PDA

View Full Version : I Swear: some people just like hearing themselves "talk" on here......RANT

JOHN GARGANI
06-01-2012, 01:24 PM
oh boy, I'm sure this one will sit well for some people, but I just have to rant a bit....

Before responding in typical fashion to any question post, do people REALLY take the time to READ THE ENTIRE FRIGGIN' POST????????????

are you so anxious to drone on about your preferences in BB, that you don't stop to think about what might be obviously wrong by the poster???

Example: Kid who posted about his "Anorexic" "mum" and a training routine and diet info.....

right away, here are some replies:

1. well, I don't know about the squats, she might not need them....

2. uhhhh, maybe she won't need the Gain weigh shake.....

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO out there......

you have a kid talking about how his mother might be anorexic, doesn't train, doesn't have any energy, etc, right or wrong, and right away you start giving training or diet advice????????

the ONLY 1st answer, and what should be the end of the thread is to say " Get thee to a doctor" end of thread...next.....

really......

another one:

the guy who did a training session with someone he met here on BB.com, an "Aspiring" bodybuilder, and then, afterwards, "SAT DOWN FOR A COFFEE" and discussed nutrition....

same thing...right away, opinion after opinion....about diet, when to eat, whether you enjoy eating...etc....

didn't ANYONE think it strange that an ASPIRING bodybuilder would sit down for a coffee after a workout????

I mean, I would say, what are they, a bunch of women, but I would be insulting our wondrous Female members on here who wouldn't be caught DEAD having anything but some sort of BB related shake or nutrition type of thingie after a workout......

This is NOT being "technical"....the problem, is that, I will read a post a couple of times before I comment, and at least try to make sure I understand where it is coming from, and if I see some sort of obvious discrepancy, I would prefer to ask the OP to clear that up from the beginning, so that you can then get on with the possible good answers or replies.....

look....these are just two very recent examples, but really, this happens SO MUCH on here....

POSTER: "I've had recent back, knee and ankle surgery and cant do squats...etc"

REPLIER: " have you tried front squats, I have always found they put less pressure on my back"...

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

GIVE ME A BLUE ONE.....no, A RED ONE.......

for Chrissakes, the guy just told you that he has been essentially put back together....and you can't wait an instant to tell him and us, all about your preference for front squats........

I can't stand it anymore....lol.......

I must reduce my caffeine...I must.....calm down you old man, you...calm down......

lol.....

cowboybiker
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Thats why I just stay for the miscing.

There's only a few I would take advice from here and usualy depends on the question.

Unless of course its Ironwill who is all knowing and all powerfull.

mtpockets
06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh I hear ya, and some of them are toting pistols. Now thats dangerous.

Iceman1800
06-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I've heard decaf helps :)

-=FLEX=-
06-01-2012, 01:32 PM
in.

JOHN GARGANI
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm back....lol.....

here is another one:

POSTER: my left pec is "MUCH" bigger than my right one"

1st REPLIER : "here is my favorite balance your pecs routine...blah blah blah"

ZONK!!!!!!!!!

only possible answer; give us a pic of said condition......

POSTER: I don't have a pic

Well then, you are CHIT out of luck , mister......

why go ON AND ON about your personal theory of balancing pecs if you don't even know if the damn poster HAS a pec imbalance to begin with??????????

Similar:

POSTER: I need to bring up my arms, my Chest and shoulder are big enough, give me a routine"

1st Replier: oh great, here is my favorite arm routine...."

2nd Replier: "no, THIS is my favorite arm routine....."

QUICK GIVE ME A GUN, bullet to the brain case....ahhhhhh, that feels MUCH better...lol....

again: only possible answer:

"Your chest and shoulders are "big" enough? I'm calling you bull****: show me a pic and lets decide that FIRST, before getting into ANY details about arm routines.....

IronCharles
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
didn't ANYONE think it strange that an ASPIRING bodybuilder would sit down for a coffee after a workout????
I consider myself an aspiring bodybuilder, and I've sat down for a coffee after training. :confused:

SP1966
06-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Hmmm, I thought for sure this was going to be about Bodyhards thread's! ;)

JOHN GARGANI
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM

lol..nah, John doesn't ask questions.....

