PDA

View Full Version : What do you fear? What is your phobia?

bodyhard
06-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I think everyone and their mother know I fear needles and bees, but I really don't know what others on here fear or if they don't have a fear or a phobia of any kind.

For the nubees on here who don't know...

<------- Fears bees and needles (not wasp or hornets or any other flying stinging insect just bees)

So what do you fear, have a phobia of?

Ballzzin
06-02-2012, 08:49 AM
being average (Srs)

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 08:52 AM
little boats that wobble and might tip over on the water
like a canoe or a rowboat..scares the crap out of me
I can swim and I like water
its the wibble wobble that freaks me out.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Public speaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scares me to death. I will run :D.

bodyhard
06-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Public speaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scares me to death. I will run :D.

You can come talk to me on a one on one ;)

ant1lg
06-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Anatidaephobia, reppez-moi if u googled it

Corbi
06-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Snakeaphobia....yea I made that up, but I hate snakes with a passion.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I see blue racers sunning themselves in the road all the time..I like to run them over:)

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 09:17 AM
You can come talk to me on a one on one ;)

Now, that I could do, if you weren't 1,300 miles away ;).

bodyhard
06-02-2012, 09:20 AM

Hate them or fear them? There is a difference I hate lots of things :D

Now, that I could do, if you weren't 1,300 miles away ;).

Damn where are you from?

gray73
06-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Spiders. I hate them little bastards. The wife and kids laugh as they see me running, screaming like a girl.

mslman71
06-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Snakes and heights.

I actually don't mind snakes, but I hate the moment of discovery. They are all over here and you can't see them until you almost step on them, and then they flee. Startles the sh*t out of me. There have been times where mowing the grass I would run into 5 or more of them, and the yard at my house is maybe .1 acres. As a kid, loading hay off the fields, they'd get bailed up in the square bales and I'd have to check each bail to make sure I wasn't getting a handful of snake parts before throwing it up on the flat bed. blek.

StressMonkey
06-02-2012, 09:28 AM
needles/blood
spiders
heights - I'm weird on this one. I can ride roller coasters but if I look out the window of a high building I'll get dizzy.

Simpy
06-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Anatidaephobia, reppez-moi if u googled itI looked it up. You, sir, are one crazy mother ducker.

I also looked up the name for my fear. Thalassophobia. I'm not afraid of water, but I'm afraid of being in the midst of open water. If I can't see the shore I sort of shut down. No theatrics, just plain shut down.

I'm also rather afraid of snakes, but mostly just when I see them. If I know they are there, I'm okay with it.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Damn where are you from?

Florida Keys.

bodyhard
06-02-2012, 09:34 AM
I looked it up. You, sir, are one crazy mother ducker.

I also looked up the name for my fear. Thalassophobia. I'm not afraid of water, but I'm afraid of being in the midst of open water. If I can't see the shore I sort of shut down. No theatrics, just plain shut down.

I'm also rather afraid of snakes, but mostly just when I see them. If I know they are there, I'm okay with it.

Simp Patty and I are going on a cruise in August, this will be my first time ever in open water without seeing any land. I was telling Patty I wonder how we will react to it.

bodyhard
06-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Florida Keys.

Hmmm, makes a mental note for next trip! ;)

Brackneyc
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Simp Patty and I are going on a cruise in August, this will be my first time ever in open water without seeing any land. I was telling Patty I wonder how we will react to it.

Take along some bees and some needles...the water will be the least of your worries. :D

EB68
06-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Here's a couple for corbi and simpy. I usually kill 3 to 5 of these per year in my yard. I am scared of them too.
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p441/xjfever_album/2ndonein10.jpg
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p441/xjfever_album/timberrattler.jpg

Bo_Flecks
06-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Anatidaephobia

Does this give you chills, young bro?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1KAn-ms2C0s/T8edGDGelPI/AAAAAAAAEis/_zTz4JdYf4c/s640/anatidaephobia.png

ArchAngel'73
06-02-2012, 09:53 AM
OhDavie-I'd take that post down before you get sent to banned camp.
BB'ing.com has zero tolerance for racism and so do many of us.

I am not fond of heights, needles, and big dogs.

pharmamarketer
06-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Heights. Not airplane high because that is hard to judge. Sky scraper and bridge height freaks me out. I freeze on ladders too

Corbi
06-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Hate them or fear them? There is a difference I hate lots of things :D

You chase me with a snake, even a crummy little garter snake and I will run the other way.

Wife amd I have been on the ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel and at times you can't see any land, it's a 45 minute trip, Doesn't bother either of us at all. Years ago I was on my Jet Ski on lake Michigan, headed east and kept looking back until I could no longer see land. That was a creepy feeling being on a 7' jet ski in what felt like the middle of the ocean.

theKurp
06-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Divorce. Which would explain why I haven't remarried after getting divorced 26 years ago.

Redstyx
06-02-2012, 10:05 AM
I have no fear. Srs. I do however get bad vertigo in high places. Love flying, being up on high peaks and cliffs.... but started getting vertigo few years ago.

cgc
06-02-2012, 10:11 AM

Meh....too late.

Anyways.
Im not a big fan of heights.
As far as animals go, none really bother me. I'm obviously not stupid in knowing when I need to vacate the premises from something that can hurt me.
Snakes, spiders, rats, etc don't really bother me....

But if you wanna see me dance around like a 5 year old girl who has to pee...let me find a tick on me. I hate those ****ing things.

Outside of that, I fear anything happening to my family...especially my wife or daughter.

mslman71
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
BB'ing.com has zero tolerance for racism and so do many of us.

I wonder if he had said he had a fear of blonds (brunettes, whatever) for the exact same reasons if it would've made a difference.

itsagoodday
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Snakes and heights.

I'm guessing you weren't a big fan of "Snakes on a Plane". But then, who was? ;)

Don't really have any major fears right this second, but I definitely have a healthy respect for heights.

mslman71
06-02-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm guessing you weren't a big fan of "Snakes on a Plane". But then, who was? ;)

Don't really have any major fears right this second, but I definitely have a healthy respect for heights.

Never saw it.

The Indiana Jones scene in the crypt freaked me out as a kid. I had nightmares about it for months, especially when the snake was coming out of the mummy's mouth.

demike
06-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I think the best way to describe it is a fear of the unknown, not all unknowns, just some.

