PDA

View Full Version : How does my bulking diet look/how can I improve it?

ThePizzaGuy
05-17-2012, 03:36 AM
So I'm about to start back on a bulking cycle and have drawn up a plan but I think its lacking. I was hoping to get around 4000 calories per day but this diet falls just short of that by about 300 calories. I've done similar to this in the past and because I'm not a big guy I find it very very hard to eat this much constantly so adding things is tricky! I'm already at 7 meals per day with it too.

Ok so just a couple of notes, my beef lunch contains beef/pasta/pasta sauce/carrots/onions and my tuna dinner contains tuna/pasta/pasta sauce/beans/corn/onion. My workouts are just before dinner as well.

Ok so the diet;

Breakie 2 wheatbix 0g fat 6.15 protein 33g carbs
Milk 400ml 3.4g fat 3.2 protein 4.9 carbs
Total 220cals

Yoghurt w/juice 9.6g fat 11.65g protein 50g carbs
Chicken 175g 4g fat 40g protein 0g carbs
250ml water
Total 529cals

Beef lunch 31f 65.4p 52.2c
250ml water
Total 749cals

Cyto 4 scoops w/PB 5g fat 54g protein 74g carbs
400ml water
Total 557cals

Tuna dinner 26.4f 78.6p 86.8c
250ml water
Total 899cals

MiGoreng noodles (2 minute) 16.6f 8.4p 59c
250ml water
Total 419cals

Whey 2 scoops before bed 2g fat 48g protein 6g carbs
With milk 400ml 3.4g fat 3.2 protein 4.9 carbs
250ml water
Total 297cals

Total 92.8f 318.4p 370.8
12% fat 40.7% protein 47.4% carb

I was thinking perhaps I could add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter in there somewher but that's mainly fat, not that my current intake would be large but I figure less actual fat = less body fat at the end of the cycle.

I was also thinking that maybe I can just add a scoop of cytogainer to two lots of water throughout the day and that would suffice. Thoughts???

P.S. sorry for the formatting, didnt really convert from MS Word like I thought it would.

AlwaysTryin
05-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Not that it matters, but that's not how you workout %. you're fat is more than 12%

Also eating fat does not make you fat

BDeblo
05-17-2012, 04:04 AM
http://boywritesmiami.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/speechless.gif

ThePizzaGuy
05-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Not that it matters, but that's not how you workout %. you're fat is more than 12%

Also eating fat does not make you fat

I kinda thought there would be errors as I put it all together fairly quickly and with an iphone calculator (does weird things I'm telling you!) but recalculating it I've got less than 12%, what did you get?

I get that eating some fat wont make you fat and it's essential in a diet but doesnt it stand to reason that if I had 12% fat per day I'd have lower overall bodyfat at the end than if I had say 30% fat per day??

ThePizzaGuy
05-17-2012, 04:10 AM
http://boywritesmiami.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/speechless.gif

Come on mate you've obviously got some sort of opinion on the matter otherwise you wouldnt have posted in this thread. I'm seeking some help so any constructive criticism you have is appreciated!

AlwaysTryin
05-17-2012, 04:13 AM
I kinda thought there would be errors as I put it all together fairly quickly and with an iphone calculator (does weird things I'm telling you!) but recalculating it I've got less than 12%, what did you get?

I get that eating some fat wont make you fat and it's essential in a diet but doesnt it stand to reason that if I had 12% fat per day I'd have lower overall bodyfat at the end than if I had say 30% fat per day??

Closer to ~25%... Don't know how you get under 12.

Also no, having 30% over 12% won't make you fatter if the total caloric intake was the same

BDeblo
05-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Come on mate you've obviously got some sort of opinion on the matter otherwise you wouldnt have posted in this thread. I'm seeking some help so any constructive criticism you have is appreciated!
my suggestion/thoughts are in my signature.
as well as there is no need for a mass gainer.
do you enjoy eating 7 tiny meals a day? because it is unnecessary if you were doing it for a metabolic advantage.

ThePizzaGuy
05-17-2012, 04:54 AM
my suggestion/thoughts are in my signature.
as well as there is no need for a mass gainer.
do you enjoy eating 7 tiny meals a day? because it is unnecessary if you were doing it for a metabolic advantage.

