PDA

View Full Version : leaving for disneyworld

vforgy
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM
So were leaving for Disney in a few hours anybody have some suggestions. I have two kids, six year old boy and a four year old girl who's fearless. My only issue is, how am I gonna find time to ride big kid rides without completely abandoning the family?
Posted in over 35 cause its little more family oriented.

IronCharles
05-31-2012, 01:22 PM
anybody have some suggestions. Take plenty of sunscreen!

Getfitfornow
05-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Take plenty of sunscreen!and paitence

Marius_Ursus
05-31-2012, 01:26 PM
You're going for your kids, presumably, so how about you worry about their fun instead of your own?

vforgy
05-31-2012, 01:33 PM
My kids come first 100%. I was kinda wondering if anybody knows of any accommodations for parents with small children? We're gonna be there seven days and I want to get the most out of my visit for the whole family. Thanks

Marius_Ursus
05-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh, that's a different question altogether.

If you're leaving for Disney in a few hours, and you don't know where you're staying yet...well, I just don't know how to advise you, but the place everywhere around Orlando, Kissimee, and St. Cloud is lousy with good motels and hotels.

vforgy
05-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Were staying at the resort itself. Just wondering about the actual theme Parks and trying to get other miscers experience and tips if any

Marius_Ursus
05-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Ohhhhhhh...well, I never stayed at the Disney resort, but the kiddie area is actually a lot of fun, but there's so much to take in all over the park, and it really is geared toward children, you shouldn't have a problem getting in some more "mature" rides. Space Mountain will be out for the little ones, but even the Haunted Mansion was OK for me when I was five. Are you doing the whole thing in the Disney park, or are you planning on hitting Epcott, too?

vforgy
05-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Definitely want to hit Epcot I'd like to go to universal one day also.

flairon
05-31-2012, 02:05 PM
epcot is pretty cool...little kids like it too. There really aren't any 'big kid rides'.

Bring lots of money and pace yourself. There is lots of cool stuff at night too

tmonkey
05-31-2012, 02:08 PM
staying in the disney properties is expensive but they really try to make it worth while. You get the extra magic hours and other bs that really make it a fun time. IF you did not buy a meal package get one as soon as you get there, it will save you some money while you are there and gives you some free drinks while at the park.

We almost always when to two different parks per day to split it up. start at the animal kingdom on days you plan to go there and then go to a a park that is open later like epcot (which also has good fireworks at close)

There is really not much to tell you other then try and get some sleep and wear shoes for walking.

you don't even need to be told to have a good time since you will regardless

MiamiSpartan
05-31-2012, 02:10 PM
You may have picked the wrong weekend to go to Disney....
Just putting that out there....
Gay Days this weekend...tens of thousands descending on the parks...lodging will be tough to get.....

tmonkey
05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Gay Days this weekend...tens of thousands descending on the parks...lodging will be tough to get.....

I thought every day was happy at disney?

vforgy
05-31-2012, 02:14 PM

Wait! Wat..lmfao
Brb: op explaining to his little boy why those guys are kissing

MiamiSpartan
05-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Wait! Wat..lmfao
Brb: op explaining to his little boy why those guys are kissing

The organizers do ask participants to please keep PDA's to a minimum and to be sensitive to the other guests, but there are always a few that ruin things for everyone....

Marius_Ursus
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Wow, and I thought "Indian (dot not feather) Day", aka Thanksgiving at Disneyland was bad.

MiamiSpartan
05-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Wow, and I thought "Indian (dot not feather) Day", aka Thanksgiving at Disneyland was bad.

Well, the music is probably better this weekend.....
:D

Corbi
05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Wife and I have been to Disney numerous times but we both agreed that the MGM park sucks, other than Tower of Terror and the one roler coaster..used to be the Aerosmtih one...it's a horrible waste of time and $$$$$.

We both enjoyed Universal but my favorite is and has been since I was about 12 yrs old is Sea World. When we go to visit my aunt in Kississmee we will hit Sea World and Gator Land:D Gator Land is small and sorta cheesy but we both get a kick out of the place. Climb up to the top of the observation tower over lookin the swamp and you will see all the idiots on the lower deck dangling their arms and cameras near the water trying to get close up pics of the gators. Take a cup of ice with you and toss the ice into the water near where the tourists have their arms, the gators will quickly leap up and scare the $hit out of everyone....good times.

Getfitfornow
05-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Take a cup of ice with you and toss the ice into the water near where the tourists have their arms, the gators will quickly leap up and scare the $hit out of everyone.sounds like a good way to get arrested and something a douchebag would do, I would kick your face in if you did this to me.

champ07
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Safari Land will entertain both kids and adults.Downtown Disney keep both young and old happy.Dinoland is good for kids.Really both young and old will be happy anywhere at Disney.Spent a week there and still didn't see or do everything.Having a meal plan will make eating a lot easier.My wife had every meal arranged before we even left.Get all locations of where you want to shop off resort before hand,get a rent a car with GPS punch in addresses of desired malls ,shops, sites etc.Will make things roll alot smoother.....

tobymax123
05-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Don't wear a red shirt to the Magic Kingdom park on Saturday. I'm just sayin'. You will probably want to avoid the Magic Kingdom on Saturday and go to one of the other parks.