-=FLEX=-
06-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Flying. Absolutely hate it.

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Fear of failure.

Bettabez
06-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Meh....too late.

Anyways.
Im not a big fan of heights.
As far as animals go, none really bother me. I'm obviously not stupid in knowing when I need to vacate the premises from something that can hurt me.
Snakes, spiders, rats, etc don't really bother me....

But if you wanna see me dance around like a 5 year old girl who has to pee...let me find a tick on me. I hate those ****ing things.

Outside of that, I fear anything happening to my family...especially my wife or daughter.

Just moved to NC. We didn't have ticks where I grew up. Screamed like a little girl when I found a few of those bastards on me for the first time a few days ago. They're everywhere here.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Just moved to NC. We didn't have ticks where I grew up. Screamed like a little girl when I found a few of those bastards on me for the first time a few days ago. They're everywhere here.I pull those off the dogs all the time
when they are little and just crawling on your skin?
no big deal...on the dogs..they are big and I have to use pliers to pull them off and then goooosh black blood all over:)

Tyrbolift
06-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Flying. Absolutely hate it.So do I, bro. When a plane goes down, there are no survivors.

Not even one.

LisaSkinnoble
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Snakes
Heights
Stairs with no risers - and worse, stairs with no railings.

Jtbny
06-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Sharks, which sucks since I now live in Florida and am surrounded by water.

cgc
06-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I wonder if he had said he had a fear of blonds (brunettes, whatever) for the exact same reasons if it would've made a difference.

Yeah, he would have just looked like he had an odd phobia as opposed to looking flat out stupid.
If he legitimately has the phobia he outlined and wanted to dispute the ban, he has that right.
It would be an uphill battle...but that right is still there.

Just moved to NC. We didn't have ticks where I grew up. Screamed like a little girl when I found a few of those bastards on me for the first time a few days ago. They're everywhere here.

Yeah, grew up in Miami FL and never had an issue with them. I move up here to GA...the first year I found one crawling up my leg as I was washing the car. I'm running around the driveway whipping the hose at my leg flinging water around like a drunk....I'm sure the neighbor got a good laugh.
I've pulled two off me this year....nasty little pieces of crap.

I pull those off the dogs all the time
when they are little and just crawling on your skin?
no big deal...on the dogs..they are big and I have to use pliers to pull them off and then goooosh black blood all over:)

I've honestly gotten better about it, but I used to have wife v1.0 pull them off the dogs. I couldn't stand it...made me want to dry heave.

Seriously, there isn't much that bothers me as far as animals or crap like that....just hate ticks. Bleh

Iceman1800
06-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Huge crowds, always feel like I'm trapped

eomrat
06-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I am very afraid of spiders. All spiders.

I am also afraid of being lost.

StressMonkey
06-02-2012, 10:52 AM
So do I, bro. When a plane goes down, there are no survivors.

Not even one.

induced_drag would disagree with you.

I am very afraid of spiders. All spiders.

I am also afraid of being lost.

do NOT watch this

rABPA9LEp5c

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 10:58 AM
do NOT watch this

rABPA9LEp5cLMAO :D

All the little girl came out of this guy.

Would watch again.

SP1966
06-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Flying. Absolutely hate it.

So do I, bro. When a plane goes down, there are no survivors.

Not even one.

I used to build commercial airliners! And although I didn't get quite as much work done after one of our famous liquid lunches, I still got some work done. Be afraid, be very afraid!! :D

For me it would be spiders, snakes, and heights oh my. My wife knows where I sleep, yes, afraid.

StressMonkey
06-02-2012, 11:01 AM
LMAO :D

All the little girl came out of this guy.

Would watch again.

I can't rag on him. It was physically painful for me to watch that.

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
4lYdD9DdLNY

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah, grew up in Miami FL

Me too. It's a good thing you (we) got out. It's a hell hole now, IMO.

I can't believe I'm the only one with a HUGE fear of public speaking. That's like the number one fear :confused:.

Cockroaches send me into a full-blown panic. In South Florida they are enormous ones that fly, sometimes at you. So nasty.

cgc
06-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Oh, I know...but I'd be a liar if I told you I didn't miss it ;)
But what I miss was about 20 years ago...I'm sure it's much different now. Hoping to get down there again some time in the future to visit. Wouldn't move any further south than WPB or Jupiter FL though.

Cockroaches send me into a full-blown panic. In South Florida they are enormous ones that fly, sometimes at you. So nasty.

Roaches and those freak'n palmetto bugs. I'd just kill em, they didn't bother me...but if you were outside for any length of time you ran into them. And they were every where...almost as bad as the mosquitoes in the summer time.

Bettabez
06-02-2012, 11:20 AM

I can't believe I'm the only one with a HUGE fear of public speaking. That's like the number one fear :confused:.

I took a course in college on public speaking. Helped my confidence in front of crowds tremendously. Look into it if that's something you'd like to overcome!

Corbi
06-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Where I lived previously we never had ticks and I had never seen one. Moved up here and got a pug from someone, looked like he had a couple of gross/weird growths on him but I wasn't going to start yanking on them. Went to the vet to get him a physical and she gets some small pliers and starts yanking those growths off...yuck nasty huge blood filled ticks. Absolutely fukking disgusting and vile creatures.

Bettabez
06-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Where I lived previously we never had ticks and I had never seen one. Moved up here and got a pug from someone, looked like he had a couple of gross/weird growths on him but I wasn't going to start yanking on them. Went to the vet to get him a physical and she gets some small pliers and starts yanking those growths off...yuck nasty huge blood filled ticks. Absolutely fukking disgusting and vile creatures.

Apparently a crotch full of "chiggers" is an awful Southern experience here as well. Hope to never encounter those during my 7 month stint - trouble is, you can't see em'.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 11:30 AM
see now chiggers? I have no idea what those are...

northern girl<<<<

LisaSkinnoble
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM

Try Toastmasters. Really supportive environment and a great business networking opportunity.

itsagoodday
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I can't believe I'm the only one with a HUGE fear of public speaking. That's like the number one fear :confused:

I'm actually more uncomfortable speaking one-on-one to a stranger than to a room full of them. I'm weird like that.

