PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust!

IronCharles
06-05-2012, 02:52 PM
So long, *******!

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/05/12070068-deputy-al-qaida-leader-killed-in-pakistan-drone-strike-white-house-confirms?chromedomain=worldnews?lite

mtpockets
06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Fantastic ...........

DubfromGA
06-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Tango down.

AMF

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't know. At this point it is like locking up mobsters. The old crew is long gone and the new crew are just knucklehead posers. Who ever heard of this clown? When did he become second in command of the AQ cave in ****holistan?

Time to pack up the toys and go home.

cowboybiker
06-05-2012, 05:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/D5Yo1.gif

paolo59
06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Always glad to hear of the demise of another terrorist. It is a 'sticky-wicket' of an ongoing operation, no? Pakistan cries fowl, grumbles and complains, publicly anyway. I don't know what to think of that country at times. "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma," to quote one famous individual regarding another hard to understand (unravel) country. If there was ever a perplexing and difficult international relationship, it's that of Pakistan and the U.S. I honestly don't know how that nation has managed not to just implode over the course of the last 2 decades.

dbx
06-05-2012, 06:16 PM
I don't know. At this point it is like locking up mobsters. The old crew is long gone and the new crew are just knucklehead posers. Who ever heard of this clown? When did he become second in command of the AQ cave in ****holistan?

Time to pack up the toys and go home.

Wrong. Time to keep killing...people that we don't know the names of. It takes its toll....and has definitely done so. Why do you think that you don't know his name, lol? (srs :cool:.)

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Wrong. Time to keep killing...people that we don't know the names of. It takes its toll....and has definitely done so. Why do you think that you don't know his name, lol? (srs :cool:.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm a rubble makes no trouble sort of guy. I think we could have avoided a lot of this nonsense by doing a Dresden on Kabul following 9/11. I like to point out that when the Romans finally had enough of Carthaginian terrorism, they leveled the city, killed all the men and sold the rest off into slavery. For more than 2,000 years Rome has had no trouble with Carthage.

We're not willing to do that. We are not even willing to tell these people how to run a government. Instead, we spend billions tip-toeing around, killing the equivalent of the local weed dealer, pretending he is a modern day Gold Finger. I bet this joker's family had no idea he was suddenly a big shot in the terror rackets.

dbx
06-05-2012, 06:39 PM
We're not willing to do that. We are not even willing to tell these people how to run a government.

Yes, yes, we are. We're just not always successful at it.

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Yes, yes, we are. We're just not always successful at it.

No way. Not even close.

General Napier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_James_Napier), the Governor of the Bombay Presidency, basically in charge of India, was confronted by a local population that practiced Sati. This was a local custom where the window was thrown on the funeral pyre of her dead husband. Napier, when told by the locals that this was their custom, he replied, "Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

When we accidentally mishandled a Koran, our generals groveled to the local warlord.

dbx
06-05-2012, 06:53 PM
When we accidentally mishandled a Koran, our generals groveled to the local warlord.

Cite and name the general(s)....

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Cite and name the general(s)....

Maybe this will help. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole")

But, the Commander and Chief is a good example. (http://articles.cnn.com/2012-02-23/asia/world_asia_afghanistan-burned-qurans_1_nato-troops-qurans-afghan-officials?_s=PM:ASIA)

dbx
06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Google results that you're searching for take a while, so I'll be patient. I'm sure you'll find......something. Any original thoughts?

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Google results that you're searching for take a while, so I'll be patient. I'm sure you;llk find......something. Any original thoughts?

Um, I answered your query. If you have anything to ask me, I'll do what I can to help you out.

dbx
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Maybe this will help. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole")

But, the Commander and Chief is a good example. (http://articles.cnn.com/2012-02-23/asia/world_asia_afghanistan-burned-qurans_1_nato-troops-qurans-afghan-officials?_s=PM:ASIA)

First link? Lame. The second? LOL....

I've usually applauded your "conservative" stance here, but these previous comments undo much of that....

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I've usually applauded your "conservative" stance here, but these previous comments undo much of that....

I'm not a conservative.

Look, I just don't think spending billions to chase after cavemen in the mountains of Afghanistan is a good use of public money. I sure as heck don't think the place is worth a drop of American blood. By any measure, Obumbles great adventure is a disaster.

dbx
06-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm not a conservative.

Sorry for the mistake...could have sworn that you were.

Look, I just don't think spending billions to chase after cavemen in the mountains of Afghanistan is a good use of public money. I sure as heck don't think the place is worth a drop of American blood. By any measure, Obumbles great adventure is a disaster.

