PDA

View Full Version : Possible ? or impossible ? Weight Loss

texas281
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
okay i had a question
is it possible to lose weight eating 3400 cals a day? am i over eating or ? should it be higher?

stats 6ft tall weight 207 -213 (fluctuating)
doing cardio about 15 mins a day or so.

i had been eating way lower than that and have been tired ( some days didnt have energy to work out )etc,
yesterday i said fck it let me try and iifym and raised up my cals and work out. and it looks like i dropped some weight
i was suprised cause i had cookies,rice cakes,etc still ate chicken breast,etc but ive ran from cookies for so long,its just feels weird losing weight the day i ate them.
plus my snacks were carbs carbs which i have also stayed away from.

what do you guys think? keep eating 3400 cals lower it? or raise it?
i just would like some other views.

germaine07
06-07-2012, 10:03 AM
If it is under your TDEE then yes, of course it's possible.

texas281
06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
If it is under your TDEE then yes, of course it's possible.
hmm makes sense it just its suprising when your eating like 2100 cals 1900 or 2400 and the scale barely moves then you eat almost twice as much and not all clean foods and lose weight ..you feel like wtf was i doin it for?

wmterp12
06-07-2012, 11:25 AM
hmm makes sense it just its suprising when your eating like 2100 cals 1900 or 2400 and the scale barely moves then you eat almost twice as much and not all clean foods and lose weight ..you feel like wtf was i doin it for?

If you aren't losing weight at a lower calorie amount, no, raising your calories won't help. Just because you ate a bunch one day and weighed less the next day doesn't mean anything. Most likely just water weight.

bladey06
06-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Alot of people say when you lose weight quickly water retention happens, water fills the old fat stores for a short period and you don't lose weight, idk how true this is but I seem to lose nothing all week then drop 4-5lbs at the end and pee like crazy