PDA

View Full Version : Supplements and gaining weight, my son..

bodyhard
06-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Most here know I am a proponent of using supps to to supplement your diet and I truly believe in order to achieve a great physique one most supplement their diet with supps. I don't think you need supps to get shredded nor to get big/strong, but I do believe, to acquire that all around build, size plus definition i.e. bodybuilder style built (not of their magnitude but the "look") you have to use some kind of supplementation (no not steroids you f'cking idiot) to assist.

OK with that said, my son is driving me nuts! He is thin and he wants to gain 30lbs, I told him he needs to up his diet, that he needs to eat eat and eat and he tells me, "but I want to gain it fast can I take the supps you are taking?" :mad:

So I tell him, no amount of supps are going to give you the results you want if you don't eat and he says "I don't think so" Arrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!

I am seriously trying to convince him to eat and I just can't get through to him because he is under the impression (my fault I guess) that I have gotten to where I am at with my supps alone and he is not aware of how many meals I eat a day. :(

End of rant/

Gary89
06-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Is it possible for your son to be around for all your meal times and see what it really takes? Some folks gotta see it..

bigvin73
06-09-2012, 02:57 PM
BH how old is he? That will have a lot to do with it not to mention the impatciance of youth man. Does he train with you? If he does show him make him eat with you too man

hochspeyer
06-10-2012, 08:10 AM
I think another key to bodybuilding that he needs to understand is patience.

V-240
06-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Have Patty snap pics of all of your food for one day and send to him. LOL!!

Mindi912
06-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Have Patty snap pics of all of your food for one day and send to him. LOL!!

I was going to suggest both of them keep a food diary just for one week so the difference is evident.