PDA

View Full Version : Wow no triple crown this year

waytoodeep03
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/ill-have-another-belmont-2012-6

Here I was going to put down 100 on the horse.

RedAccord
06-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Not official yet, press conference at 1

Dan916
06-08-2012, 09:40 AM
holy **** that sucks if true... I gave me old man $100 to bet him for me.

schnappi
06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Big Brown all over again

DMRed
06-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Nothing worse than not even racing in the last of the Triple Crown races. Kills the excitement around the event

JaxBrah
06-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Theres speculation this is mafia related. This **** happens way to often with triple crown hopefuls.

Im fuking raging, was so pumped for this.

FlaFlaFlooey
06-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Theres speculation this is mafia related. This **** happens way to often with triple crown hopefuls.

Which mafia?

IShootCMen
06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
This is fishy

They would've sent out the horse anyways even if it was close to death for financial reasons

BadaBingBdaBoom
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Mafia? Hmmmm. Why am I not shocked? The race is in NY after all.

LC44
06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Sucks...I was excited for this

waytoodeep03
06-08-2012, 11:15 AM

wow really?

westbigballin
06-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Extremely unfortunate. One of my friends (srs) is Doug O'Neill's nephew. He's always been into horse racing. I remember in class back in HS he would send most of his time looking at horse racing sh*t like The Thoroughbred Times. He was at the Derby and Preakness too when I'll Have Another won.

LostOne287
06-08-2012, 02:35 PM
This fuking sucks. It would've been better if he just ran the race and lost. Just another blow to the sport.

waytoodeep03
06-08-2012, 02:53 PM
This fuking sucks. It would've been better if he just ran the race and lost. Just another blow to the sport.

too much like boxing. alot of outside control

NewYorkMets
06-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Maybe the owners really did care for the horses health and didnt want him to suffer a bad injury while on national tv, not buying the whole mafia thing.

GhostRider111
06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
That is too bad. I have been a horse race owner/trainer since I was 15. Harness race horses. IHA has the start of what's called a bowed tendon. It's basically the tendon that runs from the start of your wrist up to the elbow. They can be healed, or at least dealt with, with time off and lots of blistering or liquid nitrogen freezing of the area, but to race him, especially when he has a bigtime career ahead of him as a stud meister breeding other horses, would be just stupid. I have dealt with many a bowed tendon on horses throughout my training career, and it for sure would have affected him and made it worse if he had raced. Owner and trainer did the smart thing.

21Classic
06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Cant describe how disappointed I am

I was PUMPED for that race.

My thinking is split:

A. Thats awesome they chose not to run a potentially injured horse. Srsly does my heart good.

B. The horse isnt injured. The report said he has a little swelling and what looks to be the start of tendonitis. Theres was plenty of time still for the horse to rehab and be 100% for the race. Additionally, tenodonitis will not kill you. Ive had it. It hurts but its no big deal. Why not rest the horse, run the race, and then retire? Much like football, no players (horses) are 100% all of the time.

This makes me feel like O'Niel is trying to create a "He wouldve won the triple crown had he run" no-lose scenario so people will be talking what-if's for the rest of time.

Thats bull**** because I have no doubt he wouldve run. That horse comes on strong at the ends of races and the Belmont is a long race. This way, he techincally doesnt lose and so hes forever an elite horse.

bullshiit/10. Im raging. What are they going to do with all those Triple Crown commercials now? lol. This event just went from epic to devastating to the future of horse racing.

GhostRider111
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Here is what I'll have Another started to have....a bowed tendon. Only thing that will heal it is time and treatment.

http://vetmoves.com/equine/bowed-tendons/

GhostRider111
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Cant describe how disappointed I am

I was PUMPED for that race.

My thinking is split:

A. Thats awesome they chose not to run a potentially injured horse. Srsly does my heart good.

B. The horse isnt injured. The report said he has a little swelling and what looks to be the start of tendonitis. Theres was plenty of time still for the horse to rehab and be 100% for the race. Additionally, tenodonitis will not kill you. Ive had it. It hurts but its no big deal. Why not rest the horse, run the race, and then retire? Much like football, no players (horses) are 100% all of the time.

This makes me feel like O'Niel is trying to create a "He wouldve won the triple crown had he run" no-lose scenario so people will be talking what-if's for the rest of time.

Thats bull**** because I have no doubt he wouldve run. That horse comes on strong at the ends of races and the Belmont is a long race. This way, he techincally doesnt lose and so hes forever an elite horse.

bullshiit/10

Please refer to my prior 2 posts. He has the startings of a bowed tendon. While he probably could have raced on it and been ok, especially if they had injected the area with cortisone, it isn't worth the risk of him suffering a catastrophic injury and having to be put down and then no stud career. I have had many horses in my stable with bowed tendons much much worse than what IHA has currently. But they all usually have to get 3-6 months off with treatment, and the tendon never looks the same. Plus those were all cheaper horses that we raced no matter what. IHA is worth millions breeding.

waytoodeep03
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Please refer to my prior 2 posts. He has the startings of a bowed tendon. While he probably could have raced on it and been ok, especially if they had injected the area with cortisone, it isn't worth the risk of him suffering a catastrophic injury and having to be put down and then no stud career. I have had many horses in my stable with bowed tendons much much worse than what IHA has currently. But they all usually have to get 3-6 months off with treatment, and the tendon never looks the same. Plus those were all cheaper horses that we raced no matter what. IHA is worth millions breeding.