I consider myself an aspiring bodybuilder, and I've sat down for a coffee after training.

with your TEA SET, Charlie???

lol....

cowboybiker
06-01-2012, 01:46 PM

lol....With his pinky finger in the air.

bodyhard
06-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Worst is when the so called experts give advice and others listen because, well they are the so called experts! :rolleyes:

Take some time out to listen to what people are telling you, use your judgement, your better judgement and ask yourself if what he/she is saying really makes sense and does it fit/apply with what you are trying to accomplish, not what he or she says works for him or her.

IronCharles
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM

lol....

With his pinky finger in the air.Naw, I can't afford one of dem dere butlers or fine china sets. I drink it straight out of my Dukes of Hazzard thermos! :cool:

bodyhard
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM

Are you upset that I am the awesome?

itsagoodday
06-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I consider myself an aspiring bodybuilder, and I've sat down for a coffee after training. :confused:

Pfffft. Real men drink their coffee like they pee... standing up. It must be a fluids thing?

IronCharles
06-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Pfffft. Real men drink their coffee like they pee... standing up. It must be a fluids thing?You calling me a fake man, miss? A real man does whatever the **** he wants to! ;)

Oceanside
06-01-2012, 01:53 PM

well you're simply not hardcore enough IC :)

I read the anorexic post and thought whoever posted it was using exageration/sarcasm more than anything else..

SP1966
06-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Are you upset that I am the awesome?

Nah, if you were awesome you would have thicker skin! :)

Pfffft. Real men drink their coffee like they pee...

They spill it all over the place?

jdtemple
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
What's wrong with coffee?

bodyhard
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Nah, if you were awesome you would have thicker skin! :)

Ohh but I do, I just think it would crawl if I actually (or anyone for that matter) ever see a pic of you ;)

Oceanside
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM

john doesn't like people who drink it !

bodyhard
06-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I'll tell you whats wrong with it, real men should drink beer in the AM and then go work out and definitely not have coffee after working out, they should have another beer! :D

itsagoodday
06-01-2012, 01:59 PM
They spill it all over the place?

As long as they don't drink their coffee WHILE they pee, and spill it all over the place. That would hurt.

Oceanside
06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
maybe john g's a mormon...

pretty sure all mormons hate coffee

SP1966
06-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Ohh but I do, I just think it would crawl if I actually (or anyone for that matter) ever see a pic of you ;)

LOL, finally something with which I cannot argue! :D

jdtemple
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I'll tell you whats wrong with it, real men should drink beer in the AM and then go work out and definitely not have coffee after working out, they should have another beer! :DHere here!

cowboybiker
06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Ohh but I do, I just think it would crawl if I actually (or anyone for that matter) ever see a pic of you ;)http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/71488/goat1.gif

mslman71
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
It's an internet forum. You get what you pay for. If you buy a bat and bash yourself in the head with it it is not anyone's fault but your own that you either did or didn't follow the advice given, or failed to put it in proper context.

JOHN GARGANI
06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
maybe john g's a mormon...

pretty sure all mormons hate coffee

yeah, a real mormon..lol....hell, I drink my coffee BEFORE the workout for the caffeine....afterwards, I need to calm down! lol

OKAY: just ran downstairs and did a quick kick arse arm workout to blow off some steam and thought about ANOTHER recent post:

This poster comes on here and complains that his arms are only 15 inches, and within his post, he states that he is doing 125 pound preacher bench curls....

okay: take a look for a second at my avatar, which , admittingly is a decade old: in that picture, my arms are pumped to 18.5 inches, and look at the weight on the bar; I only have 3 tens on each side...a paltry 60 pounds....

now here is this OP who does 125 pound preachers, complaining that his arms are only 15 inches....

Man! This is a Glaring RED FLAG, that shines like a beacon and should scream out at anyone who reads the thread! there are only 2 possibilities here:

1. he has absolutely no possible clue on how to do preacher curls ( not an easy movement to cheat on, btw)

or

2. he is lying....e-stats.......

that's it....period: because if a guy is doing preacher curls with any sort of CONTROL and FORM with 125 pounds, his arms are a helluva lot bigger than that.....

oh, but that didn't stop the steady rain of people spewing out their verbatim about their opinions on arms, arm routines and preacher bench curls...nope, didn't stop them from listening to themselves..lol...this, despite the fact , that if you go look at, say, Jay Cutler video, for example, you won't even see HIM doing preachers with that much weight.

