PDA

View Full Version : Athletic super powers; Which do you take?

liftinforbroads
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
A. 18" Standing broad jump, coupled with 70 inch vertical, but you're 5'7"

B. 4.0 40 yard dash and you're 6'1" 160, similar build to Desean Jackson, but less muscle mass. Pure ecto and has never been able to add mass.

C. 118 MPH Fastball with a 55 MPH changeup, but you have Mark Prior's mechanics.

D. 6'6" 270 Can throw a football 110 yards(No Vortex), 4.3 speed, wonderlic is a 4 and you lack the ability to throw proper outright.

Which do you take? Why? And what are you going to be able to do with it?

JoshSelby
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
B because you can improve your muscle mass.

Onita
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM

B. 4.0 40 yard dash and you're 6'1" 160, similar build to Desean Jackson, but less muscle mass

C. 118 MPH Fastball with a 55 MPH changeup, but you have Mark Prior's mechanics.

D. 6'6" 270 Can throw a football 110 yards(No Vortex), 4.3 speed, wonderlic is a 4 and you lack the ability to throw proper outright.

c. Prior's mechanics were supposed to be perfect, so it doesn't necessarily screw me up. Also, with a 118 mph fastball, I'd sign for millions day 1 and who cares if I get hurt?

PhiGreens
06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
None. A and B are manlets. C is a shoulder injury waiting to happen... and a 55 MPH changeup would get rocked every time. D is a retard.

I'm already a sharpshooter that can dunk anyway

Spartacurse
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM

B. 4.0 40 yard dash and you're 6'1" 160, similar build to Desean Jackson, but less muscle mass

Assuming I can learn to throw with proper mechanics I take C, with good work ethics I will learn to throw better.

liftinforbroads
06-01-2012, 12:08 PM
c. Prior's mechanics were supposed to be perfect, so it doesn't necessarily screw me up. Also, with a 118 mph fastball, I'd sign for millions day 1 and who cares if I get hurt?

Prior had that W.

JM2412
06-01-2012, 12:10 PM
lol why the fukk would you want a 55 mph changeup?

If I could throw 118 mph consistently, gimme like a 108 mph changeup. Brb changeup is faster than 100% of pitchers fastballs yet it's still 10 mph slower.

brb unhittable.

brb goodnight sweet shoulder/elbow

Onita
06-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Prior had that W.

Oh well. Either way, B or C are your only chances.

PhiGreens
06-01-2012, 12:14 PM
C is good though.. You could throw at 90% and still have one of the best fastballs in the league and have even better control with less risk of injury. Just look at Zumaya he had one of the hardest fastballs but is always injured.

liftinforbroads
06-01-2012, 12:14 PM

If I could throw 118 mph consistently, gimme like a 108 mph changeup. Brb changeup is faster than 100% of pitchers fastballs yet it's still 10 mph slower.

brb unhittable.

brb goodnight sweet shoulder/elbow

That changeup would be so dirty, you could throw it almost like a sinker, and change speeds with your slider. BRB fastball, fastball, fastball.. 55 mph changeup in the dirt.

JM2412
06-01-2012, 12:18 PM
That changeup would be so dirty, you could throw it almost like a sinker, and change speeds with your slider. BRB fastball, fastball, fastball.. 55 mph changeup in the dirt.Eh it would be fun to spin that slow every now and then to fukk with the hitters.

But a 'changeup' that is 100+ mph would be unreal.

A fastball coming in at 118 mph would be so insanely fast the hitter would have almost 0 time to react. A changeup is supposed to look like a fastball, but thrown with a different grip so it comes in slower. A 10 mph difference is pretty big, especially when the fastball would be 118 mph.

liftinforbroads
06-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Eh it would be fun to spin that slow every now and then to fukk with the hitters.

A fastball coming in at 118 mph would be so insanely fast the hitter would have almost 0 time to react. A changeup is supposed to look like a fastball, but thrown with a different grip so it comes in slower. A 10 mph difference is pretty big, especially when the fastball would be 118 mph.

I agree, but this is the glitch of this heavenly blessed hitter.

phillyfreak7
06-01-2012, 12:30 PM
A by far.

With a 70 inch vertical, the lower body strength and explosion would guarantee I could already run a 4.0 40 yard dash on a bad day. Any jump ball is mine even if I'm 5'7 and there is no specification of weight. So, with that strength, I'm probably 5'7 220 with a 1500 lb squat. No one is ever tackling me.

BRB world record power lifter
BRB superstar WR
BRB superstar RB
BRB world record jumper
BRB world record sprinter

GrecoRoman
06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Eh it would be fun to spin that slow every now and then to fukk with the hitters.

think about a 50+ mph difference that looks just like the fastball. As a hitter you're beyond ****ed.

