PDA

View Full Version : Old man KG is turning back the clock....

nvrstopworking
05-17-2012, 07:07 AM
1st round vs. ATL: 19/11/2 (51% FG)

2nd round vs. PHI (after 3 games): 24/12/2 (63% FG)

Love him or hate him you have to respect what the guy is doing so far this post-season. Playing like he's back in his prime... hitting jumpers non-stop, playing killer D and torturing people down low.

Respect due.

forevercapone
05-17-2012, 07:17 AM
1st round vs. ATL: 19/11/2 (51% FG)

2nd round vs. PHI (after 3 games): 24/12/2 (63% FG)

Love him or hate him you have to respect what the guy is doing so far this post-season. Playing like he's back in his prime... hitting jumpers non-stop, playing killer D and torturing people down low.

Respect due.

dudes been beasting, he's gonna be 36! and he's still dominating kids, he's never got enough credit for how good he's been his career due to being on craptastic teams, as soon as the big 3 formed, they've been top of the league every year

IMO only shaq has been a better big man since KG"s been in the league, I put him ahead of duncan, duncan is great, but had amazing teams his whole career

BadaBingBdaBoom
05-17-2012, 07:44 AM
dudes been beasting, he's gonna be 36! and he's still dominating kids, he's never got enough credit for how good he's been his career due to being on craptastic teams, as soon as the big 3 formed, they've been top of the league every year

IMO only shaq has been a better big man since KG"s been in the league, I put him ahead of duncan, duncan is great, but had amazing teams his whole career

Never got enough credit? Not Sheriff serious. The man won an MVP on the Twolves.

BullStampede
05-17-2012, 07:46 AM
dude is sooooooooooooooooooooo goood

If the C's win it all, I'd be shocked if he doesnt get MVP

niospecv
05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
He doesn't get any credit for this because he is a douchebag and hated by many in the league because of his bull5h1t nonsense on the court. I do give him props for his performance in the playoffs thus far. Ahead of Duncan...lulz. No.

OnfiyA
05-17-2012, 08:12 AM

That just stupid. I don't know how else to put it, how could people talk down to the best PF that ever played? Ridiculous...

He doesn't get any credit for this because he is a douchebag and hated by many in the league because of his bull5h1t nonsense on the court. I do give him props for his performance in the playoffs thus far. Ahead of Duncan...lulz. No.

Kevin Garnett Crying Interview
~4:18 to the end, just speechless
SpAv_ao7rBs

Love him or hate him, there's one thing you have to respect and that's his passion for the game. He'll do anything to win and the video certainly proves that. I don't think "bull**** nonsense" is the word to describe what he does, he's a leader and there's obviously more to the mental game he imposes on the opposing team.

EDIT: Just found this video to prove it.
~1:16

Joakim Noah says "I don't KG, he's just a mean guy where is the love?"
KG's response "My job is to stop you, so I don't anticipate you liking me, I don't anticipate you being my friend because I'm not trying to be your friend"

INZ3hJjW0w4

H5-6G183ISQ

nvrstopworking
05-17-2012, 08:22 AM
dude is sooooooooooooooooooooo goood

If the C's win it all, I'd be shocked if he doesnt get MVP

It'll probably be between him and Rondo TBH... Rondo's avging some crazy numbers this post season too.

That just stupid. I don't know how else to put it, how could people talk down to the best PF that ever played? Ridiculous...

I don't know how stupid it is.... I think that KG is TD's equal when it comes down to it. One guy just walked into a great situation while the other had to carry a crappy team for years. No disrespect to Duncan though... he certainly made the most of his opportunity.

ClevageGobbler
05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
He's 10X better than flabby Pierce, that's for sure.

gabe2gg
05-17-2012, 08:43 AM
He's 10X better than flabby Pierce, that's for sure.

now ur just trolling pierce is hurt dum ****

ClevageGobbler
05-17-2012, 08:44 AM
now ur just trolling pierce is hurt dum ****

so is chris paul and blake griffin. cry about it some more if you'd like.

dekd
05-17-2012, 08:55 AM
ltpqPd3t5V0

OnfiyA
05-17-2012, 09:16 AM
It'll probably be between him and Rondo TBH... Rondo's avging some crazy numbers this post season too.

I don't know how stupid it is.... I think that KG is TD's equal when it comes down to it. One guy just walked into a great situation while the other had to carry a crappy team for years. No disrespect to Duncan though... he certainly made the most of his opportunity.

I don't think you can count it as equal; is Kobe equal to MJ? Asides from Kobe fan riders the obvious answer is no. You can compare two players but you cannot state one player is equal to another, every player brings something different to the table and you have to figure which is more important than the other.