I dunno....mebbe it's just me!

IronCharles
06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
...... in that picture, my arms are pumped to 18.5 inches, and look at the weight on the bar; I only have 3 tens on each side...a paltry 60 pounds....
You forgot the weight of the bar, John! :D

Oh, and I wasn't too interested in that "anorexic mom" thread, and didn't open it, but your rant made me curious. I took a look, and made some comments you'll be real proud of! :)

JOHN GARGANI
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Charlie, you are a pisser!!!! lol....

and, okay, yeah, that particular bar is 12 pounds...still only 72.....

but you know what I mean, buddy....

CaptChip40
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
yeah, a real mormon..lol....hell, I drink my coffee BEFORE the workout for the caffeine....afterwards, I need to calm down! lol

OKAY: just ran downstairs and did a quick kick arse arm workout to blow off some steam and thought about ANOTHER recent post:

This poster comes on here and complains that his arms are only 15 inches, and within his post, he states that he is doing 125 pound preacher bench curls....

okay: take a look for a second at my avatar, which , admittingly is a decade old: in that picture, my arms are pumped to 18.5 inches, and look at the weight on the bar; I only have 3 tens on each side...a paltry 60 pounds....

now here is this OP who does 125 pound preachers, complaining that his arms are only 15 inches....

Man! This is a Glaring RED FLAG, that shines like a beacon and should scream out at anyone who reads the thread! there are only 2 possibilities here:

1. he has absolutely no possible clue on how to do preacher curls ( not an easy movement to cheat on, btw)

or

that's it....period: because if a guy is doing preacher curls with any sort of CONTROL and FORM with 125 pounds, his arms are a helluva lot bigger than that.....

oh, but that didn't stop the steady rain of people spewing out their verbatim about their opinions on arms, arm routines and preacher bench curls...nope, didn't stop them from listening to themselves..lol...this, despite the fact , that if you go look at, say, Jay Cutler video, for example, you won't even see HIM doing preachers with that much weight.

People lie on the internet!?

Brackneyc
06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Any question here that cannot be answered with: Eat more/eat less, train harder and rest more.....is better left to a doctor.

This answer will cover 99% of the the hard gainers/hard losers in the bunch.

FrankPalmer
06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Any one here know anything about oxyelitepro supplement for weight loss? Mixed with cla/green tea its supposed to shed pounds. Is it real or snake oil?

Brackneyc
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Any one here know anything about oxyelitepro supplement for weight loss? Mixed with cla/green tea its supposed to shed pounds. Is it real or snake oil?

Nothing but diet is necessary for weight loss. I lost 90lbs with NO supplements.

mtpockets
06-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Holy fack dude, you are asking about supplements in every post. People have told you to read, don't be afraid of a little work. YOU DON'T NEED SUPS at this stage. Learn to eat right and exercise, there is no magic pill, put the work in.

latebloomingmom
06-01-2012, 03:01 PM
I think you should run with a gun while watching battlestar gallactica and drinking your favorite non-alcoholic drink..
wait...what was this thread about again?:)

Brackneyc
06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Holy fack dude, you are asking about supplements in every post. People have told you to read, don't be afraid of a little work. YOU DON'T NEED SUPS at this stage. Learn to eat right and exercise, there is no magic pill, put the work in.

It took me a minute, but then I realized, dude is a troll.

Brackneyc
06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
I think you should run with a gun while watching battlestar gallactica and drinking your favorite non-alcoholic drink..
wait...what was this thread about again?:)

Maybe ride a scooter to the tattoo shop.

mtpockets
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM

LOL, I'm not as fast as you. I just caught on after answering another thread.

ljimd
06-01-2012, 03:39 PM

And a very prolific one at that.

GuyJin
06-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Troll made seven threads which should all be deleted.

Oh, and he should turn in his man-card.

Immediately.

ArchAngel'73
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Walk away John (OP), this is not worth the trouble.

Remember when Fitty was here...if you don't like it don't click.
Let them figure it out for themselves.

pvsampson
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
What about the grown men "I feel sick" threads? I find those piss me off the most.The ones where the poster is whingeing about a sore throat or a f##ken headache.Or the "I have a sore hand,should I keep lifting" ones.

