PDA

View Full Version : French Open Tennis - Men's Finalists

caj
06-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Nadal spanked Ferrer 6-2, 6-2, 6-1

Djokovic defeated Federer 6-4, 7-5, 6-3

I know Djok has had Nadal's number lately, but I think Rafa will win this Sunday. Going for his 7th French title.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/french12/story/_/id/8025053/2012-french-open-rafael-nadal-face-novak-djokovic-final

grizz101
06-08-2012, 11:47 AM
the problem with tennis is nobody gives a **** because when the **** is the last time somebody not named Djokovic/Nadal/Federer won a major tournament?

caj
06-08-2012, 11:49 AM
the problem with tennis is nobody gives a **** because when the **** is the last time somebody not named Djokovic/Nadal/Federer won a major tournament?

Yeah, I think it was De Poltro in 2009.

Makes for good rivalries, but it does get old. I'm just glad Roger Federer didn't make the final. Go Rafa

blip63
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm a djoko fan and I'm pulling for him on Sunday. That said, Rafa has been killing it during this tournament and Djokovic has been squeaking by(except for today) so I think Nadal takes it.

blip63
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Federer is fading fast. I think it will be Tsonga who steps up and gives Nadal and Djokovic a run for their money.

caj
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Djokovic and Maria Sharapova are both trying to complete a career Grand Slam. They both need a French Open title in order to have won all four Grand Slams.

If Djovovic wins Sunday, he will be the first man since Rod Laver to be the title holder of all four grand slams at the same time. He is the current champion of Wimbledon, US Open, and Australian Open.

PostMoves
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM
nadal beat djokovic in the italian open a few weeks ago, that was on clay. go rafa!!

caj
06-08-2012, 03:58 PM
nadal beat djokovic in the italian open a few weeks ago, that was on clay. go rafa!!

Yeah, I'm rooting for Rafa too. By winning, he'll break Bjorn Borg's singles title record (six going for seven wins)

Either way, the guy will make history.

Mablung
06-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Federer for life. GOAT. However if he is gonna win another slam it'll prob be Wimbledon (grass his best surface) or US Open as he is always healthy and other top players might have some knocks at the end of the year.

edit: Hope Djokovic destroys Nadal.

Moody72
06-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Rooting for the king of clay

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/171650_o.gif

gswarrior510
06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Rafa=goat

89FoxBody
06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Federer is definitely starting to show his age, hasn't done **** since 2010. That said, Nadal is a phaggot, I hope Novak destroys him.

judgefudge
06-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Federer is fading fast. I think it will be Tsonga who steps up and gives Nadal and Djokovic a run for their money.

I can see Tsonga winning Wimbledon this year, he was surprisingly great at the French and should have taken out Novak if he didn't go Playstation mode on every fuking match point. Jo's way better on grass and both Nadal and Djokovic can have problems with big servers and he's the best and most complete big server out there.

Whatever happens Sunday it will be a war, history is made whoever wins - thinking 6 hours for 4 sets to be completed with Djokovic winning and going Hulk on everyone afterwards.

ohiostate124
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Federer is definitely starting to show his age, hasn't done **** since the Roddick match.

Lettuce be cereal for a minute. Fed has been on a great run since losing to Djoker at the us open last year. He even took the number 2 ranking back for a bit. He made the semifinals of the french open. He is fine. Sure, he will probably need some help to win another major or two but theres no reason for all the doom and gloom that always happens when Fed loses.

Would have been nice though if he could have held on to #2 for one more week to get the 2seed.

travellingbrah
06-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I want Rafa to win. Seems like a humble guy, great athlete too.

Was always more of a Federer guy for his finesse, but Nadal is a beast...

It's too bad there is so little competition at the top of tennis though.

MaxN
06-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Federer is definitely starting to show his age, hasn't done **** since 2010. That said, Nadal is a phaggot, I hope Novak destroys him.

lolwut

he has won 3 of the last 6 masters 1000 titles and even though he hasnt won a grand slam he has basically made it to the semis/finals each time losing to nadal and djokovic, save the couple quarterfinal loses

anyways, rooting for rafa in the final

judgefudge
06-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Lettuce be cereal for a minute. Fed has been on a great run since losing to Djoker at the us open last year. He even took the number 2 ranking back for a bit. He made the semifinals of the french open. He is fine. Sure, he will probably need some help to win another major or two but theres no reason for all the doom and gloom that always happens when Fed loses.

Would have been nice though if he could have held on to #2 for one more week to get the 2seed.

Kind of funny how losing to Roddick of all people for only the second time could be what stops Fed from breaking the weeks at number 1 record - win that match and he probably enters the French at 2 with better chances at the final and Nadal/Djokovic killing each other in semis before facing him.

ohiostate124
06-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Kind of funny how losing to Roddick of all people for only the second time could be what stops Fed from breaking the weeks at number 1 record - win that match and he probably enters the French at 2 with better chances at the final and Nadal/Djokovic killing each other in semis before facing him.

Yep. That is just the kind of break that would really help him win a major. I still think he can get it done but its going to be so difficult if he has to play djokovic and nadal back to back to do it. I would love to see him get #1 back just long enough to break that record but omg that would suck if that loss ends up resulting in it not happening.

_chef_
06-10-2012, 08:45 AM
BUMP for working stream of this match!

caj
06-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Rafa wins his 7th French Open title. Great match - too bad it ended on a double fault from Djokovic

RoastedBenis
06-11-2012, 06:51 AM
I would love to see Rafa win this cup, just so he can even up the losing streak against djokovic.

gswarrior510
06-11-2012, 09:42 AM
**** yeah. Rafa gonna rafa