PDA

View Full Version : Egg Whites

Hitmantium
05-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Hope everyone is doing well and training hard. Just a quick question for those that eat carton egg whites.

I have a hard time eating in the morning, I typically can only down 1/2 cup oats with cinnamon and 1/4 cup raisins, and wash it down with a scoop of whey with 8oz skim milk.
I'd like to skip the whey and have egg whites instead. My question is - does anyone, or do you think it's safe to, drink the carton egg whites rather than cook them up?

Regards,

Brett

WonderPug
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Ick.

Why not just eat later in the day, when you're hungry, or eat something that tastes better, like maybe bacon and eggs?

cyclist93
05-13-2012, 04:26 PM
http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/raw-egg-whites-m387535.aspx

razorfin
05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Hope everyone is doing well and training hard. Just a quick question for those that eat carton egg whites.

I have a hard time eating in the morning, I typically can only down 1/2 cup oats with cinnamon and 1/4 cup raisins, and wash it down with a scoop of whey with 8oz skim milk.
I'd like to skip the whey and have egg whites instead. My question is - does anyone, or do you think it's safe to, drink the carton egg whites rather than cook them up?

Regards,

Brett

Fuark all that. Skip breakfast if you don't enjoy it, it won't hurt. And ditch the egg whites, get some whole eggs down you. But if you insist on egg whites, go nuts, but you do not have to have breakfast. Not sure on the cooking part, i only eat who eggs, which i cook obv.

TigerStealth
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
most cartons tell you wehther they can be eaten uncooked or not. personally i switched from carton egg whites to using real egg whites by manually separating the yolk. it takes just a second, tastes way better, and is actually cheaper