These guys should spend some time in a childrens ward in a hospital,and grow the f##k up.

paolo59
06-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I think, honestly OP, you're old and grumpy at the moment. You need another weekend on the lake, fishing...throwing a line into the calm water, sitting quietly, and waiting for a hit. :) From what I've read of your posts, fishing is a serious thing! You've studied up on it! LOL Word to the wise; fishing is not a competitive sport! :) It's check out, enjoy what's around you, if you catch something fine, if you don't, just as well. It's not a 'romp,' but a relaxing, get in touch with what matters. I doubt seriously that anyone has ever gone hungry because you didn't catch your limit. There's always a steak in the freazer to grill when the 'angler' comes home without a catch! :)

Folks want to spread their 'knowldege' around! :) Might be 'slight' knowledge, but it's their's nonetheless! :)

Go fishing brother! :)

pharmamarketer
06-02-2012, 02:10 AM
So maybe there should be a list of acceptable topics and a drop down with acceptable responses. That way the regulars won't get upset. Should make things a lot of fun

JOHN GARGANI
06-02-2012, 03:57 AM
So maybe there should be a list of acceptable topics and a drop down with acceptable responses. That way the regulars won't get upset. Should make things a lot of fun

all topics are acceptable, buddy, that is not the issue...

the issue, and the rant, is to not be in such a hurry to answer a topic until you have fully read and comprehended the question, and if there is a red flag in the question, to bring that up FIRST before getting into a long winded answer.

acrawlingchaos
06-02-2012, 04:01 AM
...get this....

And then there are SOME veteran members here that go out of their way on a regular basis and create threads to let people know just how stupid they are.

. Who cares about coffee PWO, some people like their coffee, and it isn't going to hurt their gainz.
. I'm a skinny phaggot with 14 inch arms and curl 110 for reps.
. Some people may be a bit misguided in their posts, but honestly just want to help.

TBH, these elitist threads make me :rolleyes: more than anything else listed in this thread.

mtpockets
06-02-2012, 04:09 AM
I think some people could use more fibre.

Smelly bull
06-02-2012, 04:28 AM

Every few weeks another thread is created like this (last one was on a posters and pride or something like that..you know, one of thoses threads about the good ole days when people worked hard, not like the lazy ****s of today) It goes round and round for a few pages, people giving each other other e-handjobs of awesomeness, tell each other how they are all dialed in.... then some poster finds a minor inconsistency in a post and the e-fights/debates are on. At the end of the day, nothing is accomplished outside of a few reps given or taken away.

tsoden
06-02-2012, 05:18 AM

or

Hey John... Did it ever occur to you that maybe the dude could do 125 using a preacher machine? 125 is not overly difficult with that machine compared to using free weights.

Frnkd
06-02-2012, 05:47 AM
so its interesting that the replies that are on these thread seem to examplify what you just ranted about. posters who do not read the OP and reply with pius answers unrelated to the OP, or takes the post to a whole different direction and lead others to a position that was not the intention of the OP. This I am assuming is what you are referring to?

I mean I read your post at least three times...and this is what i got out of it...Its not the OP but the responses that gets your goat..after all this is an open forum that is under the "over 35" heading and within that "over 35 misc" which means anything that is not related to BB but are of interest to those over 35.

So I think rather than getting after the OP, get after the replies....who the F'ck cares about coffee, beer, water or tea. but than like someone says, there are certain members that do seem to give great advice,after reading the OP, and some who find it an opportunity to show their wit and talents or cynism which can be entertaining or annoying. but it is what it is.

2nd_chance
06-02-2012, 05:51 AM
This is NOT being "technical"....the problem, is that, I will read a post a couple of times before I commentI can barely read the drivel once... and what's wrong with coffee???

tsoden
06-02-2012, 05:58 AM
oh boy, I'm sure this one will sit well for some people, but I just have to rant a bit....

Before responding in typical fashion to any question post, do people REALLY take the time to READ THE ENTIRE FRIGGIN' POST????????????

the guy who did a training session with someone he met here on BB.com, an "Aspiring" bodybuilder, and then, afterwards, "SAT DOWN FOR A COFFEE" and discussed nutrition....

same thing...right away, opinion after opinion....about diet, when to eat, whether you enjoy eating...etc....

