PDA

View Full Version : Butter or Margarine? Whats better for bodybuilding?

FrankPalmer
06-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I would think butter but it has more fat but less chemicals? Whats your take on butter?

mslman71
06-01-2012, 05:19 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7071/7317418468_b5f6928d9b_c.jpg

justboo2u
06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

KerryGold Irish Butter!

Its almost injectable... :rolleyes:
:D

KRANE
06-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Whats your take on butter?Moderation. But when I'm in the mood, I always prefer the real thing.

cowboybiker
06-01-2012, 05:42 PM
http://www.suncries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/i-want-to-believe-butter.jpg

thepowerwithin
06-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Always butter.

so-tex
06-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Falfurrias jersey butter FTW.

beachguy498
06-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Someone I work with, his wife came down with breast cancer and is now doing well, one of the things she was told to avoid in her diet was margarine. I have always preferred the taste of butter myself, it has to be more natural in composition anyway.

Rob

dbx
06-01-2012, 07:46 PM
No question about it; I always use real butter. In fact, I will not use margarine. But then, the only time I ever use butter is; with baked potato and for dipping lobster into :). (srs).

beachguy498
06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
No question about it; I always use real butter. In fact, I will not use margarine. But then, the only time I ever use butter is; with baked potato and for dipping lobster into :). (srs).

I'll use stick butter to cook eggs in and whipped butter on english muffins and in some recipes. To be really bad for you, you'd have to be eating it every day straight out of the tub. Another thing where moderation is key.

Rob

dbx
06-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I'll use stick butter to cook eggs in and whipped butter on english muffins and in some recipes. To be really bad for you, you'd have to be eating it every day straight out of the tub. Another thing where moderation is key.

Rob

Agreed. If nobody here even recalls, lol, it was; butter will kill you...margarine is best. Then, wait, we made a mistake....butter is bettet than the evil margarine.

IOW, they don't know what the fck they're talking about. The point goes to...the natural product FTW!

crupiea
06-01-2012, 08:02 PM
margarine is what they use to lubricate the machine that makes the butter.

I pity the fool who prefers margarine.

LisaSkinnoble
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Funny we're all replying to the latest troll, and I will too!

Butter keeps you fuller longer. And it has better flavour. In the end, you'll feel more satisfied. ;)

My Mom and my Aunt recalled just a few years ago, how, when they were children, margarine came in a tub with a little capsule of yellow food-colouring in it, and it was a bit of a contest to see who my Grandma would allow to puncture and mix up the margarine. "It's my turn!"

pvsampson
06-01-2012, 08:18 PM
At one point margarine was made from whale and seal oil as well as other sources.Would like to see them try that nowadays!

johnwalk2
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
butter on keto

dbx
06-01-2012, 08:27 PM
And it has better flavor. "

*fixed*

Freaking Canadians .... :rolleyes:

pvsampson
06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
^^^Depends on how much colour goes into it.

dbx
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
^^^Depends on how much colour goes into it.

You're just an outlaw extension, so stop it.

SP1966
06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
The point goes to...the natural product FTW!

Ding ding ding... we have a winner.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.0.401.401/p403x403/35905_10150889073508407_78277823406_9604573_328682 523_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/156423_459189290773354_837054726_n.jpg

Both images stolen from my favorite hippies Facebook page! :)

LisaSkinnoble
06-01-2012, 08:39 PM
At one point margarine was made from whale and seal oil as well as other sources.Would like to see them try that nowadays!

*fixed*

Freaking Canadians .... :rolleyes:

well, if we're talking about seals....

......you know how we Canucks feel about the clubbing of baby seals...

itsagoodday
06-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I thought butter would be better for bodybuilding, but it wasn't true. I greased myself up thoroughly, and kept slipping off all the equipment. Will try margarine tomorrow and report back.

eomrat
06-01-2012, 09:40 PM
We still cook in Lard at my house. Not always, not even often, but there are things that I would never let oil get near. I am not scared of that, so I am damn sure not scared of butter.

edit - I lol'd at goodday above.

so-tex
06-01-2012, 09:46 PM
We still cook in Lard at my house. Not always, not even often, but there are things that I would never let oil get near. I am not scared of that, so I am damn sure not scared of butter.

edit - I lol'd at goodday above.We still use lard on occasion. I grew up on lard. My daughter does not like fried deer meat. Last year, I cooked up some using lard, and she went nuts over it.

eomrat
06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
We still use lard on occasion. I grew up on lard. My daughter does not like fried deer meat. Last year, I cooked up some using lard, and she went nuts over it.