Smelly bull
06-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Paralyzing fear of heights. My loving family convinced me to go on the Youth Fair Ferris Wheel. It didn't look that bad, but sweet mother of jesus, within the 1st five seconds I grabbed that metal pole and hung on for dear life. Then they (wife, daughter aged 9 and son age 6) decided to rock the damn cart. I would layed the hurt down but I was to afraid to let go of the pole. Never, never again.

I enjoy public speaking, in fact I speak before a couple hundred people 6-7 times a year.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 12:05 PM
last time I went on a rollercoaster I was 21
it was the gemini at cedar point
I got off of it and cried

Corbi
06-02-2012, 12:10 PM
last time I went on a rollercoaster I was 21
it was the gemini at cedar point
I got off of it and cried

Love coasters and heights, can't stand spinning rides any longer as I get sick to my stomach now, wasn't always that way though.

tobymax123
06-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Thalassophobia. I'm not afraid of water, but I'm afraid of being in the midst of open water. If I can't see the shore I sort of shut down. No theatrics, just plain shut down.

One of the strangest things I ever experienced was when we were on a day cruise/booze cruise in Puerto Vallarta, on a small-ish boat with about 40 passengers. The boat got out to where land was no longer visible, and stopped. Time to jump in the water and cool off! I'm not a terribly strong swimmer but I can stay alive in the water, so I jumped on in with a bunch of others. It was very very weird to be out there swimming around in the open water, not knowing how deep it was or where land was. The thought did enter my mind that if I just sank right there they would never find me.

So I don't know if mine is a fear or just some sort of anxiety, and it's hard to describe: I can't stand to wear clothes or jackets that are too warm for conditions. I start getting anxious, my heart rate goes way up, and I get nauseous. For example if I go outdoors wearing a heavy coat and the weather starts to warm up, I have to immediately unzip the coat, remove hat and gloves, etc. and eventually take the coat off... while everyone else seems perfectly comfortable staying bundled up. Spring snow skiing is a love-hate thing for me because of this anxiety. You have to be bundled up at the top of the mountain, but about half way down I want to start pulling off my hat and gloves, and at the bottom I have to immediately remove my jacket before I go into some sort of panic. I hate long sleeve shirts with a passion, and not because I want to show off my work in the gym. I just can't stand to wear too many clothes, and I love to feel air moving across my skin.

V-240
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Heights. Falling.

Well, not falling. Just that sudden stop at the end.

Gravity can be a bitch.

V-240
06-02-2012, 12:15 PM
... Fears bees and needles (not wasp or hornets or any other flying stinging insect just bees)

Really? But those bastidz can sting over and over again, whereas a bee stings once and dies.

Gotta respect that sting-then-die thing, it's kinda badass!

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Love coasters and heights, can't stand spinning rides any longer as I get sick to my stomach now, wasn't always that way though.see..I loved rollercoasters as a kid but now? no way.
the spinning rides dont bother me a bit..

Corbi
06-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Gravity can be a bitch.

And I believe it's stronger under any bench press setup:D

tobymax123
06-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Apparently a crotch full of "chiggers" is an awful Southern experience here as well. Hope to never encounter those during my 7 month stint - trouble is, you can't see em'.

You shouldn't get chiggers unless you're down in the grass, actually sitting in the grass or something. Got them all the time as a kid when we were playing in the yard all summer long, but have only had a couple as an adult. For some reason they do seem to go straight for the crotch. If you're wearing briefs underwear, they'll go anywhere the underwear is tight against your skin. With boxers it's usually just around the elastic waistband. Sometimes they like the underarm area too.

Corbi
06-02-2012, 12:22 PM
For some reason they do seem to go straight for the crotch.

You just described a woman:D

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 12:27 PM
You just described a woman:D
shheeeeeeeet I thought it was straight for the wallet:)

llahhsoj
06-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I fear that I am not the strongest 155 lbr in the world. I figure someone will post a vid., so please don't crush my dream, Mmmmm K.

NitrogenWidget
06-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Bees.
If I aint running from them I must kill them.

Heights also. You won't find me on a 2nd story house roofing or more than 15ft off the ground on a ladder.
When I was fat I was much worse because I was less nimble & every extension ladder I stepped on started bending if I got to the 10ft mark so I rarely went higher.

whatevergirl
06-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Spiders....and from losing my parents at a young age...I fear loss. :o so I have held myself back from a lot I guess.

eomrat
06-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Spiders....and from losing my parents at a young age...I fear loss. :o so I have held myself back from a lot I guess.

This post makes me sad. I think my Dad is about cross over, but I am grown. I hate it for those who had to lose theirs so early.

Frnkd
06-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Centipedes....the one greatest fear of mine....and just so happen a few months ago,I was sleeping and one bit me in the back...couldnt figure what it was....took my iphone out and snapped a picture of my back...(I thought that was smart of me btw), and I saw it...the bite mark and the burning sensation after....jumped out of bed, and saw the think scurry under my sheet...this was a small one about 2-3 inches......consequently my wife had to get it.....I literally freeze. She got bit too.....it seems centepedes can bite through plastic bags, I mean she decided to grab it like she was picking up dog poo. LOL
SO I had to go find it and there was no way I was going back to sleep until I did....it took awhile but I took a deep breath and snipped the damn thing with a pair of scissors......no way was I going to even try to grab it. So my fears and "phobia" continues.

roaches and spiders and other insects dont bother me but man a centipede, got the chill running down my spine just thinking of it.

KeepItMoving
06-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I was a beekeeper a few years back. Had bees/harvested honey for a bout 10 years. Honeybees are wondeful, amazing creatures. We need them more than they need us. True.

Fears? I used to fear death. I think I'm working through that...then BOOM, my mind gets blown. I fear being dependent on others. That would suck.

alan1626
06-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Phobia?

Snakes! - Public Speaking.

whatevergirl
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
This post makes me sad. I think my Dad is about cross over, but I am grown. I hate it for those who had to lose theirs so early. yea....thanks. Interestingly....ppl think such an occurrence will cause you to fear death. But I have feared living life to the fullest for if I let myself go...I just might be risking another loss. It sounds silly maybe. :o

Nalu
06-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Fear of failure.

