PDA

View Full Version : ate junk all weekend

godofguns
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
hello all,

something curious happened this weekend. for the past few weeks i have been eating very strictly. well..i left to visit some old college buddies in new york last thursday, i must have drank at least 10 beers each night (for 4 nights). i hate buffalo chicken sandwhiches, meatball subs, huge new york slice pizzas. chipotle...etc. now i felt pretty guilty after all of that. the odd thing is...i looked in the mirror, and i look leaner today than i did a week ago. what could be the cause of this? or did too many beers mess up my head?

IraHays
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
So you compared a picture from last week to one this week?

user89489489438943
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
hello all,

something curious happened this weekend. for the past few weeks i have been eating very strictly. well..i left to visit some old college buddies in new york last thursday, i must have drank at least 10 beers each night (for 4 nights). i hate buffalo chicken sandwhiches, meatball subs, huge new york slice pizzas. chipotle...etc. now i felt pretty guilty after all of that. the odd thing is...i looked in the mirror, and i look leaner today than i did a week ago. what could be the cause of this? or did too many beers mess up my head?

sometimes after having a cheat day... which i RARELY have the next day i weigh mysefl just to see how bad it was, and i actually weigh less. lmao

godofguns
02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
well, the way i measure myself is pretty un scientific. I do 3 things. I weigh myself, i subjectively pinch myself for fat, and i view in mirror. And in doing all those, I weight the same, feel less fat in the areas that i pinch, and I look a little more defined. Of course this is all subjective and unscientific, but i guess my question is ... is it possible that a few days of eating foods with more fats, simple carbs, etc, might actually help your body lose fat?

user89489489438943
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
well, the way i measure myself is pretty un scientific. I do 3 things. I weigh myself, i subjectively pinch myself for fat, and i view in mirror. And in doing all those, I weight the same, feel less fat in the areas that i pinch, and I look a little more defined. Of course this is all subjective and unscientific, but i guess my question is ... is it possible that a few days of eating foods with more fats, simple carbs, etc, might actually help your body lose fat?

i'd say yes... its just like a cheat day... on ur case 4 cheat days lol

u like shock ur body when you do that... and i believe u wont put on 10lbs of fat because of it...

i think that if u keep ur metabolism fast enough for long enough, a couple of days tryin to screw it up wont do anything...

heyzeus909
02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
hello all,

The "lean" you see is a bit of a delusion. You've been eating strict, and now you've suddenly thrown your body a curve ball. Your muscles are undoubtedly full of glycogen (and water) now. So, what you are seeing is fuller muscle bellies (and probably more vascular too, thanks to the sudden increase in sodium). This makes you "appear" to be more lean...for now. Wait a couple of days and you'll lose the water retention when you start to eat strict again...your muscles will shrink back up and all those excess calories you consumed will appear in the form of fat gain.

In other words, enjoy it while you can cuz it ain't gonna last :)

The Brotherhood
02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
if you dont do refeeds, it should have boosted your leptin levels significantly.

StandTall
02-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Its like carbing up pre comp. On a strict diet carbs are low then you eat a whole heap. The carbs take up 3 times their weight in water giving you the fuller look.

godofguns
02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
intersting. i mean more than the food, im worried about the alchohol. i know that it probably dehydrated me, this giving me the impression that I've lost fat, but more likely water.

but man do i feel like crap for eating and drinking so much. but i'll tell you...i loved every single moment of it!!! :) now i just gotta get back to strict and push some major weight tonight.

BORN2LOSE
02-13-2007, 12:24 PM
i know that it probably dehydrated me, this giving me the impression that I've lost fat, but more likely water.

Bingo. Wait until you rehydrate and then look in the mirror.