I am nowhere near good enough of a cook to fry wild game in anything other than lard. I also will not eat catfish cooked in anything other than lard, same for chicken liver, oysters, southern fried steak.

so-tex
06-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I am nowhere near good enough of a cook to fry wild game in anything other than lard. I also will not eat catfish cooked in anything other than lard, same for chicken liver, oysters, southern fried steak.Lard makes everything taste better, from fried food to homemade tortillas.

IronCharles
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I thought butter would be better for bodybuilding, but it wasn't true. I greased myself up thoroughly, and kept slipping off all the equipment. Will try margarine tomorrow and report back.In for vids! :D

SP1966
06-01-2012, 10:08 PM

We still use lard on occasion. I grew up on lard. My daughter does not like fried deer meat. Last year, I cooked up some using lard, and she went nuts over it.

I am nowhere near good enough of a cook to fry wild game in anything other than lard. I also will not eat catfish cooked in anything other than lard, same for chicken liver, oysters, southern fried steak.

Lard makes everything taste better, from fried food to homemade tortillas.

I like where this thread is headed.

DocHoss
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
There is NO substitute for butter or lard. Just use in moderation.

beachguy498
06-02-2012, 06:43 AM

Lard or fatback is what gives a lot of spanish cooking the outrageous flavor. Not like you cook with a ton of it and a little in a hot pan goes a long way.

Rob

tmonkey
06-02-2012, 07:06 AM
the answer is clear

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7232/7320468838_863c00fab1_z.jpg

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 07:42 AM
I thought butter would be better for bodybuilding, but it wasn't true. I greased myself up thoroughly, and kept slipping off all the equipment. Will try margarine tomorrow and report back.
no no...lift first then shower then smooth it all over your skin:)

Nikonguy
06-02-2012, 08:51 AM
no no...lift first then shower then smooth it all over your skin and put on a dress made of pancakes and syrup :)

fixed ;)

itsagoodday
06-02-2012, 09:05 AM
no no...lift first then shower then smooth it all over your skin and put on a dress made of pancakes and syrup

I knew I could count on you guys! This should really help with my sticking-to-the-furniture goals for 2012.

Now to figure out which of my shoes matches bacon so I can complete the ensemble.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 09:29 AM
fixed ;)is this your favorite breakfast?;)

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I knew I could count on you guys! This should really help with my sticking-to-the-furniture goals for 2012.

Now to figure out which of my shoes matches bacon so I can complete the ensemble.
depends on what you are trying to accomplish...uh which piece of furniture you wanna stick to?
slap that bacon on all over..I hear it does wonders...

IronCharles
06-02-2012, 10:15 AM
slap that bacon on all over..I hear it does wonders...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.asylum.com/media/2010/11/bacon-bikini-contest.jpg

itsagoodday
06-02-2012, 10:46 AM

I can't help but note that the brunette was the only one intelligent enough to cook her bacon before using it.

;)

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I can't help but note that the brunette was the only one intelligent enough to cook her bacon before using it.

;)haaa haaa and it shrinks when ya do :)

SP1966
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM

;)

And I cannot help but note that the one wearing the most pork, is the most porky.

GrahamSteel
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I would think butter but it has more fat but less chemicals? Whats your take on butter?

Butter is better, Testosterone is made in the body from saturated fat. Butter is saturated fat. Its that simple.

KRANE
06-02-2012, 02:49 PM

RobPfff, like that's something people find hard to do.
Lard or fatback is what gives a lot of spanish cooking the outrageous flavor. Not like you cook with a ton of it and a little in a hot pan goes a long way.

Rob
Lard makes everything taste better, from fried food to homemade tortillas.