Me too, CB, however it has never stopped me from taking big risks to succeed. When I took on my first huge project, I asked a former client of mine, who is a wildly successful CEO of a major tech firm, if he has ever been afraid in business.
I confessed to my fears about my upcoming project. I was a little worried that he would think less of me. He replied, "K, if you weren't afraid I would worry about you."
It allowed me to face my fear with greater confidence. I have always been fascinated by hugely successful people that have experienced business failures only to come back and succeed again. I admire anyone that puts it all on the line.

whatevergirl
06-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Phobia?

Public Speaking.toast masters could help u with this phobia ....hear of them?

crupiea
06-02-2012, 02:29 PM
I dont know if i would call it a phobia, more like just being really cortnered and uncomfortable.

Thats when i go to the movies. I cant stand that I have to watch the movie on their schedule and i think people will sit behind me to intentionally look at the back of my head. I can never get there early enough to sit in the very back row either.

i have to get up and walk around during the moive just to feel like I have some control. i did the same last time in vegas during a show.

bodyhard
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Bees.
If I aint running from them I must kill them.

Man how do you kill it when you fear it? If I see a bee I am knocking anyone, man, woman or child, that is in my way, when I run.

I remember once I was in a hospice hospital with my wife, we went for lunch and there was an outside area to eat. I saw a bee from a distance, Patty saw my face and I was out. O knocked down doctors, nurses, patients, peoples trays, everybody that was in my way got knock the f'ck down. Patty was mad embarrassed the whole place was wondering what the f'ck I was running from, they thought it was a terrorist attack or something.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh, I know...but I'd be a liar if I told you I didn't miss it ;)
But what I miss was about 20 years ago...I'm sure it's much different now. Hoping to get down there again some time in the future to visit. Wouldn't move any further south than WPB or Jupiter FL though.

Twenty years ago is when I last lived there. Yep, completely different. I am in the Keys now, but my entire family is still in Miami, so I get to frequent often, and shopping HAS to be done there. All we have is K-Mart and, as you probably know, K-Mart sucks.

Roaches and those freak'n palmetto bugs. I'd just kill em, they didn't bother me...but if you were outside for any length of time you ran into them. And they were every where...almost as bad as the mosquitoes in the summer time.

My son just happened to leave his lacrosse bag outside for a few weeks, then went to use it and oh man, chock full of palmetto bugs. It was nightmarish.

ClinicallyBored
06-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Divorce. Which would explain why I haven't remarried after getting divorced 26 years ago.

LOL. Ya I feel the same way.

I have to say the dark. Specifically aliens in the dark. I still have the imagination of a 5 year old. I hate it. I see things that are not really there and freak out.

One time an ex-girl of mine had her cat over. Middle of the night that thing decides to sneak in the room and sit at my bed side. I woke up with this feeling that something was staring at me. Now I could see some sort of figure in the dark and it moved ever so slightly. Intensely I stared at it for a while. By this time I was frozen and my heart was pounding beyond normal range.

I kept trying to convince my self that it was my imagination and nothing was there. Im beyond scared but trying to build confidence and anger to face what I think is happening to me. So I move my face towards it clenching my teeth, scared out of my mind, hands ready to strangle this thing.

That all went out the door when that cat jumped on to the bed. I ran out of my room and continued running outside my apartment down a flight of stairs screaming the whole way. Good god that was one embarrassing night.

chodan9
06-02-2012, 03:18 PM
losing control

Karl_Hungus
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
yea....thanks. Interestingly....ppl think such an occurrence will cause you to fear death. But I have feared living life to the fullest for if I let myself go...I just might be risking another loss. It sounds silly maybe. :o

I don't think it sounds silly -- My dad was killed when I was 9, and I didn't take it well (as one might imagine). Since then, I've emotionally detached from most people until, to this very day, there is almost nobody who would cause me the slightest grief if they were to die (including my family members). I didn't realize I was even doing this until I was an adult...

And, I concur on the spiders. I absolutely hate them. Especially the ones with really long legs who run really fast.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 04:29 PM
I took a course in college on public speaking. Helped my confidence in front of crowds tremendously. Look into it if that's something you'd like to overcome!

Try Toastmasters. Really supportive environment and a great business networking opportunity.

Signed up for speech 101 twice in college, dropped due to paralyzing fear. Have called Toastmasters 2-3 times, but haven't worked up the courage to go.

I'm actually more uncomfortable speaking one-on-one to a stranger than to a room full of them. I'm weird like that.

Wanna trade?

Phobia?

Snakes! - Public Speaking.

Finally, I'm not alone!

mslman71
06-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Signed up for speech 101 twice in college, dropped due to paralyzing fear. Have called Toastmasters 2-3 times, but haven't worked up the courage to go.

I used to hate it, still do to an extent, but it doesn't scare me anymore. The thing is to prepare well and realize that no matter what happens it'll all be over in whatever the allocated time is, no matter how good or bad it ends up being. At least that's how I look at it.

SP1966
06-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I used to hate it, still do to an extent, but it doesn't scare me anymore. The thing is to prepare well and realize that no matter what happens it'll all be over in whatever the allocated time is, no matter how good or bad it ends up being. At least that's how I look at it.

What if your fear is getting to the end of you allotted time with time to spare? :eek:

mslman71
06-02-2012, 04:42 PM
What if your fear is getting to the end of you allotted time with time to spare? :eek:

Which brings me back to point number one, the double tap...

wait, I mean prepare well.

LisaSkinnoble
06-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Wanna trade?

Finally, I'm not alone!

The Toastmasters club I went to was very welcoming and very supportive. I introduced myself at the first meeting but was not pressured in any way to participate in the rest of the meeting. Toronto and the GTA is very culturally diverse. There were so many members at TM whose first language was not English. Their courage gave me courage. And with TM, if you are that day's speaker, you get to pick your topic, and it's a little easier to speak on something you feel excited and passionate about. Every speech got easier and easier.

My public speaking tends to be in my field, and being an auld lady who's worked for so many years, that comes easily to me.

I remember speaking at an all-day seminar for the Law Society. My topic was trial preparation, and I was the last speaker of the day. The speakers before me went on and on and on and way over their allotted time. So as they kept going on, and many of the audience members were just getting up and leaving, I was slashing my speech. It was a little unnerving speaking to half an audience -most of which was rather sleepy by then and anxious to leave!