Cool, but for the sake of conversation why do you feel there isnt a need for a mass gainer? I'm trying to eat as much as possible to gain as much as I possibly can. Re the 7 meals they might be tiny for you but not for me, it's all filling (especially lunch and dinner, those are the largest meals I have). But no I dont enjoy eating so much, its hard and can be painful!

ThePizzaGuy
05-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Closer to ~25%... Don't know how you get under 12.

Also no, having 30% over 12% won't make you fatter if the total caloric intake was the same

Yeah you're right, I messed that one up! Looks like 23% fat hey.

BDeblo
05-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Cool, but for the sake of conversation why do you feel there isnt a need for a mass gainer? I'm trying to eat as much as possible to gain as much as I possibly can. Re the 7 meals they might be tiny for you but not for me, it's all filling (especially lunch and dinner, those are the largest meals I have). But no I dont enjoy eating so much, its hard and can be painful!

Well in then case a weight gainer will be good for you, but I wouldn't spend the money on a processed powder. make a homemade shake, plenty of recipes and threads on here.
Try to eat more calorie dense foods as well.

ThePizzaGuy
05-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Well in then case a weight gainer will be good for you, but I wouldn't spend the money on a processed powder. make a homemade shake, plenty of recipes and threads on here.
Try to eat more calorie dense foods as well.

Any suggestions for calorie dense foods? I've actually structured my diet around a low budget (cooking in bulk, not buying brands etc) so I get a whole month of food for about $150. The powders do double that but they're not too hard to down so I'm happy to pay for them. Anyway, I'll do a search for home made shakes but dont most of those include some sort of protein powder anyway?

BDeblo
05-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Any suggestions for calorie dense foods? I've actually structured my diet around a low budget (cooking in bulk, not buying brands etc) so I get a whole month of food for about $150. The powders do double that but they're not too hard to down so I'm happy to pay for them. Anyway, I'll do a search for home made shakes but dont most of those include some sort of protein powder anyway?
Some do, yes. But not all. Protein is typically a lot less expensive than gainers if you decide to go the homemade route.
Calorie dense foods include the following; fatty fish, skin on poultry, bacon, steak, avocado, oils, potatoes, rice, milk, nuts and nut butters, trail mix, dried fruit, juice, honey, syrup, bacon, sausage, condensed milk, cream, cereal and cheese. I also find it easy to down a fair amount of eggs, fruits, beans, grits and oats.

SimonThePieman
05-17-2012, 07:04 AM
So I'm about to start back on a bulking cycle and have drawn up a plan but I think its lacking. I was hoping to get around 4000 calories per day but this diet falls just short of that by about 300 calories. I've done similar to this in the past and because I'm not a big guy I find it very very hard to eat this much constantly so adding things is tricky! I'm already at 7 meals per day with it too.

Ok so just a couple of notes, my beef lunch contains beef/pasta/pasta sauce/carrots/onions and my tuna dinner contains tuna/pasta/pasta sauce/beans/corn/onion. My workouts are just before dinner as well.

Ok so the diet;

Breakie 2 wheatbix 0g fat 6.15 protein 33g carbs
Milk 400ml 3.4g fat 3.2 protein 4.9 carbs
Total 220cals

Yoghurt w/juice 9.6g fat 11.65g protein 50g carbs
Chicken 175g 4g fat 40g protein 0g carbs
250ml water
Total 529cals

Beef lunch 31f 65.4p 52.2c
250ml water
Total 749cals

Cyto 4 scoops w/PB 5g fat 54g protein 74g carbs
400ml water
Total 557cals

Tuna dinner 26.4f 78.6p 86.8c
250ml water
Total 899cals

MiGoreng noodles (2 minute) 16.6f 8.4p 59c
250ml water
Total 419cals

Whey 2 scoops before bed 2g fat 48g protein 6g carbs
With milk 400ml 3.4g fat 3.2 protein 4.9 carbs
250ml water
Total 297cals

Total 92.8f 318.4p 370.8
12% fat 40.7% protein 47.4% carb

I was thinking perhaps I could add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter in there somewher but that's mainly fat, not that my current intake would be large but I figure less actual fat = less body fat at the end of the cycle.

I was also thinking that maybe I can just add a scoop of cytogainer to two lots of water throughout the day and that would suffice. Thoughts???

P.S. sorry for the formatting, didnt really convert from MS Word like I thought it would.

poor username to food choice ration