PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful photos ever taken.

Lou1se
06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Absolutely brilliant. I found this on another forum.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/most-powerful-photographs-ever-taken

Nikonguy
06-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Came in expecting to NOT be moved.

Left being moved. :o

Reps Lou1se

mslman71
06-03-2012, 09:46 AM
The one of the guy in tears in Paris has always choked me up. I can't imagine what they must have been feeling.

Oceanside
06-03-2012, 10:03 AM
choked up on the majority of those pics :)

"powerful" is a gross understatement !

paolo59
06-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Incredibly moving photographs! The flag being placed in the hands of that little boy at his father's funeral is a hard one to take dry eyed!

itsagoodday
06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm surprised that I had not seen some of those before. Yes, very moving!

KeepItMoving
06-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Incredibly moving photographs! The flag being placed in the hands of that little boy at his father's funeral is a hard one to take dry eyed!You and me both...

ABC News covered the story at the time...."Heather Golczynski and her 8-year-old son Christian hold tightly to the memory of Marine Staff Sgt. Marc Golczynski.

On March 27, just a few weeks before Marc Golczynski was to return home from his second tour in Iraq -- one he volunteered for -- he was shot on patrol and killed by enemy fire in al-Aanbar province.

During a moment at the burial, Christian stepped forward to receive the flag for his father. The expression of grief on his young face was captured in a photo and became a powerful symbol for soldiers, their families and anyone who sees it.

When asked about his dad by ABC News' Chris Cuomo, Christian said, "He was a hero. He helped our country."

djflex
06-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow, just wow

Nalu
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
I am speechless..

bodyhard
06-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I am one heartless bastard as none of those pics did anything to me. The only one I found to be somewhat moving was the one with the dog next to his owners burial.

Jesus I have f'cking issues, seriously.

crupiea
06-03-2012, 09:17 PM
The one of the guy in tears in Paris has always choked me up. I can't imagine what they must have been feeling.

Just wait until the day after election day, we might all look like that.

paolo59
06-03-2012, 10:53 PM
I am one heartless bastard as none of those pics did anything to me. The only one I found to be somewhat moving was the one with the dog next to his owners burial.

Jesus I have f'cking issues, seriously.

LMAO Your response to a 'pic' doesn't qualify you brother, not in any sense of the word. You are a 'heartless bastard,' without any doubt! LMAO Growing up in New York does that ****! :) You're a tough one BH! :) But I would imagine that there were at least 3 that brought a tear to the eye! :)

paolo59
06-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Just wait until the day after election day, we might all look like that.

LMAO No truer words have ever been spoken! :(

paolo59
06-03-2012, 11:10 PM
What do they say? A picture is worth a thousand words! It's easy to be so obsessed with daily life, what pressures, what pushes, what demands, that we close ourselves off to what goes on all around us! Who doesn't have more 'irons on the fire' than they can deal with? What is that old saying? "There but by the grace of God, go I." I will say this, if we are so wound up with our own lives that the suffering, pain, and loss of another doesn't effect us, then we've become much, much less than human! I can't do anything about it, but I can feel it, and the 'feel' should do something to me.