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Which brings me back to point number one, the double tap...

wait, I mean prepare well.Eat a twinkie.

dbx
06-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Being mediocre. It scares the $hit out of me.

OK, ok, beside that....snakes (big time, lol) and sometimes heights. I've worked high...er...in high places (just 25-30ft or so) when framing houses as a teen/college summers, and most of the time it was no big deal. Other times, I could freeze up for a minute.

mslman71
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
It was a little unnerving speaking to half an audience -most of which was rather sleepy by then and anxious to leave!

^ This has happened to me a bunch and I like it, sometimes. No one gives a sh*t and no one wants to ask too many questions at the end.

I give a lot of technical presentations and I find a couple people in the audience that I make regular eye contact with. I can gauge whether or not I'm on the right track by their expression. What can mess me up is if I see too much confusion in their eyes and I linger on a particular subject; borks up the rhythm and timing of the talk.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Damn, I admire you public speakers.

The thing is I quiver and shake and my heart is thumping and my hands get clammy and my voice gets are crackly and I lose my train of thought and I perspire and I can't breathe and sometimes freeze and the whole time I'm thinking that everyone's thinking what the hell is wrong with that chick, and they probably are!

Yeah, I got it bad, which is why I avoid.

Bando
06-02-2012, 05:10 PM
The thing is to prepare well and realize that no matter what happens it'll all be over in whatever the allocated time is, no matter how good or bad it ends up being. At least that's how I look at it.

If you're knowledgeable about the subject it's a lot easier.

I recently gave a 90 minute (with Q&A) presentation on risk management and studied like crazy for it. I didn't think it went that great but when all the surveys came in, it was like I was an expert or something (or they were just being nice) :eek:

As for the topic, I don't really have any phobias, but I don't like the sight of wet paper. Like a receipt in a mudpuddle or something, that just makes me gag.

StressMonkey
06-02-2012, 05:14 PM
And, I concur on the spiders. I absolutely hate them. Especially the ones with really long legs who run really fast.

Maybe we should sign up. :(

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20120521/spider-phobia-brain-scan-shows-cure-in-1-session

mslman71
06-02-2012, 05:14 PM
If you're knowledgeable about the subject it's a lot easier.

I recently gave a 90 minute (with Q&A) presentation on risk management and studied like crazy for it. I didn't think it went that great but when all the surveys came in, it was like I was an expert or something (or they were just being nice) :eek:

I'm giving a 90 minute talk next month to an audience of several hundred people. It's a continuing education course. Technically speaking, I am one of the world's experts on the subject, but I'm still nervous. I just finished up the accompanying notes and they are a cool 125 pages. Anyway, I realize there are so many things I don't know and fine details I don't fully understand. With any luck the audience won't pick up on it, and fortunately these kind of talks don't invite too many fame seekers who like to see if they can back a speaker into a corner. But nervous, yes. 90 minutes is a long time and I bore of hearing myself talk after not too long. My slides are designed to keep me on track as much as they are for educating the audience.

dbx
06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Damn, I admire you public speakers.

The thing is I quiver and shake and my heart is thumping and my hands get clammy and my voice gets are crackly and I lose my train of thought and I perspire and I can't breathe and sometimes freeze and the whole time I'm thinking that everyone's thinking what the hell is wrong with that chick, and they probably are!

Yeah, I got it bad, which is why I avoid.

It's all about repetition. But even then, like any well known celebrity/entertainer, they ALL get nervous before an engagement. It's human nature. But after the first few minutes or so, the nerves calm down....and you realize you're running the show.

Bando
06-02-2012, 05:22 PM
fame seekers who like to see if they can back a speaker into a corner

A front double bicep usually cools down these asshats.

KRANE
06-02-2012, 05:29 PM
I could almost fill a database. But probably the most telling is my mysophobia--that would be the fear of germs.

I can't say insects in total since most don't bother me, but I have a special disdain for cock roaches, and even more so for the ones that fly.

mslman71
06-02-2012, 05:30 PM
A front double bicep usually cools down these asshats.

I was blessed with a damn good danger face.

dbx
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I was blessed with a damn good danger face.

LOL, repped on recharge for the citing............. :D

whatevergirl
06-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't think it sounds silly -- My dad was killed when I was 9, and I didn't take it well (as one might imagine). Since then, I've emotionally detached from most people until, to this very day, there is almost nobody who would cause me the slightest grief if they were to die (including my family members). I didn't realize I was even doing this until I was an adult.

I cant believe what i am reading ...I feel the same way. But could never articulate it. :(
thank you.

I am sorry for your loss, Karl.

dbx
06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I cant believe what i am reading ...I feel the same way. But could never articulate it. :(
thank you.

I am sorry for your loss, Karl.

Wow, I missed this post (joined the thread late and didn't start from #1).

Karl, really sorry to hear this and can only pretend to feel your pain on this. I realize that you've pretty much moved on, but to share; I was pall bearer at 3 different funerals at age 15...and attended several others before age 18!

The weird part is this; I worry about people thinking that I'm so cold and have no feelings, when I show no emotion toward their suffering. I just became immune to it. I very much have feelings...but I have always hidden them...or don't let them come out (subconsciously) until much later after an event.

X-ring
06-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Easy....getting my ass blown to kingdom come.(srs)

mslman71
06-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Easy....getting my ass blown to kingdom come.(srs)

I thought we were talking about somewhat irrational fears!

Phattso
06-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Fear of heights. I can fly in a plane ok, but looking over a ridge or at the window of a high building, gives me vertigo. If on the treadmill, if there is a commercial about someone climbing a mountain, I turn the channel because I feel I could lose my balance and fall :(

flairon
06-02-2012, 06:39 PM
My biggest fear is other people's fears. Seriously. When I look around at all the people who are so sure that someone is going to jump them or some other country is going to attack and they buy every firearm they can legally own and carry on their person and stock their home with ammo, or our (and other) government(s) that is positive everyone is out to get us and the ensuing arms buildup and tensions seem to never find an end point, my biggest fear is that sooner or later everyone is going to be armed to the teeth and stressed to the breaking point anticipating something that may or may not even come and all it will take is a minor event or something taken the wrong way for there to be a major catastrophe.

Other than that...not much

BigOKgymNut
06-02-2012, 06:41 PM
gerascophobia

Sad but very true.