I dont know. Funny things suddenly happen to horses when the triple crown is on the line.

GhostRider111
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
I dont know. Funny things suddenly happen to horses when the triple crown is on the line.
The triple crown is a hard event to win. Grueling.

LostOne287
06-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Yeah running two races in two weeks against the top 3 year olds in the country takes a toll. They aren't going to put him out there at anything less than 100%, why would they want to risk him potentially suffering a horrible injury in front of the entire world? He has a long stud career ahead of him, there's no reason whatsoever to risk it.

Shinya-Aoki
06-08-2012, 06:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vBglx.jpg

TajTebwee
06-08-2012, 06:38 PM
This is fishy

They would've sent out the horse anyways even if it was close to death for financial reasons

umm not really. this is a 10 million dollar horse we are talking about here.

jimbogr
06-08-2012, 07:25 PM
That is too bad. I have been a horse race owner/trainer since I was 15. Harness race horses. IHA has the start of what's called a bowed tendon. It's basically the tendon that runs from the start of your wrist up to the elbow. They can be healed, or at least dealt with, with time off and lots of blistering or liquid nitrogen freezing of the area, but to race him, especially when he has a bigtime career ahead of him as a stud meister breeding other horses, would be just stupid. I have dealt with many a bowed tendon on horses throughout my training career, and it for sure would have affected him and made it worse if he had raced. Owner and trainer did the smart thing.

impressive horse knowledge srs

evansanity
06-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Im betting on My Adonis or UU. 75% sure for MA. I bet he goes :47 :52 and finishes with a :46. I picked IHA the first two races and made bank.(srs)

ieatalldachiqen
06-08-2012, 08:37 PM
The horse has the start of tendonitis. Could he still run? Yes. Would he be 100%? No. Would he potentially put in a life threatening situation if he did? Absolutely not. I'm sick of hearing people saying, "It was in the horse's best interest", when clearly the connections were only thinking of themselves and their bank account. Just think of the following: cloud over NYRA, cloud over the trainer, Belmont stewards banning nasal strips though nasal strips are not illegal in NY, the horse's near training accident with a loose filly, huge security barn issues resulting in the trainer threatening to pull the horse then today pulling the horse and retiring it with a mild ailment that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, the horse appearing grazing and looking healthy and hearty and finally the announcement the horse will lead the Belmont Stakes post parade. You tell me, what the hell is going on here?

Also. Belmont Park really screwed up. They should have had IHA scratch during the post parade. Now instead of getting 100k+ in attendance, they will be lucky to get 75k.

21Classic
06-09-2012, 01:18 AM

Naw i know, Id say Im 80% happy they sat an hurt horse/ 20% disappointed. Srsly, I previously had no faith in horse racing and this does my heart good to see them take this precaution even with history on the line.

But it nags me. How can it not nag anyone? There might be a 10% chance something happens in the race. Is that worth more than the chance of being immortalized? (IMO no, which is why im happy). But still, it ****ing Suuuucks.

I srsly thought IHA was (and probably would still now) gonna win it. The horse has amazing endurance and only the won the previous races by his heart at the end. Those other speed demons like Bodemeister and union rags cant keep that pace.

To have a let down of this magnitude, I think horse racing is ****ed.

GhostRider111
06-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Since I have always been a race horse owner and trainer, and also a stock daytrader, I am trying to combine the two areas. BTW I just daytrade now. While daytrading I have become very involved with a company here in LA, MMR Global. Have owned the stock in the past and have gotten to know the ceo very well. Multi millionaire who lives in B Hills. Drives a Bentley. Was featured on Jeffs Lewis's show Interior Therapy on Bravo this spring. MMR is a penny stock company trading around a penny, was as high as 35 cents and a $60 M market cap 2 years ago. Very real company that specializes in personal health records and electronic health records, which Obama has said all Doctors must provide to their patients by 2014. My idea is this. When I had a stable of 30-40 horses, it was not uncommon for me to have 3-4 different vets over every week working on the horses. I would say either me or my owners would easily spend $1500 on average per horse for vet bills, with numerous things being done ALL the time. Was a real pain to keep track of everything going on as everything done by the vet was on paper of course. My idea is to create a electronic personal health record for the race horse. So far PHR's have been a hard sell for the human market, as they cost about $100 per year, but knowing that we could spend up to $4000 or so per month per horse, $100 per year is nothing to spend on a horse, especially for an owner and trainer who would like to keep track of everything that goes on everyday with the horse. Many owners literally treat their horses like family, and they take great interest in what goes on. When I trained I would get 10 calls a day from different owners wondering how their horses were and what was done. Now in stead they could go right online and look at everything done that day. Xrays, MRI's, injections, everything can be seen in each horses personal health record.

Plus, I have an idea for the various racing commissions as well. They are always trying to cut down on illegal drug use on the horse. My idea is to make each horse have a PHR so that everything a vet does to a horse HAS to be uploaded into the horses PHR that day. That way there can never be any done that is illegal, nor can there be anything done, like lets say getting a race horses knees injected with cortisone, too close to race day (3 days out is the usual cutoff). This imo would greatly curtail drug use in the race horse industry and give the betting public a better idea that everything is on the up and up.

Here is the company I have brought this idea too and what they do. Everything on this site can be changed to be used the the race horse owner or trainer. I really thing this idea could be worth millions. Many millions. Thoughts?

https://www.mymedicalrecords.com/login.jsp