, morality is not dependant upon religion. Your knowledge does not have to be vast to know the main difference between right and wrong, hell even my cat knows basic morals... What's funnier is the holy texts are written and made by man, thus morality was invented by man. Morality helps all of us survive together as a species, therefore the vast majority of us know what's right and wrong as soon as we are born, the holy texts don't tell us, our conscience, our logic, and our human nature to survive tells us what's right and wrong.

Also those cannibals could easily have a religion that tells them to be cannibals, that is irrelevant, they clearly aren't as developed or intelligent as we are and thus lack morals from bad logic and bad critical thinking, not because of lack of religion. Also it is in every ones best interest to be moral so it is found in the vast majority of humans from the start, cause without morals you could do something bad to another person but at the same time something bad could happen to you.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 02:09 AM
(This is also kind of responding to your longer post above)

The problem is you are associating morals with religion, which is wrong. You are basically saying you cannot be against pre-martial sex if you are an athiest, but we both know that is wrong. The difference is religions give you a set of morals that never change, no matter the situation or length of time. The moral compass of society as a whole has changed for many many reasons, not because of athiests. A very strong majority of America would claim to be religious, with only I believe 15% claiming athiest, so how do you explain the widespread "destruction of society"? Inb4 they aren't "true christians" and other excuses. The truth is, we are human, we crave short term satisfaction. Religion only attempts to take credit for the goodness of mankind, when the truth is good people will be good people. A fear of a supernatural being sending them to hell is only a deterrant to the stupid.

You know why. Hypocrisy. Do you think a porn star rockin a cross around his neck is really a Christian? You think a thug with a tat on his arm of the prayer hands, who has killed people is really a Christian? Those are religious people by name.. not by action, not by faith, not by anything but a brand name.

Also, it is not religions who have not stood the test of time, it is their cultures. No amount of time makes any religion more true though, and Christianity is not even the oldest active religion. Saying that evidence keeps them alive is kind of silly coming from a religious person whos religion after 2000+ years has yet to put together any shred of real evidence. Maybe the real question should be, how do religions last so long without ANY proof at all?

Withstanding the test of time is when something happens in a time period that pretty much debunks the religious text. If it does this, it is NOT the Word of God.

You claim there's no real evidence... no real evidence of what, exactly?

Watch the first 20 minutes if you'd like some "real evidence" and even supporting scientific hypothesis. Or even the fact that earth looks like the egg of an ostrich:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-41759728056354_2214_28912754
http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Why-The-Earth-is-Not-Perfectly-Round-2.JPG

fJiPTCtAPAY

Edit: lol the larger version of the earth image seems a lot more wider than what I saw in the site hosting it.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:11 AM
^That's not evidence, that's just evidence of already known science that does not prove religion or god in any way.

tk217
06-10-2012, 02:13 AM
So... only through actions and penance can someone reach salvation?

What do you think happens to those who die at birth?

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 02:19 AM
^That's not evidence, that's just evidence of already known science that does not prove religion or god in any way.

1400+ years ago! lol wtf?

Whatever bro.. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Edit: Oh I get it.. because I didn't say it was mentioned in Qur'an. Watch the vid.. if you really really care to know of any evidence coming from Qur'an.. take 20 minutes max out of your time to watch the vid. Or wait til tomorrow and watch the whole thing.

So... only through actions and penance can someone reach salvation?

What do you think happens to those who die at birth?

Child that dies @ birth automatically goes to paradise. Unlike Christianity, we are born pure, not in sin. It is illogical to believe that someone is born sinful lol

Not just actions, but the root of it all.. intentions. For example, you may do something nice, outside of your heart & mind, no one knows you're doing something nice for some sort of personal gain.. that is bad intention on your part. That is not selflessness... rather an intention to gain something from it.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:22 AM

Whatever bro.. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

That doesn't prove my question, did you misread?

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 02:26 AM

Lol this reply is also to all the stupid people that asked the same question.

You dont have to join a religion, you can have your personal God, but why join Christianity

1. Evanescence of life, is a reason for everyone to make plans for the afterlife, the fool is the 1 who's plans end at the grave.