I'm not going to count rings as my primary reasoning but I'm sure it's safe to say Tim Duncan was probably the sole reason KG and Dirk didn't achieve as much as they did, he competed with the both of them for a decade at the same position and he beat them. He has three Finals MVP from those four championship, I think you have to see it as if he took it in his own hands to make it into a "great situation" even before Robinson retired. I don't know it's really debatable how to argue exactly why, if KG switched roles with Tim Duncan would he win the same amount or more? Maybe, but when it comes down to it, most people will have Tim Duncan as #1 just for what he accomplished

brb_ballin
05-17-2012, 09:39 AM
shhhh guys the Celtics are old and dont have a chance... lets keep ignoring them.

Garnett is completely manhandling these playoffs.. Rondo showing why people leaving him out of the top 5 PGs are a complete joke.

Pierce and Allen are both banged up.. if they can get healthy for the next round its gonna be tough for whoever meets them.

RedNegAid
05-17-2012, 09:46 AM

And yet these same people who hate KG love LBJ and are on his nutz! Go figure!

nvrstopworking
05-17-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't think you can count it as equal; is Kobe equal to MJ? Asides from Kobe fan riders the obvious answer is no. You can compare two players but you cannot state one player is equal to another, every player brings something different to the table and you have to figure which is more important than the other.

I'm not going to count rings as my primary reasoning but I'm sure it's safe to say Tim Duncan was probably the sole reason KG and Dirk didn't achieve as much as they did, he competed with the both of them for a decade at the same position and he beat them. He has three Finals MVP from those four championship, I think you have to see it as if he took it in his own hands to make it into a "great situation" even before Robinson retired. I don't know it's really debatable how to argue exactly why, if KG switched roles with Tim Duncan would he win the same amount or more? Maybe, but when it comes down to it, most people will have Tim Duncan as #1 just for what he accomplished

Point taken.... I'd have been VERY curious to see what KG could have accomplished in Minny with Spree and Cassell for 6 or 7 seasons together rather than just 2.

gotrice33
05-17-2012, 09:53 AM
this is why i'm scared for miami in the playoffs? IF they get thru the pacers, they have to worry about KG, Pierce, Rondo. Lebron's going to have to end up guarding KG and that's gonna tire him out

BilbroBaggyTime
05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Duncan > KG. If KG went to Spurs and TD to Minny, no way KG establishes an entire fcking champion system in San Anto like Timmy. Timmy is just Timmy.

But it's great to see KG workin out there still. Think he's a douche, but I'm loyal to him since I grew up in his era. Feels great seeing him do work on the new generation. Timmy cries to refs, KG picks on players 5'2 and smaller...no one is perfect but keep doing work KG!!

brb_ballin
05-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Duncan > KG. If KG went to Spurs and TD to Minny, no way KG establishes an entire fcking champion system in San Anto like Timmy. Timmy is just Timmy.

negged. this had nothing to do with Duncan or who's better... quit being a phaggot and stick to your Kobe>Lebron phaggot comparisons.

Pinturicchio
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2hz32g6.jpg

NF0913
05-17-2012, 11:25 AM
"I don't want to come off kind of wrong, but I really go with my craft and I take it very seriously. I guess being 35 -- soon to be 36, not 37, (19)76 (birth year), look it up -- I put a lot of work into my craft. I take it very seriously. I always have, since '95, since I've been able to come into the league and it's almost like you guys are shocked. Like this ain't what I do every day, like this ain't what I was made for. It does come off disrespectful at times. I put a lot of work and time into this, and there are certain levels I expect from myself." - Kevin Garnett

^ that was in the last week i think

and another of my favorite recent quotes from him...

"Ubuntu, we've been preaching that since I've been here. I had to just remind the guys -- including the younger guys, the new guys -- on how we succeed here and the creed, Celtics basketball and what we are here. I just had to reiterate that."

BilbroBaggyTime
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM
negged. this had nothing to do with Duncan or who's better... quit being a phaggot and stick to your Kobe>Lebron phaggot comparisons.

lol at this silly phaggot. I was responding to above posts. U one irate *****.

forevercapone
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
^^ he mad, KG > Duncan

OnfiyA
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
^^ he mad, KG > Duncan

If it makes you feel better, sure.

I think this is easier to comprehend
1a. Tim Duncan

1b. KG

2. Karl Malone? Charles?

4backcracks
05-17-2012, 12:58 PM
brb he hasn't been playing this way since after the all star break.

what makes it even more impressive is that he's been doing it all next to Brandon bass. Bass is not a great rebounder or defender, and having him on the floor forces KG to take on the other team's better big man on defense. Trading Perkins was a huge mistake, and will probably go down as a move that cost the C's at least one, if not two titles.

If Bosh isn't 100% for the next round (assuming the Heat pull it out), I've got to believe the C's will be the favorite against the Heat in the ECF. The C's manhandled the Heat twice this year, and that was with Bosh on the floor. The Heat have no one that can stop KG defensively.

knicksrbake
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
zbo >kg

OnfiyA
05-17-2012, 02:40 PM
zbo >kg

You're kidding right?

Yeah, thought so. Almost scared me a bit there with your jokes and all ;)