PDA

View Full Version : Wats ur favorite coffee!?!

Nikonguy
06-02-2012, 06:44 AM
:D

On the real, I usually stick with Folgers, any of the darker blends.

I also like French Market. :)

Brackneyc
06-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Folgers Breakfast blend.

BlackHeart.au
06-02-2012, 06:55 AM

I love to wake up and drive to work with a Large hot low fat Cappuccino from a place that can make good coffee.

That International roast has to be one of the most disgusting "Instant" coffee to walk this earth.

Note: In Japan they had "Honey Macadamia" Latte. The taste was unbelievable.

2nd_chance
06-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Starbucks. Dark. Black. Strong.

make my own in my bunn coffee maker

BlackHeart.au
06-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Starbucks. Dark. Black. Strong.

make my own in my bunn coffee maker

I really miss Starbucks... We don't have any here in Aus. I just don't enjoy home made coffee. Take away coffee is the only thing that makes me look forward for before going to work. Really prepares me to think about work, kinda winds me up.

thomashenry
06-02-2012, 07:18 AM
As Crazy as some may think, Been drinking Chock Full of Nuts since I was a Kid, nothing like the smell of fresh coffee in the Morn, or bacon, and fresh cut grass

pharmamarketer
06-02-2012, 07:19 AM
I have read the thread 18 times and hopefully I have prepared an answer that is acceptable to the group. My answer is as follows:

I, pharmamarketer, prefer the Newman's Special Blend. I have a Keurig K-Cup machine, that I absolutely love. They make the mornings easier. I hope you found my answer to your liking

djflex
06-02-2012, 07:30 AM
I like a nice dark full bodied columbian....

Actually i like my women like that as well...

baker
06-02-2012, 07:54 AM
My favorite at the moment is Donut Shop on the Keurig. I also like Starbucks Ice Coffee in the afternoons. No wonder I don't sleep.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 07:55 AM
I like my coffee dark and strong...and then I get to sweeten it up a little:)

FlaIronMind
06-02-2012, 08:20 AM
I have several coffees that I like. Usually brew 'em up on a stove-top percolator, though I do have an electric one (percolator) too. Also have an automatic drip.

Coffees...

Peet's.
Eight O' Clock.
Chock Full O' Nuts.
Yuban.
Dunkin' Donuts.
French Market (both w/ and w/o chicory)
Folgers.
Kirkland Colombian.
Starbucks.
Kaladi Brothers.
Illy.
Lavazza.

For Cuban coffee, it's usually Bustelo or Pilon, though Cafe La Llave is good too. Whichever is on sale is what we'll get for those.

When I am back home in SF, I absolutely love going to Peet's. It's my favorite. Though I sometimes go to the "roasting companies" in the Bay Area such as Santa Cruz Roasting Company, Los Gatos Roasting Company, etc.

Yeah, I love coffee.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I have read the thread 18 times and hopefully I have prepared an answer that is acceptable to the group. My answer is as follows:

I, pharmamarketer, prefer the Newman's Special Blend. I have a Keurig K-Cup machine, that I absolutely love. They make the mornings easier. I hope you found my answer to your liking

:D That was good, very good.

My favorite is shots of this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ36bvPV_DHiQHs0MpklpoNEWU7lCRXK z4A6bUYw-3moKNhgiN6

Simpy
06-02-2012, 09:27 AM
8 o'clock coffee for the price.

Blue Mountain from Jamaica when I feel like splurging.

I prefer to drink coffee right after a workout. Drinking a cup right now post interval runs.

-=FLEX=-
06-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Whatever is on sale. We don't even buy name brand coffee. It's expensive as hell. $17.99 for the name brand stuff and $9.99 for the no name stuff. I'll take the store brand and keep the $8 difference.

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Folgers French Roast.

But once a week I treat myself to a Starbucks Quad Venti White Mocha.

Its almost 700 calories.

pharmamarketer
06-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Folgers French Roast.

Its almost 700 calories.

You could get banned for that kind of crazy talk

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
You could get banned for that kind of crazy talkhttp://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fainting/grand/fainting-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-457.gif

Smelly bull
06-02-2012, 10:41 AM

This IS the kind of post that PISSES me off.. WTF..the fukking thread is about your FAVORITE coffee, not what you MAKE it in.