EB68
06-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I am armed to the hilt, have firearms all over my house with lots of ammo. It isn't out of fear though, I just like guns and use them on a regular basis.

Oceanside
06-02-2012, 07:09 PM
wouldn't call it a phobia but I have a healthy fear of weed eaters (I'm serious) I can be driving down a road in my truck at 40 miles an hour and see some guy using a weed eater next to the street and I'll turn my head every time...

those things can launch a little rock that'll put an eye out and it won't matter how fast you're driving by...

get REALLY irritated if anyone uses one around me too

Corbi
06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
I have no problems speaking in front of large crowds, but put me in a room with 3-5 people grilling me for an interview and I will either freeze up or say the dumbest damn things.

Regarding death, nope don't fear it at all. All older family members are long gone and I faced my own mortality 3 yrs ago with the heart surgery deal so I have come to grips with reality and with 100% sincerity I can state I have zero fear of it.

mslman71
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
wouldn't call it a phobia but I have a healthy fear of weed eaters (I'm serious)

I wonder if this has a medically recognized name for it, and if so, if it existed 20-30 years ago. It would've got me out of so much miserable-a** work...

No, it wouldn't have gotten me out of anything, but my father would've been more amused.

Bando
06-02-2012, 07:43 PM
wouldn't call it a phobia but I have a healthy fear of weed eaters (I'm serious) I can be driving down a road in my truck at 40 miles an hour and see some guy using a weed eater next to the street and I'll turn my head every time...

those things can launch a little rock that'll put an eye out and it won't matter how fast you're driving by...

I was once weedeating with one of the old school heavy ones that you have a shoulder strap for, and the biggest freaking bumble bee came right at my face. I backed up quick and let go of the weedeater, the business part promptly rose up and the string hit the bumble bee which just exploded. All happened in like 1 second, was the craziest thing.

I always wear safety glasses when I use one now, do not want bee stuff in my eyes again.

LisaSkinnoble
06-02-2012, 07:49 PM

I did get hit just below my eye once by a piece of mulch from a weedwhacker. Hurt like heck and it scared me to pieces! And I had a bit ugly red mark right below my eye for about a week.

2nd_chance
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm afraid of long walks on the beach

X-ring
06-03-2012, 07:27 AM
I am afraid of the mop closet in jail.....howzdat?

djflex
06-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Im scared i will get in a accident, be sent to the hospital and forgotten to have put on clean underwear.....

StressMonkey
06-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Im scared i will get in a accident, be sent to the hospital and forgotten to have put on clean underwear.....

Go commando

Tyrbolift
06-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Handfuls of quarters getting thrown at me as I'm just driving along minding my own business.

latebloomingmom
06-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Handfuls of quarters getting thrown at me as I'm just driving along minding my own business.put your clothes back on man and I will put this roll of quarters away!;)

thepowerwithin
06-03-2012, 09:31 AM

LOL, I think about this sort of thing often and keep myself in tip-top cleanliness just in case :o.

Lou1se
06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
I have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

eomrat
06-03-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/03/2-people-dead-after-swarms-venomous-spiders-invade-indian-town/

mslman71
06-03-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/03/2-people-dead-after-swarms-venomous-spiders-invade-indian-town/

I didn't know spiders could "swarm."

Rather I had continued on being blissfully ignorant.

flairon
06-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh..and while i don't 'fear' them...nothing will scare the crap out of me like picking something up and having a palmetto bug race up my arm

thepowerwithin
06-03-2012, 12:20 PM

This would scare the bejeezus out of me.

"Their behavior is highly aggressive.........they leap at anything that comes close.......some victims say the spider latched on to them after biting.......the chelicerea and fangs are quite powerful"

:eek:

That would cause sheer pandemonium!

StressMonkey
06-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Read story title.

Stopped reading.

BigOKgymNut
06-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Ex wived scare the HELL out of me!!!

KRANE
06-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I was once weedeating with one of the old school heavy ones that you have a shoulder strap for, and the biggest freaking bumble bee came right at my face. I backed up quick and let go of the weedeater, the business part promptly rose up and the string hit the bumble bee which just exploded. All happened in like 1 second, was the craziest thing.

I always wear safety glasses when I use one now, do not want bee stuff in my eyes again.Are you aware that bees are our friends and typically harmless? In fact, we could hardly survive without them. They're still used to pollinate most crops, and they won't sting unless they feel threatened--so don't swat at them. Except of course, killer bees in which case you should run for your life.

mslman71
06-03-2012, 04:36 PM
... Except of course, killer bees in which case you should run for your life.

http://mimg.ugo.com/200812/17879/cuts/killer-bees_288x288.jpg

Agreed.

Nikonguy
06-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Oh..and while i don't 'fear' them...nothing will scare the crap out of me like picking something up and having a palmetto bug race up my arm

word. and don't get me started on the ones that fly

grownmanscreamslikeagirl.gif

cowboybiker
06-03-2012, 06:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EkGSG.gif

PowerFlex
06-04-2012, 01:34 AM
being average (Srs)

^^^^^ This! I like the feeling of walking into a room and there's no mistaking that I lift...... HEAVY! :) Wouldn't choose to be skinny again..

mikieson
06-04-2012, 07:30 AM
terrified of bugs EVERY KIND OF BUG...ALSO..amphibians,reptiles,spiders,ect..Ive almost jumped out of a moving vehicle because there was a candida "locus" on the dashboard and my friend "driving" was laughing and having fun..I had the door open and was about to go for it.

m9a1mike
06-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I used to build commercial airliners! And although I didn't get quite as much work done after one of our famous liquid lunches, I still got some work done. Be afraid, be very afraid!! :D

I was not afraid of flying until I read this ;-)

Seriously though, I do have a fear of public speaking. I'll have to look into the toastmasters club.

NitrogenWidget
06-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I was a beekeeper a few years back. Had bees/harvested honey for a bout 10 years. Honeybees are wondeful, amazing creatures. We need them more than they need us. True.

Fears? I used to fear death. I think I'm working through that...then BOOM, my mind gets blown. I fear being dependent on others. That would suck.

I must correct myself.
When I said bee's I should of said Wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, the mean things that infiltrate your home & attack you on site for no reason other than you are there.