Bottom line: the only reason we try to kill people who live in caves...is to demonstrate that we don't allow anyone to fck with us. How hard is this to understand?

Seriously, you can talk about the efficacy of other tactics...all day long. What get's people's attention? Violence...all day long. The U.S.? We got violence for ya...anyone seeking it..............

so-tex
06-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Sorry to sound so crude, but I think we should carpet bomb some of these countries. Smart bombs, drones and the like have thier place, but we really haven't won a war since WW2. Lots of carpet bombing during that war. I truly believe that when you see your neighbors being obliterated, it sends a message to the people, and either they revolt against their own leaders, or the Government collapses.

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Sorry for the mistake...could have sworn that you were.

No worries. I call myself a paleo-libertarian. I think Frederic Bastiat said everything there needs to be said about modern government.

Bottom line: the only reason we try to kill people who live in caves...is to demonstrate that we don't allow anyone to fck with us. How hard is this to understand?

Accept, we do. We let people eff with us all the time. Been to an airport lately? Your government spends billions of your money effing with you. How about the cameras all over? How about the drones the police are getting?

The least of your worries is some caveman a bazillion miles away.

Seriously, you can talk about the efficacy of other tactics...all day long. What get's people's attention? Violence...all day long. The U.S.? We got violence for ya...anyone seeking it..............

Yet, not a single Muslim lunatic has been convinced to drop the whole jihad business. Since 9/11, everything is worse. Iraq is now a client state of Iran. Egypt, a former ally, is now run by lunatics. Pakistan, once a loyal ally, hates us.

I'm all for the use of violence. I'm not in favor of using it to entertain us whilst our freedoms are stripped from us every day.

dbx
06-05-2012, 07:42 PM
No worries. I call myself a paleo-libertarian. I think Frederic Bastiat said everything there needs to be said about modern government. Accept, we do. We let people eff with us all the time. Been to an airport lately? Your government spends billions of your money effing with you. How about the cameras all over? How about the drones the police are getting?

Thanks for replying. LOL, you "cracked"...:D. Some here will know what this means...others, not, lofl :D.

Effectively, this means you're a tool. A joke....

The least of your worries is some caveman a bazillion miles away.

Yet, not a single Muslim lunatic has been convinced to drop the whole jihad business. Since 9/11, everything is worse. Iraq is now a client state of Iran. Egypt, a former ally, is now run by lunatics. Pakistan, once a loyal ally, hates us.

I'm all for the use of violence. I'm not in favor of using it to entertain us whilst our freedoms are stripped from us every day.

LOL, who suggested Muslims? Not me. What's you're next side-track?

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=dbx;894643151]Thanks for replying. LOL, you "cracked"...:D. Some here will know what this means...others, not, lofl :D.

Effectively, this means you're a tool. A joke..../QUOTE]

Thanks for replying. Some people here will understand what I posted. You're not one of them.

thomashenry
06-05-2012, 07:48 PM
First link? Lame. The second? LOL....

I've usually applauded your "conservative" stance here, but these previous comments undo much of that.... General John Allen, apologized a few months ago to the NOBLE afghans about some grievous errors made by a select few

dbx
06-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for replying. Some people here will understand what I posted. You're not one of them.

You got that right, bro (except for the piss poor quoting part, lofl....).

mslman71
06-05-2012, 08:09 PM
No tears shed here and I'm sure that removing key figures will have some impact on their ability to conduct operations (and move funds), but how much? Who knows?

If we have to be there then our combination of intelligence gathering assets and weaponized drone usage is probably the cheapest, and biggest bang for the buck, of all options. I believe that it will have to be conducted indefinitely as there are always people in place to take the position of the old ones and there doesn't appear to be any end in sight. Sooner or later another successful attack will take place on our own soil (monkeys and keyboards). What scares me is what our response to that might be? At times I feel as though our response to terrorism is somewhat akin to an autoimmune disease.

For a few hundred thousand dollars, for a single operation anyway, they managed to get us to spend what? A trillion dollars? Half trillion? And all the federal organizations and legislation that ensued. Not a bad ROI for them.

mslman71
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Sorry to sound so crude, but I think we should carpet bomb some of these countries. Smart bombs, drones and the like have thier place, but we really haven't won a war since WW2. Lots of carpet bombing during that war. I truly believe that when you see your neighbors being obliterated, it sends a message to the people, and either they revolt against their own leaders, or the Government collapses.

It would be cheaper to provide old military hardware to opposing factions and let them kill each other off.

