PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Arnold? Are you bored?

redmelly
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
http://youtu.be/pDxn0Xfqkgw

Karl_Hungus
06-07-2012, 08:48 PM
One of my favorites is from the movie "Predator". After he stabs some goon against the wall with a giant knife, he smirks and says "stick around". :D

dbx
06-07-2012, 08:56 PM
LOL, one of his first, Commando, is filled with one-liners that would come to define him. It's also awesome that when after a car scene/chase that ends in hitting a telephone poll, the car appears minutes later...untouched :D. Cheap budget I guess....

And for the record, beside some very well done movies he's participated in, me and a few pals always loved watching them just for the...corny "Arnold-ness" in each. We would always howl at the over-the-top one-liners. IOW, I probably love his movies for very different reasons than a lot of folks, lol, but I love them, just the same...

latebloomingmom
06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Arnold must be loved for his sheer Shooosheenooginess..Predator,Terminator..even Kindergarten Cop.

GuyJin
06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
If you're talking about Arnold the person/politician/cheater that he is, then his act wore thin a long time ago.

For his movies, though, no, they're still enjoyable, bad puns and one-liners and whatnot. dbx already mentioned Commando and the "untouched car" but what got me was when he held up 'Sully' over the cliff, you could see the guy-wire strapped to the actor's leg! Yeah, Arnold's strong but come on! Low-budget is low-budget.

He always came in shape, though, and looked good on the screen. He gave his fans their money's worth and proved you didn't have to speak the Queen's English (or any English, in some of his flicks:D) to become the number one box office star in the world. Still love Predator, The Running Man, and Collateral Damage, probably his best acting job, ever.

V-240
06-08-2012, 12:00 AM
"It's nawt a toomah!"

:D

Realizing
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM
AWESOME!!!! thank you :)

flairon
06-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Blow off some steam Bennet

jdtemple
06-08-2012, 06:12 AM
Has anyone ever seen him as Hercules? His voice was dubbed over with some cheesy voice acting. Funny stuff!

NitrogenWidget
06-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Has anyone ever seen him as Hercules? His voice was dubbed over with some cheesy voice acting. Funny stuff!

I found a copy in the bargain bin with original voices but havn't popped it in yet.

I was looking at annoying Hawaiian shirts at a thrift store and thought of the Running Man

"Amber: I warn you I get sick. Car sick, air sick. And I'm going to throw up all over *you*.
Richards: Go for it. Won't show on this shirt... "

itsagoodday
06-08-2012, 08:09 AM

LOL, I'd forgotten about that one. It won, what, 8 Academy Awards? ;)

E7rDSpYnTVI

drudixon
06-08-2012, 08:35 AM
LOL, one of his first, Commando, is filled with one-liners that would come to define him. It's also awesome that when after a car scene/chase that ends in hitting a telephone poll, the car appears minutes later...untouched :D. Cheap budget I guess....

And for the record, beside some very well done movies he's participated in, me and a few pals always loved watching them just for the...corny "Arnold-ness" in each. We would always howl at the over-the-top one-liners. IOW, I probably love his movies for very different reasons than a lot of folks, lol, but I love them, just the same...

If you watch Commando closely, you'll see Arnold kills this one guy at least 5 times throughout the movie. I'm guessing it's cheaper to kill the same people repeatedly than cast more people.

mslman71
06-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Come on, Cohaagen! You got what you want. Give these people airggrrrgaghhh!

GuyJin
06-08-2012, 04:24 PM
"Are you a faa-maah? Here's a couple of ay-kahs!"

(The Last Action Hero, one of his better movies).

Corbi
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
I bought Commando when it 1st came out on VHS, my oldest daughter who was maybe 4 at the time loved that movie...yea yea I know but it didn't mess her up. Anyways I would wake up and find her downstairs watching that movie quite often, once I asked her what her fascination was with it and she told me she loved the big knife and his big muscles.

I bought it on DVD recently just for nostaglic reasons.

dbx
06-08-2012, 08:31 PM
If you watch Commando closely, you'll see Arnold kills this one guy at least 5 times throughout the movie. I'm guessing it's cheaper to kill the same people repeatedly than cast more people.

LOL, I think I will have to rent this movie and invite a few buds over. I missed that aspect. If true, it will be a night of howling at a great, B rated movie, starring the one and only...:D. I was dead serious, it's his cheesiness that makes me love his movies, not his actual ability. LOL, am I alone here? :D :D

Brackneyc
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
LOL, I think I will have to rent this movie and invite a few buds over. I missed that aspect. If true, it will be a night of howling at a great, B rated movie, starring the one and only...:D. I was dead serious, it's his cheesiness that makes me love his movies, not his actual ability. LOL, am I alone here? :D :D

For me it is both (cheesiness, and some good old fashioned Hollywood beat downs). One of my favorites is True Lies. I just have to watch that movie when it is on...and it is on a lot lately.

shiv68
06-08-2012, 08:46 PM
My 8 year old daughter loves Terminator.

dbx
06-08-2012, 09:03 PM
For me it is both (cheesiness, and some good old fashioned Hollywood beat downs). One of my favorites is True Lies. I just have to watch that movie when it is on...and it is on a lot lately.

I have it on DVD, one of the "respectable" ones I mentioned earlier; cheesy, but very well done. His sidekick helps a lot, too :).

StressMonkey
06-09-2012, 10:21 AM
What is wrong with you people? No one submitted "Get to the chop-pah!" :confused:

GuyJin
06-09-2012, 03:29 PM
What is wrong with you people? No one submitted "Get to the chop-pah!" :confused:
----

"You are one, ugly, mutha***ka!"

Predator was a good flick. "I ain't got time to bleed." I know that's Ventura's line but it's still funny.