I mean, I would say, what are they, a bunch of women, but I would be insulting our wondrous Female members on here who wouldn't be caught DEAD having anything but some sort of BB related shake or nutrition type of thingie after a workout......

This is NOT being "technical"....the problem, is that, I will read a post a couple of times before I comment, and at least try to make sure I understand where it is coming from, and if I see some sort of obvious discrepancy, I would prefer to ask the OP to clear that up from the beginning, so that you can then get on with the possible good answers or replies.....

look....these are just two very recent examples, but really, this happens SO MUCH on here....

I can't stand it anymore....lol.......

I must reduce my caffeine...I must.....calm down you old man, you...calm down......

lol.....
John..... if you have a problem with my post, then the least you could do is just call me out using my name. I am not fragile. The fact that I met someone for coffee after a workout... what is so strange about this. I could dive into details that we brought our protein shakes, and that I bought black coffees for both him and i so we could just chat... shoot the ****... etc etc. Do you not do these sort of things? Do you feel it best just to keep to yourself and only express your voice in the virtual world? Some people like to meet people in person... you know... outside of bb.com and away from the computer. and just so you know... i don't have control on what people reply with...I wanted an into to my thread... something that prompted my question... and that is how it happened.

tsoden
06-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Every few weeks another thread is created like this (last one was on a posters and pride or something like that..you know, one of thoses threads about the good ole days when people worked hard, not like the lazy ****s of today) It goes round and round for a few pages, people giving each other other e-handjobs of awesomeness, tell each other how they are all dialed in.... then some poster finds a minor inconsistency in a post and the e-fights/debates are on. At the end of the day, nothing is accomplished outside of a few reps given or taken away. great response SB

2nd_chance
06-02-2012, 06:01 AM
all topics are acceptable, buddy, that is not the issue...

the issue, and the rant, is to not be in such a hurry to answer a topic until you have fully read and comprehended the question, and if there is a red flag in the question, to bring that up FIRST before getting into a long winded answer.
Maybe part of the problem is that you want everyone to interpret the scenario exactly like you do? That's never going to happen, nor should it.

Brackneyc
06-02-2012, 06:57 AM
What about the grown men "I feel sick" threads? I find those piss me off the most.

I will respectfully disagree...I think the "I can't eat 2200 calories a day because it is too much food and I feel like I am eating all day and I am stuffed" threads are the best. Of course I am kidding, but they are good for a laugh either way. :D

Nikonguy
06-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Great thread OP!

Hey bros, I'm looking to get chiseled abs for my cruise on 6/18. I'm around 30% body fat so would box jumps or cable cross-overs be best?

Will rep for best answers.

CHEERS!

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Great thread OP!

Hey bros, I'm looking to get chiseled abs for my cruise on 6/18. I'm around 30% body fat so would box jumps or cable cross-overs be best?

Will rep for best answers.

CHEERS!
oh I think you should eat lots of salads , drink diet coke and just go for walks...should help a lot;)
oooooooh sorry I see your question was addressed only to bros..
^^^^^^disregard the above female's advice.

tmonkey
06-02-2012, 08:36 AM
People lie on the internet!?

No, I don't think that could possibly be true.

But i did just bench 405 for reps

Dave76
06-02-2012, 08:41 AM
But i did just bench 405 for reps
Props to you for admitting your weakness. Keep at it, you'll get better.

Nikonguy
06-02-2012, 09:03 AM
oh I think you should eat lots of salads , drink diet coke and just go for walks...should help a lot;)
^^^^^^disregard the above female's advice.

iz cool, bras can answer too. :)

I eat a lot of salad. I switch dressings between creamy ranch and chunky blue cheese to keep my metabolism fired up.

I stay away from walking though because I don't want to burn up muscle.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I will respectfully disagree...I think the "I can't eat 2200 calories a day because it is too much food and I feel like I am eating all day and I am stuffed" threads are the best. Of course I am kidding, but they are good for a laugh either way. :D

There are men who actually say that? Holy crap. It's freakishly common in the fem section, but men?!? Damn, 2,200 cals is my sweet spot. Sheesh.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 09:17 AM
iz cool, bras can answer too. :)

I eat a lot of salad. I switch dressings between creamy ranch and chunky blue cheese to keep my metabolism fired up.