2. Shelter from solitude, you never feel alone when with God

3. No homosexuals

4. No tranny's and any of that

5. No lesbians

6. No abortions

7. No killing/murdering

8. No racism

9. love and care for eachother

10. Having a framework to make sense of life.

11. Having meaning and a sense of purpose to our lives.

12. No raping, murdering and all that

13. Having a deep joy and peace, as Jesus promised.

So on

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 02:31 AM

Really? dont know about WW1, WW2 was not started because of war, Gulf war was noot started because of religion, fact is, most wars that took most lives were not religion related.

And most religious are peaceful Hindus, Jews ( they only fight back the muslims ) Christians, Budhists ( its more like a way of life, way of living ) and there is of course Islam, the terrorizing religion, which has a command from their God to take over the world, thus suicide bombing 24/7 and hoping they get 72 virgins for it.

Did you realise how stupid your answer was by the way? "I dont believe in God because every religion starts a war" lol

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:32 AM

You dont have to join a religion, you can have your personal God, but why join Christianity

1. Evanescence of life, is a reason for everyone to make plans for the afterlife, the fool is the 1 who's plans end at the grave.

3. No homosexuals

5. No lesbians

6. No abortions

7. No killing/murdering

8. No racism

So on

You mean lots of raping and murdering and a stone ages framework to sense of life.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 02:33 AM
That doesn't prove my question, did you misread?

I dunno what your question is... all you did was tell me that according to your thought process, religion isn't the basis of morality. I can't argue/rebut that. Some could argue that we're naturally connected with God even while in the womb of our mothers.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Really? dont know about WW1, WW2 was not started because of war, Gulf war was noot started because of religion, fact is, most wars that took most lives were not religion related.

And most religious are peaceful Hindus, Jews ( they only fight back the muslims ) Christians, Budhists ( its more like a way of life, way of living ) and there is of course Islam, the terrorizing religion, which has a command from their God to take over the world, thus suicide bombing 24/7 and hoping they get 72 virgins for it

Those wars also did not start because of atheism, religion adds more wars, why support something that adds more death and rape, how many priests rape kids and its not even a secret anymore? Also loled at you attacking Islam as if your religion is superior, strong arrogance.

LOLED HARD at Christians peaceful hhhhhhahahahahahaaahahahahahaha.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:34 AM
I dunno what your question is... all you did was tell me that according to your thought process, religion isn't the basis of morality. I can't argue/rebut that. Some could argue that we're naturally connected with God even while in the womb of our mothers.

The guy said give evidence of god and I followed up on that, your evidence was not the evidence we are looking for as it is irrelevant to your point.

MiKey4
06-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Watch the first 20 minutes if you'd like some "real evidence" and even supporting scientific hypothesis. Or even the fact that earth looks like the egg of an ostrich:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-41759728056354_2214_28912754
http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Why-The-Earth-is-Not-Perfectly-Round-2.JPG

Quoted for catastrophic fail. You realise that image is stretched, right?

Without getting into the details of this (eg. what an egg and a planet have to do with one another) I can just debunk it straight away by telling you the egg is a prolate spheroid and the Earth is roughly an oblate spheroid. They are fundamentally different shapes, although they do look similar if you distort a 2D projection, as in the photo above.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Yes there is.

By being an athiest you won't need to attend church and pay tithes and worship.

Instead you can used that time and money to do something productive like volunteering, improving skills, saving for retirement.
I never go to church, why should i? I am the church, God is my only teacher, when i confess, i confess to God, when i want to talk with God, i do so in prayer, there's no reason to go to church.

Ancient people went to churches so that preists further their understanding, these days Bible is available to everyone, even on internet to read for free

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 02:40 AM
The guy said give evidence of god and I followed up on that, your evidence was not the evidence we are looking for as it is irrelevant to your point.

But that's just a vague question. I normally like to use evidence from Qur'an that is backed by modern science. Where.. when you read some of these Surahs you think to yourself... "how?!?! It is impossible that they would know these things... there wasn't technologies / tools for oceanography, astronomy, microbiology etc.."

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:41 AM
But that's just a vague question. I normally like to use evidence from Qur'an that is backed by modern science. Where.. when you read some of these Surahs you think to yourself... "how?!?! It is impossible that they would know these things... there wasn't technologies / tools for oceanography, astronomy, microbiology etc.."