Karl_Hungus
06-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Maybe we should sign up. :(

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20120521/spider-phobia-brain-scan-shows-cure-in-1-session

No doubt -- but with my luck, eomrat's cadre of vicious killer spiders would take advantage of my newfound bravery and turn me into a web-covered desiccated corpse.

StressMonkey
06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
No doubt -- but with my luck, eomrat's cadre of vicious killer spiders would take advantage of my newfound bravery and turn me into a web-covered desiccated corpse.

I don't care what anyone says. It's a good thing to be freaked out by brown recluse spiders. Those things can **** you up tremendously.

Karl_Hungus
06-04-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't care what anyone says. It's a good thing to be freaked out by brown recluse spiders. Those things can **** you up tremendously.

Dude, I had hundreds of hobo spiders living in my house about 15 years ago. They have venom like brown recluse, except they are much more aggressive than brown recluse. I sh!t my pants nearly every day.

http://www.hobospider.com/info/index.html

NitrogenWidget
06-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Man how do you kill it when you fear it? If I see a bee I am knocking anyone, man, woman or child, that is in my way, when I run.

I remember once I was in a hospice hospital with my wife, we went for lunch and there was an outside area to eat. I saw a bee from a distance, Patty saw my face and I was out. O knocked down doctors, nurses, patients, peoples trays, everybody that was in my way got knock the f'ck down. Patty was mad embarrassed the whole place was wondering what the f'ck I was running from, they thought it was a terrorist attack or something.

My fear is an irrational need to destroy them.

My neighbors must think i'm full on retarded.
I stock up on bee-spray.

When I find a nest in the side of my house i'll spray like crazy then run away.
Then go back for more.

I can't NOT wait until evening or early morning when their not active or all in the nest initially.

I MUST EXTERMINATE NOW!!

Maybe it's a territorial thing.

A few yrs back we were doing a haunted hay ride for the kids and set up in the woods. I was in a rubber mask up in a tree in an apple orchard.
I'd shake the tree & had a flash light pointing at my face hanging round my neck. Spooky for the kids.

It was dusk & late october & saw something zip by.
Did some more shaking.
something hit my rubber mask.

Saw more things and more things started hitting my rubber mask.
I Looked up & about 5 feet over my head was the biggest damn bees nest I ever saw & they were swarming & attacking my head!

I literally dropped 10 - 12ft straight to the ground using my arms to catch branches to slow me down, dropped to my knees when I hit & just ran screaming like a little girl past everyone.

They all thought it was funny.
All I could think about was If I wasn't wearing that rubber mask...........

latebloomingmom
06-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Dude, I had hundreds of hobo spiders living in my house about 15 years ago. They have venom like brown recluse, except they are much more aggressive than brown recluse. I sh!t my pants nearly every day.

see^^^^^^ what I mean Karl:)

Karl_Hungus
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
see^^^^^^ what I mean Karl:)

I have to get at least one reference in per day :D

myownprison89
06-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Snakes and loss of control.
I have a creek behind my house, which means moccasins and copper heads galore. Fml.

Gary89
06-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Try the feeling of doing the first test depth dive on a new construction submarine after witnessing the hull welders smoking their lunch. That was tense.

mtpockets
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
When the day comes that I need viagra so I don't pee on my shoes.

m9a1mike
06-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Try the feeling of doing the first test depth dive on a new construction submarine after witnessing the hull welders smoking their lunch. That was tense.

I bet that sounded a little crunchy !?!? ;-)

mslman71
06-04-2012, 11:41 AM

http://populistarthouse.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dasboot.jpg

KRANE
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
No doubt -- but with my luck, eomrat's cadre of vicious killer spiders would take advantage of my newfound bravery and turn me into a web-covered desiccated corpse.There is no such thing. Spiders are neither vicious nor killer. The are shy timid creatures that avoid man but have a ravenous appetite for other harmful insects. They are our friends. Treat them with care and be glad we have them around.

mslman71
06-04-2012, 05:54 PM
There is no such thing. Spiders are neither vicious nor killer. The are shy timid creatures that avoid man but have a ravenous appetite for other harmful insects. They are our friends. Treat them with care and be glad we have them around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154047/Spiders-invade-Sadiya-Assam-region-India-Two-dead.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

KRANE
06-04-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154047/Spiders-invade-Sadiya-Assam-region-India-Two-dead.html?ito=feeds-newsxmlReally? I'm sure those spiders were there long before man "invaded" their territory. Leave them alone, and the spiders will leave you alone. Spiders do not eat people.

mslman71
06-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Really? I'm sure those spiders were there long before man "invaded" their territory. Leave them alone, and the spiders will leave you alone.

I don't think spiders have a moral compass.

BigOKgymNut
06-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Funnel web spiders attact people every year in Australia.

Saw it on TV. Must be true.

Just sayin.

KRANE
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Funnel web spiders attact people every year in Australia.

Saw it on TV. Must be true.

Just sayin.LOL, I knew it was just a matter of time before someone went here. Same as before: All spiders are venomous but don't pose a threat and you'll be fine.
I don't think spiders have a moral compass.No, but as arachnids go, they are predictable.

pharmamarketer
06-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Seriously though, I do have a fear of public speaking. I'll have to look into the toastmasters club.
Toastmasters are great. I use to do them all the time. I still go but not as often. It will help. I have never really had a fear of public speaking but it definitely made me better

LisaSkinnoble
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
There is no such thing. Spiders are neither vicious nor killer. The are shy timid creatures that avoid man but have a ravenous appetite for other harmful insects. They are our friends. Treat them with care and be glad we have them around.

My mom always says this. But I don't think she's talking about the poisonous/venomous ones. I think she's talking about the ordinary little ones you find in the house now and then. She says they eat the bugs you definitely don't want in your house. I'm not a fan of them, but they don't send me running. I can squish them.

KRANE
06-04-2012, 06:25 PM
My mom always says this. But I don't think she's talking about the poisonous/venomous ones. I think she's talking about the ordinary little ones you find in the house now and then. She says they eat the bugs you definitely don't want in your house. I'm not a fan of them, but they don't send me running. I can squish them.Your mom sounds like a very smart lady. On the other hand, I guess if it wasn't irrational, it wouldn't be a phobia.

pvsampson
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Same as before: All spiders are venomous but don't pose a threat and you'll be fine.