I stay away from walking though because I don't want to burn up muscle.
how do you get from the store to your car then? ride one of those scooters?
ok...to lose weight by the middle of June...hmmmmm
wrap up in a garbage bag and go out in the sun...make sure you dont drink any water
you dont want to gain any water weight:)

mslman71
06-02-2012, 09:30 AM
I switch dressings between creamy ranch and chunky blue cheese to keep my metabolism fired up.

Metabolism confusion - smart.

Brackneyc
06-02-2012, 09:31 AM
There are men who actually say that? .

Regularly.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Regularly.

Wow.

TyronK
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Eh, when I was in college, we threw around "anorexic" if a girl was really skinny. I'm sure we weren't unique that manner. Once you get desensitized to a word, it's easy to overlook it.

The thread where the OP stated he had coffee after a workout....took a while to find it but it was a damn good thread. I find it strange that you would get caught up in that minor point that had nothing to do with the main topic at hand.

Nikonguy
06-02-2012, 09:37 AM
how do you get from the store to your car then? ride one of those scooters? DOH! :eek: brb, buying a Segway :o

ok...to lose weight by the middle of June...hmmmmm
wrap up in a garbage bag and go out in the sun...make sure you dont drink any water
you dont want to gain any water weight:) Awesome! Cuz I live in Florida it will take only a couple of days to hit my goal. THANKS!! *smootch*

btw, I never drink water because it has no nutritional value. No carb Red Bull FTW! ;)

Smelly bull
06-02-2012, 10:23 AM
There are men who actually say that? Holy crap. It's freakishly common in the fem section, but men?!? Damn, 2,200 cals is my sweet spot. Sheesh.

There are guys who complain about eating two whole eggs and a yogurt in one sitting and they are stuffed....sheet, my 7 year old 58 pound son does that for breakfast.....

llahhsoj
06-02-2012, 10:24 AM

My bootcamp instructor told me her maintenance level calories was only a 1,000. I hope she meant that that is what she would burn, if she didn't get out of bed for a whole day.

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 10:45 AM
There are guys who complain about eating two whole eggs and a yogurt in one sitting and they are stuffed....sheet, my 7 year old 58 pound son does that for breakfast.....

I'm flabbergasted. I don't know why I thought men were exempt from this :confused:.

Learn something new every day....

thepowerwithin
06-02-2012, 10:47 AM
My bootcamp instructor told me her maintenance level calories was only a 1,000. I hope she meant that that is what she would burn, if she didn't get out of bed for a whole day.

Listen, I'm old-ish, sit on my a-$$ for a living, peri-menopausal, and can eat a whole lot more than that in a day.

Go buy her a cheeseburger!

IronCharles
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
^^^^^^disregard the above female's advice.Shame on you! Everybody knows diet sodas are from the debbil, and drinking them will make you go blind, give you AIDS, and cause you to grow a third nipple! Boy, I just can't believe the reckless advice some people give around here! :eek: :p

Lou1se
06-02-2012, 11:20 AM
LOL! Nice one Iceman :)

i've heard decaf helps :)

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Shame on you! Everybody knows diet sodas are from the debbil, and drinking them will make you go blind, give you AIDS, and cause you to grow a third nipple! Boy, I just can't believe the reckless advice some people give around here! :eek: :p
debil, debil, debil, debil......woman
live dangerously
besides, you might only get one of those side effects
depending on the amount of consumption
personally, I am going for the third nipple;)

Corbi
06-02-2012, 11:36 AM
debil, debil, debil, debil.......live dangerously
besides, you might only get one of those side effects
depending on the amount of consumption
personally, I am going for the third nipple;)

With your luck it would appear in the middle of your forehead.

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
With your luck it would appear in the middle of your forehead.
great..next time I tell a guy to "suck it !"
wont even have to lift my shirt:)

of course it might just look like a big pimple:(

paolo59
06-02-2012, 12:14 PM

All I know brother, is that us over35's aren't getting any younger and prettier! LMAO Some things are worth getting a bit 'out of joint' over, and others just aren't! :) Eat, sleep, lift...and bi*&% only when it's really worth it! LOL Now that gives a pretty wide bearth! Ha I love to bi&^%! I'm quite good at it.