Not sure if srs. It's not vague at all its quite direct. Face it you've been beaten and this was just a huge cop out.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 02:43 AM
Quoted for catastrophic fail. You realise that image is stretched, right?

Without getting into the details of this (eg. what an egg and a planet have to do with one another) I can just debunk it straight away by telling you the egg is a prolate spheroid and the Earth is roughly an oblate spheroid. They are fundamentally different shapes, although they do look similar if you distort a 2D projection, as in the photo above.

The earth image is stretched yes. But google full size ostrich egg. Bro you gotta keep in mind that they used, "comparisons" to explain features... they're not gonna bust out with physics equations (not that physics is related to your post), brah -.- lol

See here's two more ostrich eggs:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Ostrich_egg.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_W23Gc66tuoA/S7QdcXv3_2I/AAAAAAAAAHo/cjENRzLI6sM/s1600/ostrich_egg_size.jpg

Not sure if srs. It's not vague at all its quite direct. Face it you've been beaten and this was just a huge cop out.

Been beaten at what exactly? What the hell is your question?! lol... there's all kinds of evidence for quite a few topics.. I'm asking you to watch the video, "Islam in the 21st Century" lol...

Look bro.. if I found logical fallacies or contradictions... trust me, I would have been agnostic at worst.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 02:45 AM
I just find being an atheist the most logical route.

Is this logical? really?

LOGfan
06-10-2012, 02:50 AM

3. No homosexuals

5. No lesbians

6. No abortions

7. No killing/murdering

8. No racism

So on

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/jalamb86/gifs/popcorn.gif

This you OP?

U-sC26wpUGQ

Gameover89
06-10-2012, 02:51 AM

3. No homosexuals

5. No lesbians

6. No abortions

7. No killing/murdering

8. No racism

So on

Rape, Murder, Slavery & Racism are rampant throughout christianity and its bible.

Thanks for the spastic list. I cant even be bothered addressing your other points.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Because faith replaces logical thinking.

Also because according to the bible, the Abrahamic god (that of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism) killed over 2.5 million people including innocents.

Not only is he a mass murderer, he sends 99% of humans that ever existed to eternal torture.

Have we established the Abrahamic god is evil yet?

Each person is gifted with free will from God. With free will comes conquences of our decisions. God knew and understood this before He even created man, and He knew that He would make a way for man to be forgiven and be able to return to Him when we die.

Satan lost the battle at the cross and Jesus won. Jesus died for the sins of the world, but this doesn't mean that all men will be saved. Not everyone wants to be saved, and because God has given us free will to beleive or not beleive, we must accept the choices we make.

Jesus, who was God in the flesh, came down from Heaven to take on the punishment for sins. It is up to us whether or not we want that forgiveness. God will not force Himself upon anyone. He desires that each of us comes to Him and believe in Him, so we can be with Him for eternity. Heaven is not going to be a boring place.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Evidence for god, not evidence that islam has stuff written that is correct scientifically.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Each person is gifted with free will from God. With free will comes conquences of our decisions. God knew and understood this before He even created man, and He knew that He would make a way for man to be forgiven and be able to return to Him when we die.

Satan lost the battle at the cross and Jesus won. Jesus died for the sins of the world, but this doesn't mean that all men will be saved. Not everyone wants to be saved, and because God has given us free will to beleive or not beleive, we must accept the choices we make.

Jesus, who was God in the flesh, came down from Heaven to take on the punishment for sins. It is up to us whether or not we want that forgiveness. God will not force Himself upon anyone. He desires that each of us comes to Him and believe in Him, so we can be with Him for eternity. Heaven is not going to be a boring place.

Next thing your going to tell me is that snakes talk... oh wait your Christian oops. Also like I brought up before then why are people of other religions just cause they were raised that way? How about humans in the jungles disconnected from man kind with no knowledge of Christianity, why doesn't god show them since no one is, kind of unfair for them to be damned to hell because they were born differently.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Evidence for god, not evidence that islam has stuff written that is correct scientifically.

But... that's the word of God. In other words, God gave us information that we later discovered to be true. If in Qur'an we learned that earth was in the shape of a pyramid and later discovered it was really in the shape of a some-what sphere, right there Qur'an would have been defeated by the test of time. Over time we discovered that Qur'an was wrong.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 02:57 AM
But... that's the word of God. In other words, God gave us information that we later discovered to be true.

Show me evidence that that's the word of god............................................

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Show me evidence that that's the word of god............................................

In the video he mentions this:

[Surah 75:1-4]
1. I do call to witness the Resurrection Day;
2. And I do call to witness the self-reproaching Spirit.
3. Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones?
4. Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order, the very tip of his fingers.

Do you know what this is insinuating? You know what a finger print is, correct? Not one finger print is identical to another. On the Day of Resurrection, God will re-assemble us down to our very unique finger prints.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:04 AM
You mean lots of raping and murdering and a stone ages framework to sense of life.

Rape, murder is sin, God is against sin, which means God is against everything bad, rape is sin/evil murder is sin/evil

Tom117
06-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Rape, murder is sin, God is against sin, which means God is against everything bad, rape is sin/evil murder is sin/evil

Why is god against homosexuals they hurt nobody? Also why did god kill so many people in the bible? I feel bad even calling the creation of the bible a god.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:12 AM
Rape, Murder, Slavery & Racism are rampant throughout christianity and its bible.

Thanks for the spastic list. I cant even be bothered addressing your other points.

6th Commandment of God:
You shall not murder.

But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die. 26"But you shall do nothing to the girl; there is no sin in the girl worthy of death, for just as a man rises against his neighbor and murders him, so is this case. 27"When he found her in the field, the engaged girl cried out, but there was no one to save her,"

(Deut. 22:25-28).

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28

Tom117
06-10-2012, 03:14 AM

4. Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order, the very tip of his fingers.

Do you know what this is insinuating? You know what a finger print is, correct? Not one finger print is identical to another. On the Day of Resurrection, God will re-assemble us down to our very unique finger prints.

Not sure if srs.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Next thing your going to tell me is that snakes talk... oh wait your Christian oops. Also like I brought up before then why are people of other religions just cause they were raised that way? How about humans in the jungles disconnected from man kind with no knowledge of Christianity, why doesn't god show them since no one is, kind of unfair for them to be damned to hell because they were born differently.

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Romans 1:20

Indians/Native americans also did not have a specific religion, but they believed in God, just didn't have religion as there was no religion to follow, will they be punished? no because they never heard the gospel, but still believed in God

Tom117
06-10-2012, 03:19 AM
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Romans 1:20

Indians/Native americans also did not have a specific religion, but they believed in God, just didn't have religion as there was no religion to follow, will they be punished? no because they never heard the gospel, but still believed in God

Strong ignoring half the post... what about jews and muslims? Also why would god be so vague and dumb about showing us the way? Also why would god put his religion in the hands of ****phile priests?

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Not sure if srs.

Well I've given you a taste of evidence.

Enjoy.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Why is god against homosexuals they hurt nobody? Also why did god kill so many people in the bible? I feel bad even calling the creation of the bible a god.

Um God didn't kill anyone, the only time God killed people was in 10 plagues of egypt, and that was through moses, so God hasn't really killed anyone, prove me wrong

Homo is not the way God made us, God made gender for a reason, male + female = baby, the way its supposed to be, you're an utter idiot if you have nothing against homos, if every man was a phaggot humans would become extinct, and gender wouldn't be needed

God made female for men, not man for man

MiKey4
06-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Um God didn't kill anyone, the only time God killed people was in 10 plagues of egypt, and that was through moses, so God hasn't really killed anyone, prove me wrong

If God created everything, a result of which is that people die, then God kills everyone. Prove me wrong.

See how easy it is to say anything as long as it's impossible to prove the opposite? There is zero weight in such an argument.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 03:25 AM

.. oh lawd.

10 plagues for ten egyptian gods/godesses. God is jealous. It wasn't through Moses' own powers.. Moses wasn't anymore divine than any other Prophet (pbut)

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Strong ignoring half the post... what about jews and muslims? Also why would god be so vague and dumb about showing us the way? Also why would god put his religion in the hands of ****phile priests?

Strong ignoring OP

why shold i believe there's no God.

Why should i believe nothing created everything?

why should i believe life arose from non-life

why should i believe the complexity of our organisms, of the universe, synchronization and everything just happened without cause or purpose?

why should i believe what man-made computers say instead of believing in God?