Edit... you know, I'll delete the details and just stick with recommending that you not go to the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. Two years ago we were there during an event this weekend in June and it was so crowded that they had to stop letting people in at one point in the afternoon. This is that weekend. Just hit the Magic Kingdom Friday and/or Sunday,and do another park on Saturday.

latebloomingmom
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
sounds like a good way to get arrested and something a douchebag would do, I would kick your face in if you did this to me.your english language skills have drastically improved..

IronCharles
05-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Don't wear a red shirt to the Magic Kingdom park on Saturday. I'm just sayin'. You will probably want to avoid the Magic Kingdom on Saturday and go to one of the other parks.
Boy, you weren't kidding! Sounds like an interesting experience for straight people who had no idea and wore thier best red outfit that day! :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Cinderella_Castle_at_Magic_Kingdom_-_Gay_Day_-_2007.jpg

tmonkey
05-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Wife and I have been to Disney numerous times but we both agreed that the MGM park sucks, other than Tower of Terror and the one roler coaster..used to be the Aerosmtih one...it's a horrible waste of time and $$$$$.

We both enjoyed Universal but my favorite is and has been since I was about 12 yrs old is Sea World. When we go to visit my aunt in Kississmee we will hit Sea World and Gator Land:D Gator Land is small and sorta cheesy but we both get a kick out of the place. Climb up to the top of the observation tower over lookin the swamp and you will see all the idiots on the lower deck dangling their arms and cameras near the water trying to get close up pics of the gators. Take a cup of ice with you and toss the ice into the water near where the tourists have their arms, the gators will quickly leap up and scare the $hit out of everyone....good times.

Have you been to discovery cove? Again, expensive but really worth it.

FortiesFit
05-31-2012, 07:51 PM
I took my 4 kids there for spring break this year. From my experience, here's the biggest piece of advice I can offer:

As soon as you get to any of the parks, get the fast passes for any of the more popular rides you want to go on...before you do anything else. The passes cost extra, but the lines for those rides can be two hours plus. It'll make it so you can do more riding and less line standing during your time at the park. It helps greatly if you have a game plan of what you want to ride before you get there...It's a bit Clark Griswold-ish, but it's worth it.

mixbwoy
05-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Disney really isn't geared towards big kids rides. You need to go to Islands of Adventure for that. Imo, it is better than the kingdom. There is City Walk for a night out. Seaworld has a couple of good rides too. Wet n Wild is great on hot days. Disney has a couple of water parks, too. Animal Kingdom & Epcot are my favorites parks under Disney. Parks are pretty expensive though.

MiamiSpartan
05-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Boy, you weren't kidding! Sounds like an interesting experience for straight people who had no idea and wore thier best red outfit that day! :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Cinderella_Castle_at_Magic_Kingdom_-_Gay_Day_-_2007.jpg

You laugh, but a straight friend of mine did just that several years back..!
I do have to admit laughing my butt off when he told me.....
I understand coming down from the north without knowing, but this thing made the news big time down here for the first few years it occurred...

tobymax123
05-31-2012, 08:38 PM
When we were there for gay days two years ago, we saw no PDA's other than maybe a little bit of hand holding. The gays are just as busy running around to get their fast passes, waiting in long lines, and suffering in the heat as everyone else. Besides all the red shirts the only thing out of the ordinary may be a higher percentage of adults in the park than usual.

The gays typically do Disney Studios on Friday, Magic Kingdom on Saturday, and Epcot on Sunday. But Saturday is the only day that they show up by the thousands and make a noticeable presence.

Oh yeah, and if an unknowing hetero family shows up wearing red, the Disney folks at the entrance will discreetly handle it by swapping out shirts for them. A friend who works there told me that.

vforgy
05-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Thinking of wearing my white shirt with red letters says. FAH-Q sound it out you'll get it lol. Thanks misc for info and suggestions . heading out shortly as I like driving at night with kiddos hopefully sleeping or watching movies in the back.

IronCharles
05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh yeah, and if an unknowing hetero family shows up wearing red, the Disney folks at the entrance will discreetly handle it by swapping out shirts for them. A friend who works there told me that.That's pretty cool. If I were the OP, and armed with that knowledge, I'd wear an old red shirt on purpose, to get a free new Disney shirt out of the deal! :D

(But how would you make yourself *obviously* hetero.... enough to ensure the offering of said shirt?) :confused: