PDA

View Full Version : you can add one player to your team, who do you pick (Harper vs. Trout)

KT667
05-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Harper : 21G 78AB AVG.244 .333 .449 .782 2HR 7RBI

Trout: : 20G 76AB AVG.355 .420 .605 1.026 4HR 11RBI

PervedOut
05-21-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm taking Harper. That SI article said he could throw a 98 mph fastball, as well

BRB coming out of the bullpen for the 9th

Yank11
05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Harper, Trouts in his 2nd year and already had 40 games under his belt + 2 more years in the minors. Give Harper time lol

why not show both players stats in their 1st year?

Trout's 1st year in the mlb:
40 games, 123AB, AVG: .220, SLG: .390, OPS: .672, 5HR 16 RBI

Moody72
05-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Both will be studs in 5 years

Zylantypic
05-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Harper, Trouts in his 2nd year and already had 40 games under his belt + 2 more years in the minors. Give Harper time lol

why not show both players stats in their 1st year?

Trout's 1st year in the mlb:
40 games, 123AB, AVG: .220, SLG: .390, OPS: .672, 5HR 16 RBI
So Harper has 19 games or 45 AB's to beat Trout's HR's and RBI's when he was also 19, which probably won't happen.

Lol at your logic. Trout > Harper.

MCrow
05-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Right now I'll take Trout because he's more polished but Harper will probably be just as good. Trout has less of a butthole factor though.

PervedOut
05-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Right now I'll take Trout because he's more polished but Harper will probably be just as good. Trout has less of a butthole factor though.
You mad he got that awesome eye-black and mohawk?

MCrow
05-21-2012, 07:32 AM
You mad he got that awesome eye-black and mohawk?

No, it just seems like he's a bit of an a-hole, but that's not uncommon for kids his age that have that level of success.

Zylantypic
05-21-2012, 07:34 AM
No, it just seems like he's a bit of an a-hole, but that's not uncommon for kids his age that have that level of success.
He hasn't had success since Single A rofl. What's he so cocky about?

Whereas Trout's had success in HS, Rookie league, Single A, Double A, Triple A and the MLB and is as humble as they come.

MCrow
05-21-2012, 07:45 AM
He hasn't had success since Single A rofl. What's he so cocky about?

Whereas Trout's had success in HS, Rookie league, Single A, Double A, Triple A and the MLB and is as humble as they come.

That was a year ago you moron. Harper has been elite since he started swinging the bat, just because a 37 game stretch in AA that wasn't that great and 20 this year in AAA doesn't mean he didn't have success. Practically every player struggles some as they come up through the minors and he's effing 19.

Zylantypic
05-21-2012, 08:01 AM
That was a year ago you moron. Harper has been elite since he started swinging the bat, just because a 37 game stretch in AA that wasn't that great and 20 this year in AAA doesn't mean he didn't have success. Practically every player struggles some as they come up through the minors and he's effing 19.
That's the point..''practically every player struggles''. But we're comparing Trout and Harper..not Harper and every other random player. Trout did not struggle as he came up through the minors.

Trout's had more success and is as humble as they come, Harper's been hyped since he was 16 and has played to that hype only somewhat. Why is he so cocky?

MCrow
05-21-2012, 08:12 AM
That's the point..''practically every player struggles''. But we're comparing Trout and Harper..not Harper and every other random player. Trout did not struggle as he came up through the minors.

Trout's had more success and is as humble as they come, Harper's been hyped since he was 16 and has played to that hype only somewhat. Why is he so cocky?

That's the reason I like Trout more right now. Trout is a year older though, so we'll see where Harper is in a year. I expect Trout to be the better player for now but Harper, I think, will be as good.

As far as why Harper is cocky:

#1- He's been considered a top proscpect for many years now, when people keep telling you you're great and you're not level headed enough to know better, it goes to your head.

#2- He has had success at most levels of play so far, maybe not the level that Trout has had but he has had success.

I'm not saying he should be cocky, but he certainly is and I credit Trout for having a good head on his shoulders.

PervedOut
05-21-2012, 09:03 AM
That's the reason I like Trout more right now. Trout is a year older though, so we'll see where Harper is in a year. I expect Trout to be the better player for now but Harper, I think, will be as good.

As far as why Harper is cocky:

#1- He's been considered a top proscpect for many years now, when people keep telling you you're great and you're not level headed enough to know better, it goes to your head.

#2- He has had success at most levels of play so far, maybe not the level that Trout has had but he has had success.

I'm not saying he should be cocky, but he certainly is and I credit Trout for having a good head on his shoulders.
Not to mention probably every player in the majors saw Bryce's little homerun trot last year when he blew a kiss at the pitcher, not gonna lie, I lol'd but doubt anyone at the MLB level did.