Which came first? Time, Space, Matter or energy?

according to science Energy was never created nor can be destroyed, its infinite, then how can big bang be taught as fact when energy and big bang are contradicitive?

Where did the necessary materials to create the universe come from and

where did they exist if there was no space?

Where did life originally come from if it can not appear spontaneously?

Which came first? Male or Female?

Why do we find petrified trees standing up through supposedly “millions” of years worth of geological layers?

What were the first elements to be formed?

When and how did the stars come to be?

When did the laws of nature(i.e. Gravity) first come into effect?

Why is an unproven theory used as fact?

How did the universe start(please provide specified details)

How did life with specifications for hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?

How did the DNA code originate?

How could copying errors (mutations) create 3 billion letters of DNA instructions to change a microbe into a microbiologist?

Why is natural selection taught as ‘evolution’ as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?

How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?

Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed?

How did multi-cellular life originate?

How did sex originate?

Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?

How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years?

How did blind chemistry create mind/intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality?

Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated as ‘science’?

Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution?

Why is evolution, a theory about history, taught as if it is the same as the operational science?

Why is a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes?

Evolutionist Professor Paul Davies admitted, “Nobody knows how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell.” Andrew Knoll, professor of biology, Harvard, said, “we don’t really know how life originated on this planet”. A minimal cell needs several hundred proteins. Even if every atom in the universe were an experiment with all the correct amino acids present for every possible molecular vibration in the supposed evolutionary age of the universe, not even one average-sized functional protein would form. So how did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:35 AM
.. oh lawd.

10 plagues for ten egyptian gods/godesses. God is jealous. It wasn't through Moses' own powers.. Moses wasn't anymore divine than any other Prophet (pbut)

Dont get involved in my religion, my God doesn't say anything about Islam, if your God does then he isn't much of a God when he's obssesed with other Gods

LOGfan
06-10-2012, 03:37 AM

I like the part where you answered his question rather than post another vague little scripture...oh wait.

Is this all your worldview hinges on? Vague references to different aspects of life?

Smart ancient dudes deduced the Earth was round..therefore...God. People notice there finger designs are different...therefore...God.

bpp7i5bYLxI

Then you have the 18 year old Christian homophobe parroting what his preacher told him.

Too much stupid ITT. Religion, not even once.

http://i45.tinypic.com/14u0s3.jpg

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:38 AM
If God created everything, a result of which is that people die, then God kills everyone. Prove me wrong.

See how easy it is to say anything as long as it's impossible to prove the opposite? There is zero weight in such an argument.

If you believe in God you believe in eternal life.

If you dont believe in God you cant say God kills everyone as you dont believe in God

And in fact, life without death would be a torture, because life is boring, and if people would be immortal then food wouldn't be needed, nor water, people woudlnt work, unless they would benefit from it, because money would also not exist, compltely different laws would apply

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Dont get involved in my religion, my God doesn't say anything about Islam, if your God does then he isn't much of a God when he's obssesed with other Gods

First off I was raised as a Baptist Christian lol... I'm not even entirely sure you know who or what God is, especially when you claim that Jesus (pbuh) is your god.

Second of all, you need to re-read your bible and learn it.

Ezekiel 5:13

Then at last my anger will be spent, and I will be satisfied. And when my fury against them has subsided, all Israel will know that I, the LORD, have spoken to them in my jealous anger.

Deuteronomy 5:9

Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Exodus 20:5

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And that's all I really have to say to you.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 03:53 AM
First off I was raised as a Baptist Christian lol... I'm not even entirely sure you know who or what God is, especially when you claim that Jesus (pbuh) is your god.

Second of all, you need to re-read your bible and learn it.

And that's all I really have to say to you.

pbuh is mohammed, your prophet, not my God, the God i believe in is different from your God

theres nothing for me to re-read, i believe in Trinity

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 04:00 AM
pbuh is mohammed, your prophet, not my God, the God i believe in is different from your God

theres nothing for me to re-read, i believe in Trinity

pbuh = peace be upon him. We use it out of respect for our Prophets.. the same Prophets in your Bible and in the Torah. And Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) never claimed to be any sort of god. -.-

And no.. we don't worship any Prophet.

tk217
06-10-2012, 04:02 AM
pbuh = peace be upon him. We use it out of respect for our Prophets.. the same Prophets in your Bible and in the Torah. And Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) never claimed to be any sort of god. -.-

And no.. we don't worship any Prophet.

