PDA

View Full Version : Can turds be polished?

SP1966
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
I submit into evidence, a turd:

bN35i2V-T9U

Apply a thick layer of polish, some elbow grease, and heavy dose of chiny chin chin follicles and we have:

MHrS_BonASA

So what say you, can a turd be polished?

paolo59
05-31-2012, 10:09 PM
A 'turd' can never be 'pollished,' as much as one might want to pollish it. A turd is a turd! :( Can one rewrite history? If you happen to be a 'turd' then just be happy, you'll not be pollished successfully, and everyone will see you as you were, are...will forever be...perhaps. The good thing is, there are very, very few complete turds! :) Life isn't that ugly, and people aren't that completely stupid... or are they?

ossizen
05-31-2012, 10:16 PM
A 'turd' can never be 'pollished,' as much as one might want to pollish it. A turd is a turd! :( Can one rewrite history? If you happen to be a 'turd' then just be happy, you'll not be pollished successfully, and everyone will see you as you were, are...will forever be...perhaps. The good thing is, there are very, very few complete turds! :) Life isn't that ugly, and people aren't that completely stupid... or are they?
Mythbusters did an episode about testing that idiom. Turns out you can polish a turd. :D Question is why would you want to? lol

beachguy498
06-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Think this will be my new sig... "you can't polish a turd, but you can re-sculpt it.".

Rob

waldopepper
06-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Think this will be my new sig... "you can't polish a turd, but you can re-sculpt it.".

Rob

LOL. Hope you wash your mitts before you go to the gym.