PDA

View Full Version : Starting up after over a year break, I need help with routine and diet.

partymonster975
05-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi everyone, I have not lifted for a little over a year, but I'm now starting back up. Since I started lifting, I've always gotten stronger but never leaner. My diet is the 1st thing I need to change. I dont eat a lot, but from the little food I eat it's typically not healthy, and heavy in carbs. I'm current 245@ 30ish body fat but my over all goal is to be 190 and around 15%. I have looked through the stickys and decided the smartest path would be the "how to lose fat for noobs" guide. I plan to eat 1900-2000cals a day with 160g of protein (for LBM). What I need help with is finding a decent 3x week routine and also making a shopping list.

I plan to have 3 meals and 2 shakes a day. For breakfast I plan to eat some oatmeal and some egg whites with 1 or 2 yolks. The two other solid meals are what I need help with. I SUCK at cooking but I do have a foreman grill. Other than chicken breast, what do you recommend that is easy to cook on there and tastes decent?

For routines I had one of these two in mind, which do you recommend?:

Day One:
Dips or Bench Press 2 x 8
Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12
Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2 x 6-8
Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10-12

Day Two:
Pull-Up 3 sets to failure
Barbell Row 2 x 8
EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1 x 10
Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Three
Squats 2 x 10
Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10
Pull-Troughs, Glute/Ham Raises, or Reverse Hypers 3 x 10

Or this one-
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/

Thanks guys, do which routine do you suggest and do you have any advice on simple but good foods?