PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring Bodybuiders Shout Out

Frnkd
06-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Whats your best advice! for an "aspiring bodybuilder". :)

mtpockets
06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
post workout coffee

IronCharles
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Lift heavy and take a good multi.

tsoden
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
post workout coffee before or after your protein shake? Venti Americano or Tall white Chocolate half Soy mocha with 3/4 foam? I'm Soooo confused!!!!!!!

induced_drag
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Whats your best advice! for an aspiring bodybuilder. :)

I am not really a bodybuilder, but I will say NUTRITION above all else, is what separates the guys that just train....from the guys that REALLY look like they train.

Many dont want to hear it....but 15%-18% bf is no bodybuilder....it is just plain fat. Lots of guys on here attached to their fat though.

llahhsoj
06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I am not really a bodybuilder, but I will say NUTRITION above all else, is what separates the guys that just train....from the guys that REALLY look like they train.

Many dont want to hear it....but 15%-18% bf is no bodybuilder....it is just plain fat. Lots of guys on here attached to their fat though.

Learn how to inject yourself.

tsoden
06-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Hey... who you calling fat?!?!?!

:P

Brackneyc
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Hey... who you calling fat?!?!?!

:P

LOL This^^. I am trying to get down to 15%.

induced_drag
06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
LOL This^^. I am trying to get down to 15%.

Just to be clear....I am talking about from a bodybuilding perspective. I hold to my orignal statement that proper nutrition is whats separates decent physiques from great ones. (in most cases)

Hell....I still consider myself fat (for where I want to be, not comparing to the general population). If I want to take my physique to the next level, I really need to concentrate on stripping the last bits of remaining hold-out fat off my midsection. Once I get that done, I think I will probably look more like a bodybuilder then I ever have. Maybe not a contest shape one....but an offseason one. That is my eventual goal to hold that year round.

CFitnessRJ
06-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I did a few competitions and the best advice I can give you is to find someone who has done it before to help you with your diet and training. They have been through it before and can tell you what it's going to be like and give you advice. It really helped me out. Good luck.

Brackneyc
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Just to be clear....I am talking about from a bodybuilding perspective. I hold to my orignal statement that proper nutrition is whats separates decent physiques from great ones. (in most cases)

Hell....I still consider myself fat (for where I want to be, not comparing to the general population). If I want to take my physique to the next level, I really need to concentrate on stripping the last bits of remaining hold-out fat off my midsection. Once I get that done, I think I will probably look more like a bodybuilder then I ever have. Maybe not a contest shape one....but an offseason one. That is my eventual goal to hold that year round.

LOL, I know. I would love to see what I would look like at 15%. Would be cool. Might have to try it.

hammerfelt
06-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Eat eat eat lift eat eat eat sleep repeat

paolo59
06-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Ha ha, put this pic up on the fridge, and every time you walk by, say: I can do it! I can do it! :)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/lpmuse/Flex3.png

Frnkd
06-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Lift heavy and take a good multi.
thanks...just picked up a multi infact and omega 3.

before or after your protein shake? Venti Americano or Tall white Chocolate half Soy mocha with 3/4 foam? I'm Soooo confused!!!!!!!

I'll let you know how this formula works.

post workout coffee

See Tsoden he needs to meet you after your workouts.

but is there anything else beside broc****, carrots, and sweet potatoes. I notice those things appear alot on diets and menus. BTW I had my bf checked and am at 10%. the thing is if one bulks wouldnt your bf to up? All the work to get to 10 seems for not, maybe I cut to soon?

I did a few competitions and the best advice I can give you is to find someone who has done it before to help you with your diet and training. They have been through it before and can tell you what it's going to be like and give you advice. It really helped me out. Good luck.

Thanks....I know my goal is not to compete, but I get what you are saying...sorta been there done that, kinda expereince.

Eat eat eat lift eat eat eat sleep repeat

I know what you mean...the mantra or a bber I guess? LOL :)

Ha ha, put this pic up on the fridge, and every time you walk by, say: I can do it! I can do it! :)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/lpmuse/Flex3.png

LOL. :)

tsoden
06-05-2012, 06:02 AM

You need to spend more time around cmoore...he seems to know the secret sauce (and by that I don't mean dem der celltech, but the special recipe to get shredded!)... LOL.

induced_drag
06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
You need to spend more time around cmoore...he seems to know the secret sauce (and by that I don't mean dem der celltech, but the special recipe to get shredded!)... LOL.

Yes, I have been following his amazing progress. It is unreal the level of fitness he maintains for sure. It is almost unparalleled.

My goals are not to get that lean however. I wish to look like an off season bodybuilder. I am getting close to there and once there I want to stay at that level in order to concentrate my efforts on gaining more quality mass. That is very tough to do at extremely low body fat levels. I also do not want to workout 5-6 days a week.

I have other obligations, mainly family ones, and the quickest way for me to end up in divorce court would be working out 5 days a week. (rightfully so). There are already issues because my eating is a 24/7/365 dedication and that in and of itself is a big imposition on the family. For that reason, I try to always eat what we eat as a family for dinner and otherwise try not to impose too much with my eating habits. This is the reason that although low carb diets work very well for me, I will never do them. It will just be too hard on family life.

For me, this is all about balance right now. Trying to find a sustainable route to my physique goals, which does not also take away too much time from the wife or kids.

At times, I think I would like to go in the gym more, but truth be told, working out only 3 days a week is yielding pretty good results. I just have to come in prepared for EVERY workout and make it count.

Guinea-pig
06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Overenthusiasm kills bodybuilding progress.