PDA

View Full Version : next step after shoulder surgery

sam534
05-31-2012, 02:55 AM
ok so its been 2 months nearly since my shoulder surgery and ive been given the go ahead on being able to run.

so i have been on a high fat low carb diet (carbs at 110g fats at 90g protein 170g 2000 cals ish which is -10% from my maintenence).

been big on my sprint hiit training before my surgery and i want to start that up again.

so my question is thinking of doing 2 sessions a week with ab exercises to try shed a bit more fat thinking of going down to 50g of carbs a day and raise the fats. should i go high carb on those training days? and/or higher calorie? like a carb cycling sort of diet? what do you gents think?

cheers sam.

Miickk
05-31-2012, 03:01 AM
Why not just keep your macros consistant every day instead of cycling them?

irishbrah23
05-31-2012, 03:03 AM
Read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122683661&page=2

sam534
05-31-2012, 03:16 AM
Physio has told me i cant do any upper body work buddy :/. which sucks thats why im going back to sprinting and going on a slow cut during the process of recovering.

i want to make sure i dont eat away at what muscle i have left now (havent trained weights in 6-7months due to injury). and upping calories so this isnt the case and changing from high fat to high cho as being in a calorific surplus using fats is counterproductive. also being in a deficit for a long time so thinking of adding these two days to boost leptin/hormones.