NoFXN
06-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Always glad to hear of the demise of another terrorist. It is a 'sticky-wicket' of an ongoing operation, no? Pakistan cries fowl, grumbles and complains, publicly anyway. I don't know what to think of that country at times. "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma," to quote one famous individual regarding another hard to understand (unravel) country. If there was ever a perplexing and difficult international relationship, it's that of Pakistan and the U.S. I honestly don't know how that nation has managed not to just implode over the course of the last 2 decades.
Pakistan used to be the US's most allied ally in the region serving both as a member of SEATO and CENTO. Even after the US gets out of the region the US-Pakistan relationship will continue and will heal over time. One of the best books on Pakistan is by an outsider is Anatol Lieven's Pakistan: A Hard Country. He says something interesting in the book. That although Pakistan is a troubled country, it is a resilient one. Think about everything the country has been through in the last 10 years including a military coup, earthquakes, floods that flooded nearly the entire country, giant population boom, war on terror, and the return of democracy. I actually supported the military coup and President Pervez Musharraf, under his rule the economy boomed and after he left in 2008 it tanked thanks to the inept democratic government that was elected.

Pakistan is a strong country and will remain in the region and this is pretty much guaranteed by her nukes. You have to remember that Pakistan was purposely starved of money and resources that were supposed to be given to it during partition. Everyone thought the country wouldn't last even a week but it has lasted for over 6 decades now. We lost our independence leader Jinnah one year after independence and we STILL don't have a real state ideology. People are still debating rather we should go down the secular path, stay status quo(mostly anglo-saxon laws and some Islamic concepts), or turn into a full Islamic state.

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 08:42 PM
You got that right, bro (except for the piss poor quoting part, lofl....).

No worries. I did not peg you as an Obama man, but you live and you learn.

Peace.

dbx
06-05-2012, 08:43 PM
No worries. I did not peg you as an Obama man, but you live and you learn.

Peace.

Yes, fighting every day for...um..Barry..to stay in office. Yeah, that's me.

BillReilly
06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Yes, fighting every day for...um..Barry..to stay in office. Yeah, that's me.

Ok, I was just messin' with ya.

President Barry. We're both old enough to remember when that would have been part of an SNL skit.

Five more months.

wildstreak
06-05-2012, 08:57 PM
yfw when you realize Al Qaeda doesn't and never existed... ijs

paolo59
06-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Pakistan used to be the US's most allied ally in the region serving both as a member of SEATO and CENTO. Even after the US gets out of the region the US-Pakistan relationship will continue and will heal over time. One of the best books on Pakistan is by an outsider is Anatol Lieven's Pakistan: A Hard Country. He says something interesting in the book. That although Pakistan is a troubled country, it is a resilient one. Think about everything the country has been through in the last 10 years including a military coup, earthquakes, floods that flooded nearly the entire country, giant population boom, war on terror, and the return of democracy. I actually supported the military coup and President Pervez Musharraf, under his rule the economy boomed and after he left in 2008 it tanked thanks to the inept democratic government that was elected.

Pakistan is a strong country and will remain in the region and this is pretty much guaranteed by her nukes. You have to remember that Pakistan was purposely starved of money and resources that were supposed to be given to it during partition. Everyone thought the country wouldn't last even a week but it has lasted for over 6 decades now. We lost our independence leader Jinnah one year after independence and we STILL don't have a real state ideology. People are still debating rather we should go down the secular path, stay status quo(mostly anglo-saxon laws and some Islamic concepts), or turn into a full Islamic state.

An interesting perspective! You stop and think, just what would I do, or think, if I were Pakistani, or any other nationality for that matter? I tend to think that I would agree with you and your estimation of 'military rule.' That might sound strange, coming from an American, but considering the possible alternatives at a given moment, things could be worse I suppose. Blessings upon you! :) Keep lifting and getting bigger little brother!

NoFXN
06-06-2012, 07:04 AM
An interesting perspective! You stop and think, just what would I do, or think, if I were Pakistani, or any other nationality for that matter? I tend to think that I would agree with you and your estimation of 'military rule.' That might sound strange, coming from an American, but considering the possible alternatives at a given moment, things could be worse I suppose. Blessings upon you! :) Keep lifting and getting bigger little brother!
Well actually the really ironic part was that during his Government he actually tried creating a new system of democracy in the country that would work. He also opened up the media to the point that these politicians and the oppositions were cursing him on live TV without any reprecussions or actions against them. The economy was booming and tons of infrastructure was built. Too bad his popularity nose dived when he went up against the Chief Justice who manipulated the situation. He is trying to come back with his own new political party and run for election.

Things are not as bad as they seem, you can check my thead out here.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138343333&page=1

By the way I am a dual national!