:)

Besides, real men just take a dip of coffee between their cheek and gum and chew on it...

pharmamarketer
06-02-2012, 10:41 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fainting/grand/fainting-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-457.gif

Aaaa

IronCharles
06-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Whatever is on sale. We don't even buy name brand coffee. It's expensive as hell. $17.99 for the name brand stuff and $9.99 for the no name stuff. I'll take the store brand and keep the $8 difference.This. I usually buy the Walmart coffee for $5.99 a can. Tastes as good as any other canned brand. When I sit down with my bros after training for a nice cup of coffee, they can't tell how cheap I am! :)

tsoden
06-02-2012, 11:18 AM
i like a variety of coffee's but usually my fav is Starbucks Pike Place medium.

larryinpa
06-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Starbucks when I'm on the road. I actually like dunkin donuts, but only when I can buy the coffee when I make it myself. I don't like the way the stores make it.

Illy and Lavazza are favorites too, but Illy is expensive and Lavazza is hard to find.

-=FLEX=-
06-02-2012, 11:38 AM
When I sit down with my bros after training for a nice cup of coffee

LMAO. Aware. :D

IronCharles
06-02-2012, 11:55 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/jim_never_has_a_second_cup_of_coffee_at_home_card-p137186080413820125z85p0_400.jpg

paolo59
06-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I really like that instant Nescafe! A little bitter, but with some cream and sugar, it's mighty good!

Frnkd
06-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I thought bringing this up would ban you? confused.

but my favorite is whatever is on the rack of my Keurig

Kona coffee otherwise.

Nalu
06-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Kona coffee, of course!

whatevergirl
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Gevalia....

wedjim
06-02-2012, 01:39 PM
This. I usually buy the Walmart coffee for $5.99 a can. Tastes as good as any other canned brand. When I sit down with my bros after training for a nice cup of coffee, they can't tell how cheap I am! :)

BINGO! Same here, unless i'm out for a treat, then it's dunkin Donuts!

Works for me

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/c/cup_of_stfu-12259.jpg

waldopepper
06-02-2012, 02:06 PM
This. I usually buy the Walmart coffee for $5.99 a can. Tastes as good as any other canned brand. When I sit down with my bros after training for a nice cup of coffee, they can't tell how cheap I am! :)

There's a website called coffee review.com that rated Walmart's 100% Columbian as better than Folgers or Maxwell House. That's what we always get now. My all time favorite is a Grande Starbucks Americano - wish I could make something like that at home - man, those things are good!

jeffaus
06-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I really dont know why people like starbucks, its crap IMHO. The best coffee I have ever had is Illy. Its from Northern Italy and anytime I see a coffee shop that has the Illy logo out front, I have to stop and have a brew. MMMMMM, I can smell it brewing now :)

ReconRon1b847077
06-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Cowboy.

Black and which the grind still in it. Best when roasted over a camp fire.

BlackHeart.au
06-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Folgers French Roast.

Its almost 700 calories.

I'd like to see the responses, if you posted that in the nut forums. I would say the answers would be similar to this:

"why waste all your cals on a coffee?"

"I'd rather have Ben & jerrys IMO"

Blah blah blah.

Maybe he just likes a nice delicacy Coffee?

Ronlex
06-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Anything hazelnut!

BlackHeart.au
06-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Anything hazelnut!

Caramel Peanut butter capp FTW!

MiamiSpartan
06-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Chock Full of Nuts or Segafredo decaf....

Oceanside
06-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I couldn't tell the difference between two different brands of coffee if ya put a gun to my head

dungeonmistress
06-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Philz tesora or ether
Starbucks house blend
Rainbow Grocers Mayan Thunderfck (it' not really called that, it's called Mayan Mud but I prefer Mayan Thunderfck).

cowboybiker
06-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I'd like to see the responses, if you posted that in the nut forums. I would say the answers would be similar to this:

"why waste all your cals on a coffee?"

"I'd rather have Ben & jerrys IMO"

Blah blah blah.

Maybe he just likes a nice delicacy Coffee?LOL.
They dont call it the "Nut" misc. for nothing.

robosphere
06-03-2012, 04:47 AM
Store brand, unless Chock Full'o Nuts is on sale

jamacdon
06-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Green Mountain Dark Magic or Double Black Diamond. Everything else is dirty ashtray water ;)

Phattso
06-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Currently a 50/50 mix of Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks dark Espresso. I make in on the stove, because the coffee makers make the water too hot and that brings out unwanted bitterness. I wait until the filtered water is almost at a boil, turn off the heat. Then, with the coffee in a metal filter, I dip the coffee in the water with tongs and stir it for about 60 seconds.