Corbi
06-02-2012, 12:20 PM
All I know brother, is that us over35's aren't getting any younger and prettier!

Speak for yourself, I am getting "prettier":D

latebloomingmom
06-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Speak for yourself, I am getting "prettier":D
did the voice that told you that come from inside or outside of your head?
just wondering...:)

Corbi
06-02-2012, 12:33 PM
did the voice that told you that come from inside or outside of your head?
juist wondering...:)

I don't care where it came from, I believe it. I feel pretty, oh so pretty, pretty witty..and not ghey:D

Frnkd
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Shame on you! Everybody knows diet sodas are from the debbil, and drinking them will make you go blind, give you AIDS, and cause you to grow a third nipple! Boy, I just can't believe the reckless advice some people give around here! :eek: :p

Are you promoting Diet Pepsi?

Frnkd
06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I need a recommendation on the facial scrub you all use to maintain your youthful appearance.

djflex
06-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Strongman

Nikonguy
06-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Strongman

"Not strongman. There's no results in Strongman, just Strongman"

Bodyhard 2012

JOHN GARGANI
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I mean I read your post at least three times...and this is what i got out of it...Its not the OP but the responses that gets your goat

YES YES!!! that is my point...responses that ignore discrepancies within the posters opening salvo that should be addressed first.....

and to TSODEN:

trust me, buddy, I was not singling you out, specifically...fact is, I can't even remember who made which post past a day anymore, so it was NOT a matter of me being timid to post your name or not.....

you see: you said, that you felt it was not necessary to say that you guys had protein drinks first, however, I disagree!

If I met up with one of the members of this forum for a workout, I would probably say something to the effect of "after having a ritual post workout protein drink, we then later sat down to discuss technique over coffee"....

in my mind, the fact that it was omitted, meant it wasn't done...I try not to assume....and it just struck me strange that after a gut busting workout, two men would sit down, say, in Starbucks , over a cappucino ( lol, I am exagerrating) to talk BB......

I used to drive my Wife nuts after working out with various partners at the house, when we would come up and I would run that silly blender at ludicrous speed to dissolve all of the crap I would put in it for us to drink.....

JOHN GARGANI
06-02-2012, 02:25 PM
...get this....

And then there are SOME veteran members here that go out of their way on a regular basis and create threads to let people know just how stupid they are.

. Who cares about coffee PWO, some people like their coffee, and it isn't going to hurt their gainz.
. I'm a skinny phaggot with 14 inch arms and curl 110 for reps.
. Some people may be a bit misguided in their posts, but honestly just want to help.

TBH, these elitist threads make me :rolleyes: more than anything else listed in this thread.

Chaos, I am FAR from an elitist...you have to have done a lot more than me to earn that title....

99 percent of my posts on these forums are in response to questions....I try, by way of experience, to help people avoid errors that I and my peers have made, if possible.

And I will stick to one of my contentions, as in your case: if you are curling 110 pounds and your arms are only 14 inches long, then you DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO TRAIN ARMS....

sorry, can't put it any nicer...you haven't "Gotten IT" yet....one session , doing standing curls PROPERLY, with me, and your biceps would be screaming for pain and using HALF that weight...standing curls, done properly, are a VIOLENT movement, that simply cannot be done properly if you are fighting the amount of weight you are using...

I could only demonstrate with a video, and I am too lazy to make one ( some day )......

tobymax123
06-02-2012, 04:32 PM
John G, what the hell crawled up your ass this morning? Why does such dumb crap on a silly little internet forum bother you so much? Do you have control issues in real life? And the coffee thing... What? Does that really bother you? Really?

acrawlingchaos
06-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Chaos, I am FAR from an elitist...you have to have done a lot more than me to earn that title....99 percent of my posts on these forums are in response to questions....I try, by way of experience, to help people avoid errors that I and my peers have made, if possible. John, I think you are a valuable asset here, and have helped a lot of people, there is no questioning that. Lettuce be cereal, nobody likes to be looked down on, and your rants come of as down right condescending.

