PDA

View Full Version : If the Niners don't win the Superbowl this year, will they be the NFL laughingstock?

rnaco
06-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Seriously they stocked up on "weapons" for Alex Smith, and he even worked with a MLB pitching coach in the offseason (perhaps so he could throw the deep ball?)

Also all defensive guys are back so there is no excuse.

SolidCarmine
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
LOL'd at there is no excuse.

I'm a Niner fan but there is plenty of talent on other rosters. You think Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, MJD, Megatron, Jennings, Fitzgerald, Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Suh, etc. etc. etc. are just going to let the Niners hoist the Lombardi? Other teams want ti just as bad as the 9ers.

It'll be a battle every week. Winning the Super Bowl isn't about who's the best team, it's about which team gets hot at the right time.

They had 1 great year under a new coach's first season in a rebuilding year, how will they become the laughing stock in year 2 if they don't produce the same results?

DMRed
06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I think a lot of the weapons they picked up are yet to be proven effective in their system so I'm pretty sure they will not be a laughingstock. They were the laughingstock two years ago in the NFL.

Besides if the AFC has an amazing year, their blunders will be forgotten

Dave P
06-08-2012, 11:16 AM
As a lifelong 49er fan I dont even care.

I just know it almost brings a tear to my eye to see a thread like this and to even be looked at in that way again.

Its been so long....

gentao
06-08-2012, 11:20 AM
**Licked a white 17 yr old's butthole Crew**
**Never had sex with a black girl Crew**
**Was in Gifted Program in High School Crew**

NoS_oUtLaSt
06-08-2012, 11:21 AM
lol not really. I mean NFC is stacked and loaded. Just getting back to the NFC Championship would be pretty incredible.

PrimeraRS
06-08-2012, 11:22 AM
They have more than enough to make it this year. Gonna be a good year for NFL

iamgenus
06-08-2012, 11:46 AM
It's all about Alex Smith still...we'll see how he does this year.

CR123
06-08-2012, 12:00 PM
If 2007-2008 Moss, motivated with his head on his shoulders shows up and Manningham can stay healthy they have a real chance of winning it all. With these additions and Harbaugh's style of keeping Smith efficient Smith can do real damage this year. They have an elite Running back, Elite TE and now have a former elite, possibly physically the most dominant receiver ever before Megatron.

DefensiveEnd896
06-08-2012, 12:08 PM
LOL'd at there is no excuse.

I'm a Niner fan but there is plenty of talent on other rosters. You think Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, MJD, Megatron, Jennings, Fitzgerald, Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Suh, etc. etc. etc. are just going to let the Niners hoist the Lombardi? Other teams want ti just as bad as the 9ers.

It'll be a battle every week. Winning the Super Bowl isn't about who's the best team, it's about which team gets hot at the right time.

They had 1 great year under a new coach's first season in a rebuilding year, how will they become the laughing stock in year 2 if they don't produce the same results?

I disagree w that. The 18-1 Pats were as hot as any team in NFL history when they made it to the SB and they lost.

Sometimes u can make the argument but to act like that happens every year is ridiculous.

If u r better than the team u r playing against, whether they r hot or not shouldn't be an excuse, prove it on the field..

But to answer OPs question teams that r a laughing stock r the teams that have the worst records, that wont be the 49ers.

GreatSaiyaman
06-08-2012, 12:10 PM
They won't win with Alex Smith. Sorry bros...

SolidCarmine
06-08-2012, 12:21 PM
They won't win with Alex Smith. Sorry bros...

Seattle Sports

Seahags fan

lol k

GreatSaiyaman
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Seattle Sports

Seahags fan

lol k

Never said Seahawks would go to Super Bowl. I'd be stoked if they made the playoffs. Just saying Alex Smith is terrible

WRXbrah
06-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Its going to be tough will the potential Seahawks have this year but Im hoping for the best.

iamgenus
06-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Never said Seahawks would go to Super Bowl. I'd be stoked if they made the playoffs. Just saying Alex Smith is terrible

He was born in Seattle so that could be a part of it.

Ecnewyx
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
If the 49ers don't make the playoffs they would be.

Sort of like the Eagles were last year. If you load up for a Championship run better at least make the playoffs.

kmart07
06-08-2012, 02:54 PM

you mad your seahawks suck?

mentalmark
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM
the seahawks already have a better qb than the 49ers.

and lol at 2007 moss playing for the niners. 2007 moss had a better qb throwing to him. its actually an insult that brady and alex smith are even in the same league.

iamgenus
06-08-2012, 03:26 PM
If the 49ers don't make the playoffs they would be.

Sort of like the Eagles were last year. If you load up for a Championship run better at least make the playoffs.

Comparison couldn't be further off.

Eagles went out and signed some of the top free agents on the market and making a huge splash when they were already a top level team.

49ers signed an old Randy Moss who was out of football last year and the year before played for 3 different teams with mediocre at best results.

They signed Mario Manningham who was a #3 receiver for the Giants essentially replacing Josh Morgan who they lost.

They also signed Brandon Jacobs and Josh Johnson and added some backup guys like Rock Cartwright and Perrish Cox. None of them were big money guys and Moss and Manningham were free agents at the obvious #1 need for the team.

Did they improve their team? Hopefully but not even close to what the Eagles did.

iamgenus
06-08-2012, 03:26 PM
the seahawks already have a better qb than the 49ers.

and lol at 2007 moss playing for the niners. 2007 moss had a better qb throwing to him. its actually an insult that brady and alex smith are even in the same league.

That remains to be seen. Arizona fans were saying the same thing last offseason.

Granted I like Flynn a lot more than I liked Kolb but neither was a proven commodity.

RudeKong
06-08-2012, 03:53 PM
If the niners win the NFC west ill be surprised.

iamgenus
06-08-2012, 04:02 PM
If the niners win the NFC west ill be surprised.

Would love to hear the logic for that. Did you sleep through last year?

SolidCarmine
06-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Would love to hear the logic for that. Did you sleep through last year?

lol, people don't want to give the 49ers their due respect.

NoochBrah
06-08-2012, 04:54 PM
spot reserved for the jets

SolidCarmine
06-08-2012, 04:56 PM
spot reserved for the jets

http://www.ferricide.com/garbaggio/forum/no.gif

wolveriner
06-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Because in this guys head...football= tennis. Only one person decides the outcome. GTFO.