Black with a little sweetener. Most triumphant :)

latebloomingmom
06-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I couldn't tell the difference between two different brands of coffee if ya put a gun to my head
geez taste tests in California are brutal:(

wedjim
06-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I know geico insurance tastes better, seen it on TV, must be true...

but not sure about coffee if ANYTHING has been put in it to hide the fact that it's coffee?

llahhsoj
06-03-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.siphawaii.com/Siteimages/Hawaiian_Isles_Coffee_Kona_Mix_and_Match.png

Kona "Vanilla Macademia Nut", I believe it is called. I haven't had it since I left the Army in Hawaii in 02, but that is my favorite.

TooSlow
06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I brew Starbucks Pike Place at home and at my office. It's ~$10/lb and I don't go through it very often.

DubfromGA
06-04-2012, 07:51 AM
8 o'clock coffee for the price.

Blue Mountain from Jamaica when I feel like splurging.

I prefer to drink coffee right after a workout. Drinking a cup right now post interval runs.

I gave my mother two pounds of Blue Mountain beans. Best stuff I've ever had. I have a friend who grew up in Jamaica & has family there. They grew the same coffee on their farm, but due to the farm's lower altitude, it couldn't be certified as Blue Mountain.

He brings it back with him on each trip home. Flavor is unsurpassed.

My house coffee is Dunkin Doughnuts Original Whole Bean. I grind it really fine.

I also use the Dunkin K-cups in my Keurig. There is a brand of herbal tea for Keurig use I like, too....sort of a nighttime-wind down tea.....struggling to find it locally.

At work, I keep a large can of Folder's ready for fast use in our Bunn.

DubfromGA
06-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Store brand, unless Chock Full'o Nuts is on sale

When is Chock Full'o Nuts not on sale?

Lou1se
06-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Currently I am drinking Nescafe Greenblend, claims to deliver 70% more antioxidants than green tea. Not sure where!!?? Because I ain't seen any... :D It's the first time I have been able to enjoy a coffee without the sugar so am happy to stick with it for now :)

kjake55
06-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Good ole fashion Maxwell House at home when I'm brewing a whole pot. Timothy's Espresso blend when I go for a single cup and Dunkin when I'm out and about. I would prefer Starbucks but I think Dunkin has a lock in my are because that's all you can find around here. The king of coffee though imo is Seattle's Best.

NitrogenWidget
06-04-2012, 09:13 AM
If Chock full o' nuts is on sale i'll crab that.
Otherwise I'll grab whatever Big Lot's has for 3$.
They all kinds of stuff you've never heard of like Elvis Coffee & stuff like that.

I use unsweetened vanilla Almond milk as a creamer and that makes even awful coffee taste good.

SasaAndWendy
06-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I think it really does make a difference how you make the coffee. I wouldn't have said that before yesterday when I tried a "cup at at time" brewed coffee at a local shop. This Guatemalan (http://ristrettoroasters.com/buy-coffee/product-category/guatemala-huehuetenango-shb-washed/) was amazing. I drink it black anyways but this is the first time I could pick up notes of spice and citrus in a cup of coffee. Really awesome stuff and definitely my new favorite.

mtpockets
06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
After a workout, I like to have whatever the aspiring bodybuilders are having.

tsoden
06-04-2012, 11:17 AM
After a workout, I like to have whatever the aspiring bodybuilders are having.

I see what you did dere.....

DocHoss
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Peets - strong and black, like a Caribbean woman. Wait, did I really say that? Anniversary Blend as I type this.
Lavazzo is nice. Jacob's when I'm in Germany (though I tend to bring Peet's with me).
Starbucks if I'm away from Peet's country and don't know what to do. Used to be good when United served Starbuck's, but now they serve crap. And the decaf is instant crap.
Kona - used to get Tu'i farm, from a nurse my mom worked with. I also have green beans from a friend's farm that I roast in the popcorn popper.

Rainbow Grocers Mayan Thunderfck (it' not really called that, it's called Mayan Mud but I prefer Mayan Thunderfck).
You're just too awesome. I want to try some of that.

DubfromGA
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Philz tesora or ether
Starbucks house blend

Love the sound of that.

There are a few products that I'll rename, too.

Brb, making a list of good'uns.

baker
06-04-2012, 06:22 PM
I have a lot of coffee to buy after reading this thread.