Case in point

And I will stick to one of my contentions, as in your case: if you are curling 110 pounds and your arms are only 14 inches long, then you DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO TRAIN ARMS....

sorry, can't put it any nicer...you haven't "Gotten IT" yet....one session , doing standing curls PROPERLY, with me, and your biceps would be screaming for pain and using HALF that weight...standing curls, done properly, are a VIOLENT movement, that simply cannot be done properly if you are fighting the amount of weight you are using.....I am well aware of how to vary volume, frequency, intensity and rest to cater to a specific goal. I am also confident in my understanding of the biochemical processes that occur with these types of training.

What YOU don't understand is MY goals. While I absolutely want to increase my lean mass, and aesthetics, MY driving point is increasing strength. I also have a strong interest in gymnastics / parkour type training, which requires a greater strength to weight ratio. I rarely do direct arm work. This is because I typically prefer higher intensity workouts, which means that isolation movements are removed, or done at a higher intensity. Most of arm strength was developed through indirect work (pull ups and deadlifts) In the last 8 months, I have gained about 15 pounds of lean mass, increased my lifts by about 250+ in the big 3 and increased my strength to weight ratio significantly. (FWIW I started with 12.5 inch arms)

I have meet or exceeded MY goals, so I guess I am a little confused as to how "I just don't get it."

TyronK
06-02-2012, 11:39 PM
you see: you said, that you felt it was not necessary to say that you guys had protein drinks first, however, I disagree!

If I met up with one of the members of this forum for a workout, I would probably say something to the effect of "after having a ritual post workout protein drink, we then later sat down to discuss technique over coffee"....

in my mind, the fact that it was omitted, meant it wasn't done...I try not to assume....and it just struck me strange that after a gut busting workout, two men would sit down, say, in Starbucks , over a cappucino ( lol, I am exagerrating) to talk BB......

I used to drive my Wife nuts after working out with various partners at the house, when we would come up and I would run that silly blender at ludicrous speed to dissolve all of the crap I would put in it for us to drink.....

Oh my goodness, this has to be one of the silliest things I've read. That thread had to do with whether you enjoy food or you just look at food as a tool that fuels your growth and training. There was a bit of a background about how this topic came up. Why the hell does anybody have to question the validity of having coffee after a workout when it is so tangential to the topic at hand.

This isn't the reading comprehension section of the SAT's. It's a freaking internet message board and many prefer not to read each post with a fine tooth comb. That you feel that a whole thread has to be made to criticize people for not looking around for red flags suggests to me that you are taking this thing way too seriously.

tsoden
06-03-2012, 04:46 AM
YES YES!!! that is my point...responses that ignore discrepancies within the posters opening salvo that should be addressed first.....

and to TSODEN:

trust me, buddy, I was not singling you out, specifically...fact is, I can't even remember who made which post past a day anymore, so it was NOT a matter of me being timid to post your name or not.....

Thanks John...you're back in my good books now ... :)

JOHN GARGANI
06-03-2012, 05:14 AM
What YOU don't understand is MY goals. While I absolutely want to increase my lean mass, and aesthetics, MY driving point is increasing strength.

thank you for stating your goals, as this is another "problem" on here, since there are so many different goals...

I was bragging to TSODEN that I don't like to assume, YET, I do tend to assume that people who post on BB.com are into BODYBUILDING, specifically...but many are not, really, and in that case, it really does matter and change the importance of their workouts....

champ07
06-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I think there is a BIG relation in the post count of some and OP's statements.How much time do some really spend here, and still have such a fitness filled lifestyle.Some post here just to let other" hang arounds" know that they just wiped their a$s.Depending on who started a'' just wiped my a$s thread" it may become five stars........

Brackneyc
06-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I think there is a BIG relation in the post count of some and OP's statements.How much time do some really spend here, and still have such a fitness filled lifestyle.Some post here just to let other" hang arounds" know that they just wiped their a$s.Depending on who started a'' just wiped my a$s thread" it may become five stars........

Leading a fitness filled lifestyle takes the exact same amount of time as does living a non-fitness filled lifestyle. Post counts here are 100% a non-issue as it relates to levels of fitness/progress.

Srsly, adding a few smileys and a few LOLs each day isn't a big time consuming event for most.