Murph0408
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
whichever one gets me the most guaranteed money.

i assume C would bring that, hoping i avoid injury long enough to become a free agent

LostOne287
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM

brb unhittable.

This. One of the reasons Stephen Strasburg is so unhittable is because his fastball gets up around 100 but his "changeup" is 90 mph so they can barely tell the difference from his fastball.

55 mph changeup lol, that would be a home run pitch every time.

BadaBingBdaBoom
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I'll take the 118mph fastball. That alone would bring you a contract worth millions. Only have to work 1-2 times a week in actual games too.

liftinforbroads
06-01-2012, 02:09 PM
This. One of the reasons Stephen Strasburg is so unhittable is because his fastball gets up around 100 but his "changeup" is 90 mph so they can barely tell the difference from his fastball.

55 mph changeup lol, that would be a home run pitch every time.

No, Just no. They can barely hit homeruns in the home run derby when they know they are meatballs, let alone them being mixed in and locationed.

LostOne287
06-01-2012, 02:22 PM
No, Just no. They can barely hit homeruns in the home run derby when they know they are meatballs, let alone them being mixed in and locationed.

The reason they have a hard time in the home run derby is because that's the only time all year they're facing pitches that slow. If a pitcher's throwing that regularly, they'll have tape on you and be able to adjust.

And I think you're confused on what the point of a change up is. The point is for it to look like a fastball but drop off at the very end. If your change up is half the speed of your fastball, that would be easily distinguishable. Yeah you might strike hitters out the first time through, but after seeing it a while and getting some tape on it, they'd be teeing off on it.

MCrow
06-01-2012, 02:25 PM
A, I would get taller and have serious hops. lol.

admiralseadog
06-01-2012, 02:27 PM

B. 4.0 40 yard dash and you're 6'1" 160, similar build to Desean Jackson, but less muscle mass. Pure ecto and has never been able to add mass.

ill take the 70inch vertical brah. im already a manlet

GrecoRoman
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
The reason they have a hard time in the home run derby is because that's the only time all year they're facing pitches that slow. If a pitcher's throwing that regularly, they'll have tape on you and be able to adjust.

And I think you're confused on what the point of a change up is. The point is for it to look like a fastball but drop off at the very end. If your change up is half the speed of your fastball, that would be easily distinguishable. Yeah you might strike hitters out the first time through, but after seeing it a while and getting some tape on it, they'd be teeing off on it.

lol you fool think about how quickly a hitter has to recognize a mid 90's fastball. Now think about how hard a 118mph fastball would be to hit even if you knew it was coming. Throw in a pitch thats almost half the speed that looks just like the fastball out of the hand.

bodybuilder89
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
C...no contest...best sport to play pro imo and then brb throw way faster than anyone else ever will

jross2021
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
lol A. I'd play in some league if I could jump that high. Teams would sign me just for the last play of the game, and if I didn't .. i'd just make videos of me dunking on youtube and get rich.

NceGuysFinLast
06-01-2012, 03:11 PM
A, 18 SBJ, Imgine your Long Jump if you worked on it.

ThaWorldIsYours
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I'll take A, except don't want to be a manlet. Can I trade 5 inches of height for 5 inches of vertical? Hell I'll give you back 15 inches of vertical to keep my 6' frame haha.

LostOne287
06-01-2012, 03:22 PM
lol you fool think about how quickly a hitter has to recognize a mid 90's fastball. Now think about how hard a 118mph fastball would be to hit even if you knew it was coming. Throw in a pitch thats almost half the speed that looks just like the fastball out of the hand.

You actually think it's possible for a pitch 58 mph to look like it's 118 mph? And for professional hitters not be able to recognize it? Lmfao child pls go.

dtbrehm
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Give me a strong/accurate leg. Brb making millions kicking field goals.

Oh wait, all of those in the OP have a negative.

GrecoRoman
06-01-2012, 03:36 PM
You actually think it's possible for a pitch 58 mph to look like it's 118 mph? And for professional hitters not be able to recognize it? Lmfao child pls go.

Yeah because a hitter has the time to differentiate between it even being a fastball and any other pitch when you know the guy throws 118. A change up is thrown with the same arm action as a fastball the difference is the ball is choked. A guy like Aroldis Chapman can get by with 2 pitches because he throws so hard that hitters have to look fastball and try to react to anything else and hope to get a piece. Think about throwing 15mph faster than Aroldis. Hitters aren't reacting to the speed of the pitch but rather the rotation. Baseball....not even once.