I like where this thread is headed.Let me guess:

http://cdn6.fotosearch.com/bthumb/CSP/CSP831/k8319334.jpg

eomrat
06-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Pfff, like that people find that hard to do.Let me guess:

Nope. Good cholesterol has always been very, very good and bad cholesterol has always been normal to low. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, friend.

You remind me of something.

In the 90's we used to have to go twice a year for a "health assessment". We gave blood, got our BD taken, gave a urine sample and filled out a 3 or 4 page questionnaire.

My first one was in Bad Hersfeld, Ge and the lady who interviewed me was from somewhere up north (I think Massachusetts)

Anyway, while she was interviewing me and discussing my lab results she kept insisting that I stop "Messing around" and that I take this seriously. I had no idea what she was talking about and eventually she called a supervisor in to tell on me for being a "little smart ass"

Miss Yankee bitch then goes on to explain to her supervisor that all my blood results are excellent, but that I am claiming to have eaten Pork Chops, scattered potatoes, grits drowned in real butter and salt, and fried eggs for breakfast most of my life as well as eating fried chicken 5 nights a week and drinking coffee from the time I was 8 or 9.

Luckily for me the supervisor was from South Carolina and thought that my upbringing sounded damn nice.

I haven't changed my diet much and me blood results are still great.

You can keep eating shytty, chemical filled garbage and calling it healthy. I have a Brisquit in the smoker that is just about done and a 12'er of Dos Equis in the fridge. Lets see who lives longer.

so-tex
06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Same here. Cholesterol levels are normal. I have blood drawn once per year. My mom, who is 84 also has normal cholesterol levels. Her diet is much the same as mine.

SP1966
06-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Pfff, like that people find that hard to do.Let me guess:

:rolleyes: Hows that statin working out for you?

You can keep eating shytty, chemical filled garbage and calling it healthy. I have a Brisquit in the smoker that is just about done and a 12'er of Dos Equis in the fridge. Lets see who lives longer.

Exactly! The side effects of a steak is a much shorter read then on bottle of statin pills!!

dbx
06-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Nope. Good cholesterol has always been very, very good and bad cholesterol has always been normal to low. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, friend.

You remind me of something.

In the 90's we used to have to go twice a year for a "health assessment". We gave blood, got our BD taken, gave a urine sample and filled out a 3 or 4 page questionnaire.

My first one was in Bad Hersfeld, Ge and the lady who interviewed me was from somewhere up north (I think Massachusetts)

Anyway, while she was interviewing me and discussing my lab results she kept insisting that I stop "Messing around" and that I take this seriously. I had no idea what she was talking about and eventually she called a supervisor in to tell on me for being a "little smart ass"

Miss Yankee bitch then goes on to explain to her supervisor that all my blood results are excellent, but that I am claiming to have eaten Pork Chops, scattered potatoes, grits drowned in real butter and salt, and fried eggs for breakfast most of my life as well as eating fried chicken 5 nights a week and drinking coffee from the time I was 8 or 9.

Luckily for me the supervisor was from South Carolina and thought that my upbringing sounded damn nice.

I haven't changed my diet much and me blood results are still great.

You shoulda slapped the bitch, threwer in the kah, tookah to Havid Yad and had ya way witha. Just sayin'.........

eomrat
06-02-2012, 04:09 PM
You shoulda slapped the bitch, threwer in the kah, tookah to Havid Yad and had ya way witha. Just sayin'.........

ymsHLkB8u3s

KRANE
06-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Nope. Good cholesterol has always been very, very good and bad cholesterol has always been normal to low. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, friend.Don't try to con me Biff. We're talking about lard here, not high-density lipoprotein.

eomrat
06-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't try to con me Biff. We're talking about lard here, not high-density lipoprotein.

I do not know what your post means.

dbx
06-02-2012, 05:30 PM
ymsHLkB8u3s

Exactly, my friend. That ^ truly is my group of friends that I grew up with. I suppose that I ended up as the Matt Damon, lofl, but ONLY after moving away and having a different "education" and perspective on life. And no, would never pretend to be as wicked smaht, as him. Just the guy who ....left town....

MontyMagpie
06-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Olive oil.