Thanks for that video Danny. I found it enlightening.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Thanks for that video Danny. I found it enlightening.

Masha'Allah!

tk217
06-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Masha'Allah!

I think the appropriate response is Wa alaykumus salaam to this....?

Or should it be Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon?

Tom117
06-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Well I've given you a taste of evidence.

Enjoy.

You haven't.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 04:12 AM
Strong ignoring OP

why shold i believe there's no God.

Why should i believe nothing created everything?

why should i believe life arose from non-life

why should i believe the complexity of our organisms, of the universe, synchronization and everything just happened without cause or purpose?

why should i believe what man-made computers say instead of believing in God?

according to science Energy was never created nor can be destroyed, its infinite, then how can big bang be taught as fact when energy and big bang are contradicitive?

Where did the necessary materials to create the universe come from and

where did they exist if there was no space?

Where did life originally come from if it can not appear spontaneously?

Which came first? Male or Female?

Why do we find petrified trees standing up through supposedly “millions” of years worth of geological layers?

What were the first elements to be formed?

When and how did the stars come to be?

When did the laws of nature(i.e. Gravity) first come into effect?

Why is an unproven theory used as fact?

How did the universe start(please provide specified details)

How did life with specifications for hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?

How did the DNA code originate?

How could copying errors (mutations) create 3 billion letters of DNA instructions to change a microbe into a microbiologist?

Why is natural selection taught as ‘evolution’ as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?

How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?

Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed?

How did multi-cellular life originate?

How did sex originate?

Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?

How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years?

How did blind chemistry create mind/intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality?

Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated as ‘science’?

Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution?

Why is evolution, a theory about history, taught as if it is the same as the operational science?

Why is a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes?

Evolutionist Professor Paul Davies admitted, “Nobody knows how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell.” Andrew Knoll, professor of biology, Harvard, said, “we don’t really know how life originated on this planet”. A minimal cell needs several hundred proteins. Even if every atom in the universe were an experiment with all the correct amino acids present for every possible molecular vibration in the supposed evolutionary age of the universe, not even one average-sized functional protein would form. So how did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?

This would take hours but I could easily prove you wrong. Also if god is true based on your logic then you wouldn't believe in an immortal god either because who made god? And if you say god was just there the whole time cause our rules don't apply to him then that can easily be said to anything else to prove god wrong so you yourself essentially prove it all to be wrong.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 04:13 AM

Homo is not the way God made us, God made gender for a reason, male + female = baby, the way its supposed to be, you're an utter idiot if you have nothing against homos, if every man was a phaggot humans would become extinct, and gender wouldn't be needed

God made female for men, not man for man

What? In the bible he kills millions of people? He killed more then satan? Also you are an utter idiot if you have anything against homos, a tiny minute minority of homos is not affecting our reproduction, if anything its a good thing with less people breeding so your entire argument is irrelevant.

Gameover89
06-10-2012, 04:20 AM
6th Commandment of God:
You shall not murder.

But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die. 26"But you shall do nothing to the girl; there is no sin in the girl worthy of death, for just as a man rises against his neighbor and murders him, so is this case. 27"When he found her in the field, the engaged girl cried out, but there was no one to save her,"

(Deut. 22:25-28)

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28

Thank you for this open slather.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT) -- Im sure women who are raped love being forced into marriage with the rapist.

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds." (Revelation 2:22-23)

tk217
06-10-2012, 04:24 AM
You haven't.

Hmm....

How to answer this...

validity: a property of arguments, i.e., that they have a good structure.(The premisses and conclusion are so related that it is absolutely impossible for the premisses to be true unless the conclusion is true also.)

truth: a property of statements, i.e., that they are the case.

soundness: a property of both arguments and the statements in them, i.e., the argument is valid and all the statement are true.

A sound argument is valid and true in premise.

A deductive argument can be valid but cannot assure us a statement is true. The only truth you will receive is if the assumption is if the conclusion is honest based on the truth of premise by which it is bound.

A deductive argument can be valid but unsound.

