PDA

View Full Version : I gotta lose some fat for wresteling

Jacob311
05-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I weigh about 126-128 now and i need to get down to the 122 class. I want to lose fat, maybe 5-6 pounds. I know im a lightweight, but is there any way i can lose fat and build muscle at the same time, and i need to get my rockin abs for the summer ;)

TGates13
05-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Personally, your only 15, I would go up a weight class and put on the muscle in the off-season needed to get there. Your still in the process of growing and dropping weight right now (unless your obese, which I don't think you are) would make no sense.

Dwilson50
05-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Personally, your only 15, I would go up a weight class and put on the muscle in the off-season needed to get there. Your still in the process of growing and dropping weight right now (unless your obese, which I don't think you are) would make no sense.

Agreed. The worse thing you could do is fight your body. Although your coach may ask you to drop down, for the team at the end of the day, wrestling is an individual sport. In the future you could bulk up and drop down to a class that seems reasonable, but at the moment it is too much for your small body ( Sorry).

+ Rep to TGates13