Wrong.Lots of spiders here are a threat.They hide in shoes,clothing,bedding,under furniture...even toilet seats.The majority are considered harmless,but we have some very,very dangerous species here.

KRANE
06-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Wrong.Lots of spiders here are a threat.They hide in shoes,clothing,bedding,under furniture...even toilet seats.The majority are considered harmless,but we have some very,very dangerous species here.They are coming for you!

http://gardenofallah.com/Images/Giant_Spider03.jpg

pvsampson
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
They are coming for you!

http://gardenofallah.com/Images/Giant_Spider03.jpg

Good,because I fear nothing but fear itself.

Does not stop something being a threat though.

mslman71
06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
http://img.medscape.com/pi/features/slideshow-slide/spider-bite/fig9.jpg

A not-so-gory brown recluse bite after excision of necrotic tissue and some recovery time. These f'ers are all over the Southeast and they can kill.

MOD: This is not intended to be gore for gore's sake.

pharmamarketer
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM

I think someone needs to lighten up

KRANE
06-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I think someone needs to lighten upSomeone has to defend the spiders.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Z6OyJfBKnXk/TA3Sg_UDL1I/AAAAAAAALbU/fWvYXEmVRUg/s1600/funny-pictures-spider-scared-you.jpg

BigOKgymNut
06-04-2012, 07:30 PM
LOL, I knew it was just a matter of time before someone went here. Same as before: All spiders are venomous but don't pose a threat and you'll be fine.No, but as arachnids go, they are predictable.

I just stay out of Australia. Lol

Brackneyc
06-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Apathy.

BigOKgymNut
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Spiders don't kill people!!! People kill people!!!

Oh wait. That my NRA chant.

Damn! Sorry...

pharmamarketer
06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Someone has to defend the spiders.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Z6OyJfBKnXk/TA3Sg_UDL1I/AAAAAAAALbU/fWvYXEmVRUg/s1600/funny-pictures-spider-scared-you.jpg

Fair enough. Better you than me

mikieson
06-04-2012, 08:11 PM
should we hug a tree while petting our spiders too?..treat them with care?..LOL...yea, I'll do that..

StressMonkey
06-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Opened link. Rapidly closed link.

A not-so-gory brown recluse bite after excision of necrotic tissue and some recovery time. These f'ers are all over the Southeast and they can kill.

MOD: This is not intended to be gore for gore's sake.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WendyPalmer
06-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I have an awful fear of spaghetti and meatballs, I know its weird but you put a plate of that in front of me and I will be running and screaming out the door faster than an overclocked touchpad running sytstem 4.0.

Lou1se
06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
How did you like this scene? :D

pA0ffVBw584

pvsampson
06-04-2012, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjDAiq2-xeU

bigvin73
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Mines kinda funny ladders and heights are my fobia. It's funny cause I'm so dam tall but like I always tell people god made me 6'6" tall for a reason if he wanted me to reach higher I'd be taller lol

BigOKgymNut
06-05-2012, 11:14 AM
A couple rattlesnakes I found in the Wichita Mts. in Oklahoma.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/bigokgymnut/_facebook_2063432190_.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/bigokgymnut/_facebook_643367730_.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/bigokgymnut/95facebook95137256818595.jpg

I grew up catching and playing with snakes so they do not bother me.

Spiders though... A fear I picked up from my mommy.

I did have pics of terantellas we walked up on in OK, but I can't seem to find them.

mslman71
06-05-2012, 11:27 AM
A couple rattlesnakes I found in the Wichita Mts. in Oklahoma.

[IMG]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/bigokgymnut/_facebook_2063432190_.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/bigokgymnut/_facebook_643367730_.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/bigokgymnut/95facebook95137256818595.jpg[IMG]

I grew up catching and playing with snakes so they do not bother me.

Spiders though... A fear I picked up from my mommy.

I did have pics of terantellas we walked up on in OK, but I can't seem to find them.

Agh, major hibbie jibbies.

skin crawling.

run away, run away.

BigOKgymNut
06-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Lol.

If you look close, the last does not have a rattle. I was standinding next to the dead snake for over a minute before I discovered it!
It was a fresh kill.

Gary89
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Just realized from the Over 35 Chat Thread my fear is Kathy Bates holding a sledge hammer.

Karl_Hungus
06-05-2012, 09:56 PM

I was executing a bit of dramatic license to express my personal distaste for them, but I do recognize the things you say above as being objectively true.

danap3681
06-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Spiders (no matter how big or small)... and my # 1 that frightens the hell out of me is a lizard. My roomate years ago thought it would be hilarious to let his pet iguana out of his cage in the utility room to scare me. I opened the door & that thing chased me through the house. I dove onto the couch & it leaped over my head & onto the curtains. I have been terrified of any type of lizard since then. Went to Cancun 2 years ago & the iguanas were everywhere soaking up the sunshine on the walkways & under bushes! UGH!

We have those little "regular" lizards who love to hang out on my porch. My son loves to chase me with them until I lock myself in the bathroom. Lil BRAT!

Roniboney
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Treadmilobia.

fell off one and got burn marks on my face 3 years ago.The 2nd time I ended up flying back into an exercise bike.Never ever again.They scare the crap outta me.

cowboybiker
06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Just realized from the Over 35 Chat Thread my fear is Kathy Bates holding a sledge hammer.As it should be. :eek:

KRANE
06-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I was executing a bit of dramatic license to express my personal distaste for them, but I do recognize the things you say above as being objectively true.There was a little one in my closet the other day. I just picked up my books from around him an went on about my business.

neosanders
06-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Geckos and lizards,...come summer months and they are crawling all over the walls in these hot, arid conditions.

mal1ce
06-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Not necessarily scared of heights, but I get the weird urge to throw myself off tall buildings...even with no gear. Crazy I know, but it's the adrenalin junkie in me.

Scared of losing my health and/or being fat.

n0rm
06-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Lived in Hawaii when I was younger and all I can remember is the big cockroaches that fly.

and heights...

graybeard
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Easy, big dives in the stock market

superman713
06-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Spiders like a MOFO!!!!! snakes arent very popular with me either. Bees as well freak me out!!!!

Lets see if anyone remembers this??? When I was little and probably to this day, I was scared ****less of that TV show Madam. anyone remember that creepy Biotch???? LOL

drudixon
06-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Hate needles myself.