PDA

View Full Version : artificial sweetners

cuttos
05-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I was wondering today I keep putting 4 tablets of equal sugar each time I have a cocoa or tea. If I have at least 8 glasses a day of that is that sufficient enough to make my body store weight even though im not in surplus because its artificial and tricking the body? Is it playing havoc with my insulin levels?

BDeblo
05-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Short answer: No
Long answer: No, calories in v calories out

ThousandEyes
05-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Well the issue will come in that if you look at the packaging most sweeteners have "trace calories". This is because they're bulked with sugar alcohols or just sugar itself so that it has a more sugary taste, some packets can have as much as 4 calories because the FDA lets anything under 5 cals be labeled as zero.

A packet here and there won't really need to be counted, but if you're eating 32 packets as you suggest, it may add up to a few more cals than you think.

MarkVI
05-20-2012, 01:19 AM
I was wondering today I keep putting 4 tablets of equal sugar each time I have a cocoa or tea. If I have at least 8 glasses a day of that is that sufficient enough to make my body store weight even though im not in surplus because its artificial and tricking the body? Is it playing havoc with my insulin levels?
You really think that you can "trick" your body? lol ..... millions of years of evolution and survival v.s. aritifical sweetners....who's gonna win?

Well the issue will come in that if you look at the packaging most sweeteners have "trace calories". This is because they're bulked with sugar alcohols or just sugar itself so that it has a more sugary taste, some packets can have as much as 4 calories because the FDA lets anything under 5 cals be labeled as zero.

A packet here and there won't really need to be counted, but if you're eating 32 packets as you suggest, it may add up to a few more cals than you think.

He's using tablets not packets.