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 05:25 AM
This would take hours but I could easily prove you wrong. Also if god is true based on your logic then you wouldn't believe in an immortal god either because who made god? And if you say god was just there the whole time cause our rules don't apply to him then that can easily be said to anything else to prove god wrong so you yourself essentially prove it all to be wrong.

what if i say God is energy? the only thing that cannot be created nor destroyed and always according, according to science

also lol that you could answer these questions, typical atheist thinking he has answers for everything, these questions are un-answerable by the best scientists, kiddo

Sargamatha
06-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Thank you for this open slather.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT) -- Im sure women who are raped love being forced into marriage with the rapist.

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds." (Revelation 2:22-23)

Since when does absence of good disporove God?

Tom117
06-10-2012, 05:51 AM
what if i say God is energy? the only thing that cannot be created nor destroyed and always according, according to science

also lol that you could answer these questions, typical atheist thinking he has answers for everything, these questions are un-answerable by the best scientists, kiddo

Best troll in the universe?

Weightaholic
06-10-2012, 06:01 AM
I don't have to believe in a rather juvenile god who has a tantrum every time something doesn't go his way.

Good enough for me.

Christians, read your old testament. Such a brat.

Gameover89
06-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Since when does absence of good disporove God?

Not my problem.

It shows your source of morals is immoral.

MegaPump
06-10-2012, 08:57 PM

I said it in another post, but again, Islam has not stood the test of time. Muhammad and Islam has already been debunked by Xmuslims. If you can disprove him using Islamic text, he will pay you $50,000. The reward still stands unclaimed. People still believe in Islam and they will continue to believe until they find the truth, and that will take hundreds of years to get through to the masses who's minds have been perverted by this cancer. Have a good day.

I havnt watched that video, but im with the poster above you. I'm taking a guess and saying that these things are laws of nature. Nobody originated it, and its come from human mind, not that of divinity.

How about some basic cliff notes on what was spoken about ?

Stop spreading bs. Show me where in the Bible Jesus gives directions to rape, murder and take people as slaves ?

You know if you can believe in ANYTHING other than flesh and bones and organs, and you believe an anything remotely spiritual, what's so hard to believe about a talking snake. Now i'm not saying its true or isnt true. But if you believe in anything spiritual, i.e there is a spirit, therefore there is life after death, reincarnation, heaven or hell, and the big G word, God, then what's a talking snake ? A talking snake is NOTHING. If your athiest, then that's a different story, but good luck with that :D.

Tom117
06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Megapump I do try to be spiritual but not religious I'm agnostic and sure I could acknowledge the potential for a talking snake but not in this world, if anything I think the bible should be taken metaphorically then the talking snake would make perfect sense, some people actually believe the literal meaning which is complete nonsense according to our science.

illriginalized
06-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I said it in another post, but again, Islam has not stood the test of time. Muhammad and Islam has already been debunked by Xmuslims. If you can disprove him using Islamic text, he will pay you $50,000. The reward still stands unclaimed. People still believe in Islam and they will continue to believe until they find the truth, and that will take hundreds of years to get through to the masses who's minds have been perverted by this cancer. Have a good day.

Source?
Edit:
lol you talking about Al Sina?

Editx2: never mind.. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Gameover89
06-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Stop spreading bs. Show me where in the Bible Jesus gives directions to rape, murder and take people as slaves ?

I already gave you like 4 examples of were the bible justifies Murder, Rape, Slavery. It obviously doesnt say "Rape is good". It does a nice job of justification though. Such as "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father".

So he has to be caught in the act as well.... Otherwise no silver for the father.

MegaPump
06-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I already gave you like 4 examples of were the bible justifies Murder, Rape, Slavery. It obviously doesnt say "Rape is good". It does a nice job of justification though. Such as "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father".

So he has to be caught in the act as well.... Otherwise no silver for the father.

As a penalty you dumb f**k.

Gameover89
06-10-2012, 10:33 PM
As a penalty you dumb f**k.

Good penalty.

1. Pay the father 50 peices of silver (Silver prices goin up)
2. Force the victim to marry the rapist (Im sure she would appreciate that)

Dumb can only be applied to your thought process.

rustledjimmies
06-10-2012, 10:51 PM

find out the meaning to life. and meet some cool people while youre at it :)

Tom117
06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
find out the meaning to life. and meet some cool people while youre at it :)

Not sure if srs.