PDA

View Full Version : Did LeBron turn the corner?

TSTBrah
06-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Did LBJ become the player everyone has wanted him to be last night? I can't see how he could have that scowl one game and then turn light-hearted again. I expect him to have laser-focus for the rest of the playoffs and once he see's the results of it, he'll stick with it. This wasn't just him putting up a ridiculous line and shooting the lights out because no one can do that on a nightly basis but I mean the look, focus, killer-instinct, refusal to lose. LeBron was not going to lose yesterday and everyone in the TD Garden knew it. Now the question is, is this the new LeBron?

Randoja
06-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Nope

GPx
06-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Nah. That "scowl" was so forced even Bucher was laughing about it.

Armstrongha
06-09-2012, 12:15 AM
He's too timid to keep that streak going like we all know he can/could.

However I do believe if he can get past the Celtics @ home they will steam roll the Thunder with Bosh back and all.

TSTBrah
06-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Nah. That "scowl" was so forced even Bucher was laughing about it.

You're talking about the 6 second gif bro. I'm talking about the whole game dead, emotionless, blank look. No jokes, no games, just a straight killer.

The only time he showed emotion was after the tech he got for slamming the ball he headed to the bench yelling at the coaches to quote "Get me the damn ball." That's a LBJ I've never seen. He's had these performances but never with that mentality.

GPx
06-09-2012, 12:17 AM
You're talking about the 6 second gif bro. I'm talking about the whole game dead, emotionless, blank look. No jokes, no games, just a straight killer.

The only time he showed emotion was after the tech he got for slamming the ball he headed to the bench yelling at the coaches to quote "Get me the damn ball." That's a LBJ I've never seen. He's had these performances but never with that mentality.

I guess we'll find out if it was an act tomorrow.

About time he got some "killer" in him.

ajn
06-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Nope.

Players don't just suddenly "change" after 10 years in the league. MJ and Kobe, had that same mentality throughout their careers starting from before HS.. they didn't all of a sudden get it because they were getting bashed by the media, they were born with it.

Lebron is who he is. He was hot last game but I expect him to revert back to baseline.

TheBrightTimes
06-09-2012, 11:45 AM
LAKERS. Just remember, Kobe has more rings than your favorite player. No amount of heroic online research will change that.

my fav player is robert horry....

awkward

AirCanada
06-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Hopefully, but it'll be more telling if he has that demeanor in tonight's game/the Finals if they make it there. I'm a Lebron hater and I hope he's turned the corner because it makes for a more entertaining league.

JaxBrah
06-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Lebetas issues are mental and you cant just fix that overnight.

All Pierce has to do is fuk with lebeta like granger did and its over

WhiskeyBent3
06-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Lebetas issues are mental and you cant just fix that overnight.

All Pierce has to do is fuk with lebeta like granger did and its over

didnt realize that granger and the pacers won that series

JaxBrah
06-09-2012, 12:12 PM

However I do believe if he can get past the Celtics @ home they will steam roll the Thunder with Bosh back and all.

Lol @ steamrolling the thunder. The thunder just manhandeled the best team in the nba. Yes better than the heat. And Durant+Westbrook are a better duo than Lebron+Wade at this point imo. Plus the thunders bench is lighrltyears ahead of miamis

KoolKidRyan
06-09-2012, 12:19 PM

if Miami beats Boston (unlikely) they will be playing a team who beat that same spurs team that won 20 straight games. Not to mention wade isn't his normal self, Bosh is injured. And Lebron still can't shoot on a consistent basis. The bottom line is okc plays as a team, the heat will have to rely on a player who is proven to choke in clutch games.

NJLife
06-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Nope.

Players don't just suddenly "change" after 10 years in the league. MJ and Kobe, had that same mentality throughout their careers starting from before HS.. they didn't all of a sudden get it because they were getting bashed by the media, they were born with it.

Lebron is who he is. He was hot last game but I expect him to revert back to baseline.

yep revert back to baseline of 30/7/7 LOL

NoochBrah
06-09-2012, 01:08 PM
you do realize lebron has had huge playoff games before? why does everyone prematurely bust a nut when he does? not of it matters without a ship.

jamnajh
06-09-2012, 01:22 PM
my fav player is robert horry....

awkward

Swear I thought the same thing. Repped

PatrickBateman1
06-09-2012, 01:34 PM
He certainly gained some respect IMO, but it takes more than one game to completely change how a person is viewed. I'm a huge Lebron critic, but the way he just absolutely took over the game is what I have always wanted to see from him. He's done it before but that game felt a bit different.

That said, I can't remember who said this, but it made a ton of sense... "Lebron is a pleaser, not a killer". If Lebron learns how to be a killer and just stop being such a drama queen (he's making progress), then damn, it would be nasty.

SoccerMuscle5
06-09-2012, 01:36 PM
I think he def. turned the corner last night. He plays more like Magic Johnson always wanting to pass the ball in the big-shot situations but last night he kicked himself into another gear and really put his team on his back. Great game from him.

Negatron617
06-09-2012, 01:37 PM
maybe

we will get a much better idea tonite

but if im not mistaken, lebron had dropped 40+ in the playoffs at least 10 times before that last game so its not he did something hes never done.....what he did do was step up in an elimination game which was big

isp
06-09-2012, 01:38 PM

so you say "IF" they can get past the celtics then they'll steamroll the thunder? just like they steamrolled the knicks and pacers?
Frankly, the spurs/thunder series was basically the legit finals... but because of basketball reasons (rating$) we have to have and east vs west

unleashed132
06-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I think he def. turned the corner last night. He plays more like Magic Johnson always wanting to pass the ball in the big-shot situations but last night he kicked himself into another gear and really put his team on his back. Great game from him.

Lebron has been watching too much ESPN imo.. In all the great games hes played in during the regular season when he was playing a style that Magic compared himself to, that in turn got into Lebrons head.. In some way he started to play more like him, pass the ball in big situations rather then take the shot Jordan would take..